Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-18-2004, 10:45 PM   #201
bencar

Um Jim, just a question here. Does my 'Water Outlet' (a.k.a. Thermostat Housing)* project suggestion sound like something we could use for this 'Average Guy's Car Show' endeavour?

*See earlier post
bencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:02 PM   #202
SpeakersGoBoom

so do we have a location yet? Jims69camaro, did you call Ramsey Pugeot? if not, I guess i can go get the number of the owner and call him. Send me a PM about exactly what we're looking to do (size area needed, number of people in an episode, how much time we think we'd need, etc.) so i dont sound like an idiot when i call him.
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:28 PM   #203
bencar

Kinda sticking my neck out on this one, but I do have to ask-Is there anything a bit more centrally located than Ramsey? Also, is this guy trustworthy enough that we don't need to be concerned about him pirating any of this project?
Old 11-19-2004, 10:55 PM   #204
BigAls87Z28

I have enough ideas that could last us 2 seasons. Just let me know when everyone wants to sit down and talk about it.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:10 PM   #205
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
I have enough ideas that could last us 2 seasons. Â*Just let me know when everyone wants to sit down and talk about it.
Give me until after November 28th, and I should be able to spare a Sunday or possibly a Friday, unless maybe you want to do something over the phone, then I might be able to get going a bit sooner
Old 11-21-2004, 11:10 PM   #206
bencar

So, is after the 28th of November okay for you Al? I don't want you, or anyone in this group to think that I'm blowing them off, I'm not. Things are just getting very hectic in my schedule right now, and on top of that, I still want to make sure, to the best of my ability to do so, that this project gets as much attention as I can humanly muster
Old 11-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #207
bencar

Just a quick note, for those who haven't yet looked at Big Al's post about a planning meeting on 12-7-2004, take a peek at the Lounge listings for it.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #208
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
sorry, i've been battling poor health recently. i'll let you know when i get my feet under me again.
Oh, sorry to have bothered you then. Hope you feel better soon.
no bother, really. i'm just glad i popped on when i did, otherwise there would be a string of posts: so, jim, how'd the experiment work out? jim? Jim?!? JIM!!!

you could've called. if i am not on the net, it usually means i can't make it to the desk, which is in the other end of the house. but the phone is always handy.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 06:52 PM   #209
jims69camaro

no, i've been slacking off. actually, since the computer (and his info) was at the other end of the house...

we'll be ten strong, most likely, for the first coupla shoots. we'll be bringing our own equipment, but using his electric. his (business) name will appear prominently in the credits, and we could even take a shot of his business location with a sign for the closing credits - so he'd definitely be getting his name out there to whoever watches the videos. he only needs to know that we'll be shooting a video for possible small-range distribution to begin with, and that, if he treats us right, we could include him in shows at a later date, as well. we should have most of our own tools, and anything else we need so we'll only be needing him for one bay, two at most.

if anyone else can think of any other information that should be passed on to this guy at this time, speak up. sorry i'm being so short, but the pain is taking over again.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 11-27-2004, 11:21 PM   #210
bencar

Sorry to hear about your back problem. As the not so proud owner of a herniated Disc myself, and a semi useless left Knee, I can empathize with you.

Now, just wondering. Big Al had suggested the idea of a meeting of sorts, centered around this 'Average Guy's Car Show' project (see his thread
at AGCS Meeting Dec 7th. So far, it seems like only he and I would be there, and I really don't think it's worth the effort for us to go through with this meeting, if only two of us involved with this project will be there.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:33 AM   #211
jims69camaro

i will. i thought Karl (Nastro) was going to be there as well. would be nice to put some faces to names, meet this kid, etc. in any event, the three of us is fine for a first meeting. no-nonsense, get the stuff discussed, etc. i didn't expect everyone to turnout. it is december, after all.

your water neck project is a good, quick one. we could easily include that in one of the eps, just like a quicky, here-it-is-this-is-how-you-do-it kind of things.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 11-28-2004, 11:34 AM   #212
jims69camaro

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your back problem. As the not so proud owner of a herniated Disc myself, and a semi useless left Knee, I can empathize with you.
man, i wish all i has was a herniated disc. i won't go into detail, but after four operations to straighten things out i should be doing much better than i am. and the doc is talking about more surgery... blah.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 11-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #213
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Now, just wondering. Big Al had suggested the idea of a meeting of sorts, centered around this 'Average Guy's Car Show' project (see his thread at AGCS Meeting Dec 7th. So far, it seems like only he and I would be there, and I really don't think it's worth the effort for us to go through with this meeting, if only two of us involved with this project will be there.
I was planning on being there.....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #214
bencar

Okay, guess I was wrong. So what else is new with me? So, barring any unforeseen Blizzards, I'll be at Johnny Lightening's at 7:00 P.M. on December 7th. Won't be coming in a Jap Zero, but what I drive could be compared to a Chinese Junk

I think you've got the right approach to working in that Water Outlet project, and if I can, I'll drop you an E-Mail with some photos of the pre-assembly layout of what's involved, so as to give you a heads up on that idea.

Also good to hear that Tru-To-Chevy will be at this meeting too, this makes a party of four. Nice even number
Old 11-28-2004, 11:45 AM   #215
bencar

Quote:
Quote:
man, i wish all i has was a herniated disc. Â*i won't go into detail, but after four operations to straighten things out i should be doing much better than i am. Â*and the doc is talking about more surgery... blah.
Yuck to that surgery idea. My Orthopedist gave me two options, Therapy to get the pain level down, or surgery with a 20% chance of coming out in a Wheelchair, and staying in it for the rest of my life. I opted for the Therapy option
Old 11-28-2004, 12:39 PM   #216
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Also good to hear that Tru-To-Chevy will be at this meeting too, this makes a party of four. Nice even number
Sorry Ben, I won't be able to make it. I have to present group project in Business 101 that night (stupid class - don't understand what it has to do with a Network Engineering major....)

- Justin

Old 11-28-2004, 01:13 PM   #217
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Quote:
Sorry Ben, I won't be able to make it. I have to present group project in Business 101 that night (stupid class - don't understand what it has to do with a Network Engineering major....)

- Justin
Tell em to pound salt Oh well, if Jim, Nastro, and Big Al can make it, then we'll still have enough of a nucleus to make it productive. We'll miss you though, um, sort of
Old 11-28-2004, 08:27 PM   #218
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
We'll miss you though, um, sort of
Aww....I feel so loved :warm fuzzy feeling:

- Justin

Old 11-28-2004, 08:38 PM   #219
bencar

And you thought no one wuved you, garsh honest
Old 12-02-2004, 02:43 PM   #220
jims69camaro

can't you just feel the love? it's so thick, you could cut it with a knife. how about you two get a room?

ok, so it looks like it'll just be the three of us. which, is fine, as far as i am concerned. we'll probably get more accomplished.

ramsey's peugot? bueller? bueller? if nothing else, after the meet on the 7th i'll give them a call.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 12-02-2004, 09:57 PM   #221
bencar

Quote:
can't you just feel the love? Â*it's so think, you could cut it with a knife. Â*how about you two get a room?

ok, so it looks like it'll just be the three of us. Â*which, is fine, as far as i am concerned. Â*we'll probably get more accomplished.

ramsey's peugot? Â*bueller? Â*bueller? Â*if nothing else, after the meet on the 7th i'll give them a call.
Actually, I prefer FEMALE! The more females, the better Anyone have a few spares As in spare FEMALES.

Bueller You mean like in Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Hey, at least we'll be doing something concrete on this thing. I certainly don't want to see someone else beat us to the punch on this, because we procrastinated. I figure that enough things could go wrong if we move as quickly as we can on this thing, like for instance in our own lives, without us adding the extra 'boat anchor' of procrastination into the mix
Old 12-02-2004, 11:08 PM   #222
BlueFBird

this idea rocks im deffintly down for this plan count me in!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:21 PM   #223
bencar

Urine , I mean you are in
Old 12-09-2004, 09:39 AM   #224
jims69camaro

well, we are trudging along with this. i don't like procrastinating any more than the next guy (average guy?), but sometimes things have to be taken at a slower pace just to make sure we aren't making any mistakes by rushing them along just to get them done. i would never try to kill your enthusiasm, i think it can be contagious and good for this project. but i will try to temper it a little.

so, anyone interested in our progress, we had a meeting on the 7th of december, to discuss some of the finer points. face-to-face isn't always necessary, or possible, but once in a while it's nice to sit down and brainstorm.

here's the discussion.

onward...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 12-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #225
SpeakersGoBoom

Like I (think I) said before. Nastro crapped out. decided he didnt want to do it. I have another idea though, and it could get us actual television time. My old high school has time on like NJN i think. Not exactly sure how it works, because all we ever did was a crappy morning broadcast and some football highlights. they have a lot of equipmet tho (supposedly 200,000 dollars worth of crap donated by sony.) The moderator was always itching to do something big, but there was never any modivation from anyone but me (i maintained, updated, and pretty much ran the studio last year.) I'll put the idea before him, and see if hes up for it. There was also supposed to be a film club in montvale that wanted my school to join, but the principal decided he didnt want to join (why, i have no idea) anyway, there might be a way to get in contact with these guys in the club. I tried to get us in it, but without much info on them, I didnt have much to go on. I can make another push over the winter break. (dec 20th to jan 20th) Also, I think the school in my town has a tv studio. All of these highschools have TV studios around here, and most have time on public television, if they can come up with something worthy of airing. Doing something like this would be great PR for them, and if they understand that, there should be a line of prinipals out the door who want to help. just an idea.
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge