Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-20-2004, 09:52 AM   #126
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane
How about... lets save it for the spring, men
And my 60ft time of almost 2.98 OWNS <<<jk
And women sorry
Old 11-20-2004, 10:16 AM   #127
kh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
Hey Joe, I ran 12.08 with bolt-ons only with a stock TC. Â*If you would look at my sig you would know that. Â*I went 11.93 when it was 15 degrees warmer, otherwise I would have a faster time. Â*I think the hating is on the other end of the computer. Â*Maybe you should be directing more of your attention to cartek to get your Vette fixed since it's been sitting there for weeks.
Im not hating at all, its clear you have some sort of problem with the number Ali's car ran. Â*What difference does it make if she drove it herself or not. Â*Hell if I get in and drive it, it might go even faster. Â* Oh and couldnt care less what the temperature was when you ran or what torque converter you have or dont have. Dont make excuses. Your comparing bolt on cars to bolt on cars, not our fault you didnt get a TC. Â*I could go on how my car has more left in it but I dont cause it ran what it ran.
kh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:55 AM   #128
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh24
Quote:
Hey Joe, I ran 12.08 with bolt-ons only with a stock TC. Â*If you would look at my sig you would know that. Â*I went 11.93 when it was 15 degrees warmer, otherwise I would have a faster time. Â*I think the hating is on the other end of the computer. Â*Maybe you should be directing more of your attention to cartek to get your Vette fixed since it's been sitting there for weeks.
Im not hating at all, its clear you have some sort of problem with the number Ali's car ran. Â*What difference does it make if she drove it herself or not. Â*Hell if I get in and drive it, it might go even faster. Â* Oh and couldnt care less what the temperature was when you ran or what torque converter you have or dont have. Dont make excuses. Your comparing bolt on cars to bolt on cars, not our fault you didnt get a TC. Â*I could go on how my car has more left in it but I dont cause it ran what it ran.
You, Ali, and whoever else can keep telling yourselves whatever you want to make you feel better about my arguement about her tranny not being stock. For some reason this became a bolt-on arguement. No I don't know alot about sticks. If someone would have said getting an aftermarket clutch is like getting an aftermarket TC for an auto when this whole thing started then it wouldn't have gotten this far. I am not in competition or hating on anyone's times. I never have, and never will. There is always someone out there that has a faster car, or went faster with less mods. Who cares. The only thing I ever gave her crap about was her tranny, and the fact that she didn't drive her own car at the track. The only thing that makes a good driver is experience. If she would just go and practice driving her car, she would be hitting 12.2s too. I have no respect for people who don't drive their own cars at the strip. You spend all this money fixing it up to let someone else drive it.

Notes:
-An aftermarket clutch is like an aftermarket TC for an auto. End my arguement about her tranny being stock.
-Practice makes a good driver. Ali go out and practice so i and everyone else doesn't have to give you **** about not driving your own car.
2000 T/A WS6 - 11.190 @ 119.79...SOLD
Jersey_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #129
Wasted Youth

Quote:
Quote:

that couldn't have been said any better...now...no offense...but this spring....if i hear one word about a torque converter or air intake temperature...or any excuse for the time someone ran im handing someone a box of kleenex...

1980 Ducati Darmah 12:1 arias pistons, 88mm cylinders, 44mm intake 40mm exhaust valves, Imola cam, NCR race exhaust, 40mm intakes, 40mm dellorto carbs, etc

www.myspace.com/onesykgta
Wasted Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:21 AM   #130
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Youth
Quote:
Quote:

that couldn't have been said any better...now...no offense...but this spring....if i hear one word about a torque converter or air intake temperature...or any excuse for the time someone ran im handing someone a box of kleenex...
No offense taken, I won't be making any excuses this spring.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:24 AM   #131
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Youth
or any excuse for the time someone ran im handing someone a box of kleenex...
Im gonna be needing some if my 305 is still in
Old 11-20-2004, 11:25 AM   #132
kh24

Rob I wouldnt really say an aftermarket clutch is like an aftermarket TC but your starting to get the idea here. The clutch is not part of the tranny. Hell the clutch on my vette is in the front and the tranny is way back in the rear. Aftermarket clutches are needed on just about any car that sees some regular drag strip time. My stock Z06 clutch lasted me 12 passes with a totally stock car. If anything, you could argue it might slow her down because the materials that are used are most likely heavier then stock.
kh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #133
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

Quote:
Rob I wouldnt really say an aftermarket clutch is like an aftermarket TC but your starting to get the idea here. Â*The clutch is not part of the tranny. Â*Hell the clutch on my vette is in the front and the tranny is way back in the rear. Â*Aftermarket clutches are needed on just about any car that sees some regular drag strip time. Â*My stock Z06 clutch lasted me 12 passes with a totally stock car. Â*If anything, you could argue it might slow her down because the materials that are used are most likely heavier then stock.
Thanks for the info Joe 8)
Old 11-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #134
Wasted Youth

i have a non G92...2.73 open 305 tpi....but...i won't be making excuses....305? no big deal...get a 100-150 shot and tune it right for it...only thing i would be saying was...i broke something....**** happens...i don't know if bringing my bike would count or not...

1980 Ducati Darmah 12:1 arias pistons, 88mm cylinders, 44mm intake 40mm exhaust valves, Imola cam, NCR race exhaust, 40mm intakes, 40mm dellorto carbs, etc

www.myspace.com/onesykgta
Wasted Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:35 AM   #135
AliWantsNss

I would like to jump in here and say a few words. I let Tommy drive my car because the last time I went to Atco, I ran the best time to date. Now as you all know, etown is closed after this weekend, and I dont like to trek all the way down there all the time. I wanted to see exactly how much more potential if any was left in my car. Tommy showed us there is. My cars set up will be changing soon, and I dont have time to "practice". I wanted to see the number and go forward. I will have to "re-learn" my car after my next mod. Before last nite, I had a total of 8 passes in the car the entire year. Rob, you make more passes than that in one night. To pull a 12.5 is very respectable w/ the amount of seat time I have. I don't think you would go up to Mike Romaine and tell him to learn how to drive....

2011 Buick Regal Turbo
AliWantsNss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #136
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

A NON OEM factory clutch meant for that particular car = NOT STOCK

And, run your car and get your time.

Anyone can say.... my cars 11.XXX with billy bob driving... but when I drive it is a 12.XXX car.... to me... when I'm racing you.... it is a 12.XXX car.... YOUR best time... not someone else's best time in your car
Old 11-20-2004, 12:48 PM   #137
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I'm in Union County, closest to E-town but I only race at Atco, am I 'South' or 'Central'
your central damnit!
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:55 PM   #138
AliWantsNss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondv6
Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

A NON OEM factory clutch meant for that particular car = NOT STOCK

And, run your car and get your time.

Anyone can say.... my cars 11.XXX with billy bob driving... but when I drive it is a 12.XXX car.... to me... when I'm racing you.... it is a 12.XXX car.... YOUR best time... not someone else's best time in your car
Please refer back to my previous post. I wanted to see the CARS potential with a better driver. What is so difficult to grasp about this?

2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Old 11-20-2004, 12:57 PM   #139
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Rob I wouldnt really say an aftermarket clutch is like an aftermarket TC but your starting to get the idea here. Â*The clutch is not part of the tranny. Â*Hell the clutch on my vette is in the front and the tranny is way back in the rear. Â*Aftermarket clutches are needed on just about any car that sees some regular drag strip time. Â*My stock Z06 clutch lasted me 12 passes with a totally stock car. Â*If anything, you could argue it might slow her down because the materials that are used are most likely heavier then stock.
A TC bolts to the flywheels on the back of the motor so technically its in teh same family as the clutch would be in, just food for thought
Old 11-20-2004, 01:09 PM   #140
AliWantsNss

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
Quote:
A TC bolts to the flywheels on the back of the motor so technically its in teh same family as the clutch would be in, just food for thought
Its in the same family, but the TC controls RPMs, and will grab and go, and has a proven drag strip benefit. How does my clutch make me go faster?

2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Old 11-20-2004, 01:38 PM   #141
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

So who else wants to join the North? I feel im being outnumbered.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #142
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
you shoudl be feeling out gunned too
time to trade in taht big mean pool cue for some tissues to soak up your tears
CENTRAL OWNS YOU!!!

hehe

later
tim[/b]

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #143
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
you shoudl be feeling out gunned too Â*
time to trade in taht big mean pool cue for some tissues to soak up your tears
CENTRAL OWNS YOU!!!

hehe

later
tim[/b]
Got an issues? Heres a tissue!

You'll be going through alot of cleanex's when the North is done with you.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:47 PM   #144
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliWantsNss
Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
Quote:
Its in the same family, but the TC controls RPMs, and will grab and go, and has a proven drag strip benefit. Â*How does my clutch make me go faster?
try launching at 6000 rpms on the stock clutch see how many times it lasts...then slap in an aftermarket clutch and see how man that lasts...also theres a difference in how much bite they have.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:45 PM   #145
Slow Z
11 Second Club

WHO GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT TRANSMISSIONS!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:35 PM   #146
enRo
13 Second Club

Old 11-20-2004, 08:52 PM   #147
Trans Am Chick

heh the smiley is cute!

I <3 my Trans Am!
Trans Am Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:01 PM   #148
ProtekYoNutz

Quote:

CENTRAL WILL OWN!!!! HAAHAHHAHAHAHA

yeah everyone knows my car is a pos but thats ok...im still better than you!
ProtekYoNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #149
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Quote:
Kick Ass!!!
Old 11-21-2004, 05:21 PM   #150
j0n

north dont have kelly...aka north sucks

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge