Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #126
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
what if rather than a sticker on the car (which some people seem to be arguing more because its "ugly" than because its infringing on their "rights") they used a different color license plate on cars driven by "higher risk drivers" ( i wont argue the fact that seniors should go through the same program)

they should also require a written retest and a retest on the drivers course every time they need their license renewed, if your 36 and suddenly forget half the laws on the written test, or suddenly cant pass the drivers test THEY SHOULD TAKE THE PRIVILEGE AWAY FROM YOU. Just like they should for seniors that suddenly lose some of their driving ability.
You shouldn't be singling out people like that, PERIOD. Stickers, different license plates, I don't agree with it for the same reasons I listed above, to hell with the stickers looking ugly, that's not a reason to argue it, lol.

As far as the retest, sure...I agree with that. The way it sits now there's really no system of checks and balances as far as driver skill/law knowledge goes.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 04-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #127
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
You shouldn't be singling out people like that, PERIOD. Stickers, different license plates, I don't agree with it for the same reasons I listed above, to hell with the stickers looking ugly, that's not a reason to argue it, lol.

As far as the retest, sure...I agree with that. The way it sits now there's really no system of checks and balances as far as driver skill/law knowledge goes.
maybe you should just be happy you live in pa and this doesn't matter to you at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #128
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

Quote:
maybe you should just be happy you live in pa and this doesn't matter to you at all?
lol. All this thread is about is arguing, I don't see anything coming out of this thread other than people having different views on certain laws....whatta surprise?

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #129
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

As far as the people who think the sticker is gonna be ugly, the article in the Times that I read said they would be small orange stickers placed on the license plate, most likely in the same location as the old registration stickers.

- Justin

Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #130
Frosty

Quote:
Maybe I have a right to voice my opinion since your **** hole, ass backwards state is starting this it could trickle down to other states. Also, there's a very good chance I'm moving back to NJ. Furthermore, I'm not even close to the age that we're discussing...

So yeah....I guess I can't voice my opinion since it doesn't have anything to do with me...
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 04-18-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #131
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Maybe I have a right to voice my opinion because since your **** hole, ass backwards state starts this it could trickle down to other states. Also, there's a very good chance I'm moving back to NJ. Furthermore, I'm not even close to the age that we're discussing...

So yeah....
i know your not close to the age.

so yeah.......

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #132
Frosty

Quote:
i know your not close to the age.

so yeah.......
I'm glad you know that..

So yeah....

Old 04-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #133
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

So yeah....good thread? haha

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13

Last edited by NJ346; 04-18-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #134
Frosty

YEAH!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #135
jims69camaro

Quote:
not in a dorm, it has to be a house/apartment, he would also have to get the florida license, re-register the car, and re insure the car. then when he moves home he would have to do everything all over again in nj, or keep a house down there so he can keep renewing his registration.

i actually know a couple local people that have done this, so im talking with experience rather than hypothetically.
that's actually the proper way to do it. if you plan on being in a certain state for longer than 30 days, then you should change everyting over to your new (expected) residence. they only give you 30 days once you complete the move to get it done, so haste is important. then, once you move back, permanently, you should change everything over again within 30 days.

i've known some people that keep up the ruse for years only to pay lower insurance rates. it was almost like sticker shock on a new car when i came back to NJ. i had paid for the car again in insurance premiums over the course of the 5 year loan. that, of course, was before i had turned 25, got married, insurance on the house, etc.; they are all discounting factors used by the insurance companies to offer lower rates to new customers.

i don't know where someone (geico) got the bright idea to start checking people's credit reports when offering them a new policy. well, my credit's shi++y, but that doesn't mean i am a bad driver.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #136
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

To anyone else concerned with this, apparently the decal will be required for all drivers under 21. WTF.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey...080.xml&coll=1
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #137
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I saw that. The sticker idea is just dumb and a waste of $$.

This is fine by me:
The second bill (S16) limits young drivers to only one passenger in a car unless accompanied by an adult, forbids the use of wireless communications and starts the ban on late-night driving at 11 p.m. instead of midnight.

As is this pending one:
Weeks said she's hoping the legislature passes more more bill (A3068), which would require a teenager's parent to complete an orientation program on driving rules.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #138
LTb1ow

Yea I have no problem with that, but I sure hope the state drags its feet with this for another 6 months cause no decal is going on my car.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #139
BonzoHansen
Admin.

It goes on your plates like the old registration sticker, not on your car, Mr I Added To The Statistics. LOL

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #140
LTb1ow

Ehhhh, I am out of the young driver group according to insurance, I don't know why NJ is going to 21 with this nonsense.

Kinda annoying, I can understand sub 18 but above that, I am allowed to **** my life up myself. Thank you NJ, but I got it.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #141
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Ehhhh, I am out of the young driver group according to insurance, I don't know why NJ is going to 21 with this nonsense.

Kinda annoying, I can understand sub 18 but above that, I am allowed to **** my life up myself. Thank you NJ, but I got it.
That's what happens when someone young dies, people are quick to pass these reactionary laws....it's happening everywhere...

Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #142
LTb1ow

Yea, knee jerk reaction, ah well. I assume they will "check" these decals at inspection? Even then, dunno how they could prove its "my" car versus my parents car etc.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #143
maroman88
12 Second Club

uhh this 21 thing is pushin it....
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #144
69BirdX
12 Second Club

i think its grrrreattt....why because im over 21 and dont care
'04 Pontiac GTO....Sunday Funday Special

Old 04-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #145
miketa95

My younger brother just got his license last week, and got pulled over three days later for having too many people in the car. The cop gave him a ticket, but told him "sorry but the state is making us push this law." I think their way too lenient, the fact the cop apologized was ridiculous. I see the way my brother, and many of his friends drive and it reminds me of how I did myself back in High school, which is nothing to be proud of. I think it's natural for (especially a male) to go out and test the limits of a car once their old enough to drive one. I'm not saying that makes it okay, but I don't think there will be much that will stop some kid from wanting to go a little crazy now and then right after gaining this new privilege.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #146
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i have absolutely no problem having a distinguishing sticker on my license plate to notify other drivers of my presence. i know young drivers are for the most part terrible at driving and only experience will help them. i work right by a high school and see some of the terrible driving habits/law breaking first hand. i think it could be a good thing but its like the ban on cell phones and ipods, it only works if the law is obeyed. most young people learn from example as well and are influenced by their surroundings. control that and you might have a smart youth for once.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #147
L695speed

This is going to become like the drinking law as far as wtf laws in terms of the federal gov't.

You are forced to register for the draft at 18, therefore you can be thrown into war zones fresh out of HS or while you are still in HS and yet you can't go out to the bar and have a beer. Add to that and yet you can't go for a drive with your buddies. This is getting ridiculous next they are going to be complaining that teens and people in their 20s are getting killed when they have families because they don't have the experience of driving with distractions...........
Old 04-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #148
Mike
BadMod

considering the majority of the people in this state either dont read the newspaper or dont come on these forums, most of the people that see the sticker on the road will just think you have an old registration sticker on your plate........

Quote:
Old 04-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #149
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by L695speed View Post
This is going to become like the drinking law as far as wtf laws in terms of the federal gov't.

You are forced to register for the draft at 18, therefore you can be thrown into war zones fresh out of HS or while you are still in HS and yet you can't go out to the bar and have a beer. Add to that and yet you can't go for a drive with your buddies. This is getting ridiculous next they are going to be complaining that teens and people in their 20s are getting killed when they have families because they don't have the experience of driving with distractions...........
bad example, we dont have a draft anymore

Quote:
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #150
L695speed

Doesn't mean they won't bring it back. Still gotta register for it. Even those who voluntary go to the military still gotta follow the law. I know this is getting pointless anyway.... this is still a valid point

"This is getting ridiculous next they are going to be complaining that teens and people in their 20s are getting killed when they have families because they don't have the experience of driving with distractions..........."

Distractions are a part of life, we don't need to be postponing the experiences that might have worse consequences later in life......
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge