Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-12-2004, 12:53 AM   #126
bencar

Here's what I know of this guy. I know him for about 5 years, but really never had any work done by him. Though I wouldn't outright say he would steal our idea, I couldn't absolutely say he wouldn't. And I can't say that I disagree with you on the concept of keeping things within our own little circle.

As far as the cleanliness of this guy's shop goes, I would suffice it to say that it's no cleaner, or dirtier than any working repair shop. The main advantage, if any, to this place, is that it has five bays, lifts etc.

Oh well, the more I think about it, the less I like my idea. Back to square one I guess.
bencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:30 AM   #127
jims69camaro

it's a good thing to take up space on one of the back burners... at the least. i've got a couple of things back there that might find their time and place to be presented. thanks for bringing it up.

at some point htis week, i will go back over the needs/haves list so we know where we are with this. i'd like to have an online meeting as well.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:28 AM   #128
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Although having a shop like that with lots of space and a lift is nice (believe me, Dad manages a 3 bay Mobil station, and I take full advantage), I think it gets away from the 'Average Guys' theme. The average car enthusiast doesn't have access to a lift. Why should we use one on the show? I say break out the jackstands!

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #129
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
it's a good thing to take up space on one of the back burners... at the least. i've got a couple of things back there that might find their time and place to be presented. thanks for bringing it up.

at some point htis week, i will go back over the needs/haves list so we know where we are with this. i'd like to have an online meeting as well.
Let me know when you plan on having the meeting, I should be available the rest of this week, but I would like to know a day or so ahead of time when the meeting is supposed to be, so I don't get myself involved in a project (i.e., tune-up on the 60 Plymouth) .
Old 10-12-2004, 02:07 PM   #130
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Although having a shop like that with lots of space and a lift is nice (believe me, Dad manages a 3 bay Mobil station, and I take full advantage), I think it gets away from the 'Average Guys' theme. The average car enthusiast doesn't have access to a lift. Why should we use one on the show? I say break out the jackstands!

- Justin
yeah, the lift thing was mentioned earlier and i think i replied the same as you just did. not a whole lotta sense in throwing something up on a lift except for camera angle. we don't want our cameramen laying on their backs under the car, too... or do we?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-13-2004, 11:21 PM   #131
bencar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy

- Justin
yeah, the lift thing was mentioned earlier and i think i replied the same as you just did. not a whole lotta sense in throwing something up on a lift except for camera angle. we don't want our cameramen laying on their backs under the car, too... or do we?
Um Camerapeople on their backs, hmm Got to keep this thing PG rated-Don't we
Old 10-14-2004, 09:00 AM   #132
SpeakersGoBoom

A friend of mine might be able to help us. Hes in Ridgewood High School in their TV club or whatever they call it. Anyway, they supposedly have time on cable tv. He wants to do a show or something about cars...if i can get him to refocus off of drag racing, he might be able to help us out.
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:55 AM   #133
jims69camaro

he doesn't need to refocus off of drag racing, just get him to see the big picture: from installation to performance at the track. we would appreciate some 'professional' help with this, and it sounds like this kid is learning the ropes. let him know about us and find out if he's willing to help out.

there should be an announcement shortly regarding the meeting.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #134
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

The Camaro's time for an oil-change is comming up
Old 10-14-2004, 05:39 PM   #135
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
The Camaro's time for an oil-change is comming up
how involved is this oil change? is it like bolting on two somethings, connecting a couple of coolant lines and an oil line, strapping new pulleys on and a fat belt?

or are you really just changing the oil?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #136
SpeakersGoBoom

Talked to dan (the video kid) and he said he can do it, and he got the ok from the moderator at his school.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:15 PM   #137
jims69camaro

hey, that's good news. what is his availability? does he have access to a computer connected to the internet at home? does he have an email account that i could start communication with him through?

i'd really like to have him join us for the online meeting, which the day and time will be announced shortly (sometime next week will be the actual meeting).

i wonder what kind of equipment he has access to? maybe some professional type cameras? i wonder what his school budget was for that program, and what they spent it on (if anything...) all the more reason why i'd like him to join us next week. please pass on the word - or have him join the site if possible.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-14-2004, 08:53 PM   #138
bencar

Movin right along Now if anything goes haywire, I'll lose it, ur somethin like that

I'll probably be doing some engine painting and a 'Water Outlet Gasket' on my 60 Plymouth Monday or Tuesday, but expect to be available Wednesday and Friday nights
Old 10-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #139
jims69camaro

nah, any small problem can be resolved quickly and efficiently. the large problems are just a series of smaller problems that take a little more time to resolve, but they, too, can be fixed.

i never give up. once i take on a project, i see it through 'til the end. it's called perserverance, and i am a scorpio.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-15-2004, 09:02 PM   #140
bencar

Quote:
nah, any small problem can be resolved quickly and efficiently. the large problems are just a series of smaller problems that take a little more time to resolve, but they, too, can be fixed.

i never give up. once i take on a project, i see it through 'til the end. it's called perserverance, and i am a scorpio.

My Dad called that 'Bulldog Persistenece', and I inherited that trait. The losin part, that's only mementary interuption on the way to plowing ahead
Old 10-16-2004, 09:29 PM   #141
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
Talked to dan (the video kid) and he said he can do it, and he got the ok from the moderator at his school.
Could be worse, like not being able to figure out what TA-TOY means on an NJ License plate . The more important thing though, is it sounds like this guy can really help this project out.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:46 PM   #142
SpeakersGoBoom

if you guys want to get in touch with him directly, his screen name is ANGELEYESnastro. Hes on pretty much all the time in the afternoons after school.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #143
jims69camaro

be sure to tell him about the meeting tomorrow. i've added him to my buddy list, but since he was inactive for over an hour i didn't bother him.

if it looks like he is around later i will invite him, but just in case i don't get in touch with him, be sure to give him the message. and thanks for the tip on this kid. i have a feeling he can help out quite a bit.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-19-2004, 06:50 PM   #144
bencar

Quote:
be sure to tell him about the meeting tomorrow. i've added him to my buddy list, but since he was inactive for over an hour i didn't bother him.

if it looks like he is around later i will invite him, but just in case i don't get in touch with him, be sure to give him the message. and thanks for the tip on this kid. i have a feeling he can help out quite a bit.

Every little bit helps, and from what I've read of what this kid has to offer us, he's got more than just a little bit to bring to the table
Old 10-19-2004, 10:32 PM   #145
bencar

Jims69Camaro,

Looks like I've found, and successfully gotten on the Group's AIM 'Chatroom.' The 'Chatroom' name is NJFBOA. So, unless I hear differently, I'll sign on to that 'Chatroom' tomorrow night around 7:00 P.M.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:56 PM   #146
BigAls87Z28

tomorrow's chat room will be called AGCS and will be for only discussing the show.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:07 AM   #147
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
tomorrow's chat room will be called AGCS and will be for only discussing the show.
Okay
Old 10-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #148
bencar

Okay, we had our first Online meeting for this thing, and from my perspective, WHAT A MEETING! A lot of good ideas were put forth, and some solid offers of much needed Lighting equipment, Camera equipment, and project cars came out of this first of many meetings. For those who were there, well, you know how good this thing will be. For those who missed this first meeting, well, it's not too late to join in.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:09 AM   #149
jims69camaro

i'd have to echo ben's words. i'd hate for anyone to sit back now and later realize that they missed out on something really cool. we're talking high quality video with the camera this kid's got access to, plus he sounds like he's fairly in demand as far as paying gigs. there isn't a better accolade i could hear about someone like this getting involved in our little thing.

as was posted before, there will be stuff for people to do. it's not that you're not needed - you are. i am sure roles for people will develop as we go along. we really can't expect to get this off the ground without member participation. how many times are you going to have the opportunity to get involved in something like this on the ground floor, to be able to watch it grow from an idea to a television quality show?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-23-2004, 12:52 AM   #150
bencar

Just some more thoughts here. We had our first meeting, things are starting to move along, there've been over 175 viewings of this topic-So, what's up with everyone? We have a fantastic opportunity at our feet here, and only a handful of people have stepped forward so far. Why?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge