Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Squirrel moves into the 21st century

Just bought the droid 2 global.....
which apps and other stuff are the first things to get?
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Chances are you'll want a new launcher. I have Launcher Pro and love it, there are some other good ones out there as well. If you install a new launcher, delete all the widgets on your default launcher first - otherwise they'll consume power running in the background.

Clockr Evolution is a good text clock if you like that.

Go to Amazon.com and download their appstore - they give one paid app away for free everyday, some suck, others are good.

Classic Tetris is one of the better original style tetris games

Driver Diary is a great app to log mileage / maintenance (since MPG hasn't been ported over from iOS yet)

Along that same line, GasBuddy will show cheapest prices around

Not sure if DroidLight works with that phone, but it's the best flashlight app I found for my DX

If you want to root and install different roms, start reading here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-forum/ It's a great forum, and they have a dedicated app for viewing it as well.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Let's go e
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Tapatalk
Drag Racing
LauncherPro
Angry Birds
A flashlight app
Handscent
Ebuddy
Office to go
Google goggles (neat app but not super useful)
Barcode scanner

Just off the top of my head.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

I just got a blakcberry bold and I love it. The only thing that was holding me back from getting and android phone is the durabilty. I feel like the blackberry would be more durable if I drop it. I tend to abuse my phones so durabilty is a big factor when I buy a phone. Good luck with it
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
Cycule

Get a Iphone. Better in the long run. Androids keep changing and chances are your driod will be outdate in a year. Costumer Service for those phones suck too. I have friends that have Droids and are like F&*&, "man they came out with another android and I can't get a replacement for this one". Hear that alot. With the Iphone you Have Apple to provide service and they rock. Apple Makes awesome stuff dude.

*1986 Berlinetta Camaro 2.8L (Sold)
*1994 Z28 Camaro 5.7L LT-1 (Sold)
*1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L I6, 4" lift, headers.....ect.
*2011 Camaro SS/RS 6 speed LS3 SLP loudmouth 1
Cycule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

First off, the OP stated that he already purchased his Droid and he's looking for suggestions on what apps to get - not what phone he should buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
I just got a blakcberry bold and I love it. The only thing that was holding me back from getting and android phone is the durabilty. I feel like the blackberry would be more durable if I drop it. I tend to abuse my phones so durabilty is a big factor when I buy a phone. Good luck with it
Meh....I've had more friends / coworkers with blackberry trouble (whether it's software related or physical issues with the phone) than problems with Android phones. I abuse the hell out of my Droid X (including allowing my 3.5 year old and 15 month old play with it) and it still looks brand new. No screen protector, no case. Glad you're happy with your BB though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycule View Post
Get a Iphone. Better in the long run. Androids keep changing and chances are your driod will be outdate in a year. Costumer Service for those phones suck too. I have friends that have Droids and are like F&*&, "man they came out with another android and I can't get a replacement for this one". Hear that alot. With the Iphone you Have Apple to provide service and they rock. Apple Makes awesome stuff dude.
Iphone is fine for someone who wants their phone experience controlled completely by steve jobs, and it's not a bad phone overall. For those who would like to use their phone the way they want, android all the way. As far as outdated phones go - Apple has released a new iPhone every summer since 2007, while sprinkling in updates to capacity and color in between. iPhone users are typically locked into the same contracts as Android phone users, so what's the difference? Android gives you more phone choice so at least you'll have more say in what you are stuck with for a year or two.

Exactly which companies are you talking about that provide poor Android customer service? Google owns the OS, over 30 companies worldwide sell phones that run the Android OS, and they are sold to customers of every major cell phone carrier in this country.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge