Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 02-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
JerzLT1

anyone wanna post up some custom gauge setups. im probably gonna have like 3 or 4 custom gauges in my car and not sure if i wanna do a pillar gauge pod. Fuel Pressure, A/F Ratio, N20 Pressure, and Trans Temp. im lookin for 4th Gen camaro only

oh and is there a real advantage to going for autometer over cyberdine or any other brand?
Old 02-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

If you aren't going to a wideband O2 setup, skip the A/F gauge. It's really just a light show- it shows the voltage passing over your O2 sensor.

I would go for a 3 gauge pillar setup in a 4th gen.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
JerzLT1

im going to do a wide band O2. i want to be able to properly monitor everything thats going on with my engine. there also arent any 3 pillar gauge pods for my car. 96 Camaro with T-Tops
Old 02-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Formula View Post
im going to do a wide band O2. i want to be able to properly monitor everything thats going on with my engine. there also arent any 3 pillar gauge pods for my car. 96 Camaro with T-Tops
yes there are, i had one on my 99, sold it to noah........autometer made mine, there are several on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...spagenameZWDVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC

Last edited by Mike; 02-23-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Heres a few I've come across over the years that cought my attention for one reason or another.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
JerzLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
Heres a few I've come across over the years that cought my attention for one reason or another.

i like this one alot. i was hoping youd chime in alex i know you look around alot for custom interior and exterior ideas. im thinking Nitrous pressure, Trans Temp, and maybe Oil Pressure there and A/F Ratio and Fuel Pressure as a pillar. keep em comin guys im still lookin for some original ideas. no full clusters please lol
Old 02-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
i like this one alot. i was hoping youd chime in alex i know you look around alot for custom interior and exterior ideas. im thinking Nitrous pressure, Trans Temp, and maybe Oil Pressure there and A/F Ratio and Fuel Pressure as a pillar. keep em comin guys im still lookin for some original ideas. no full clusters please lol
RK Sport USED to make that as a kit long ago, but I have come across people using switch panels from Convertibles, or simply making them from that black plastic, and putting it in the "Cubby" hole. I was planning on going with one of those for my cut-out switch, and a mount for my I pod, since I don't see myself ever needing excess gages. (I plan on running two mechanical gages behind the cowl for oil pressure & fuel pressure)

Last edited by ar0ck; 02-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
Mike
BadMod

i have a large sheet of black abs plastic that i used to make my radio delete, ill take a pic later today...

i plan on putting my fan and linelock switches and shiftlight in it

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
JerzLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
i have a large sheet of black abs plastic that i used to make my radio delete, ill take a pic later today...

i plan on putting my fan and linelock switches and shiftlight in it
cool thanks mike, whered you get it?
Old 02-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
Mike
BadMod

some place online. if you want some i can cut a piece for you i have a 2x4 sheet

Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #11
97slpss

i have a dual pillar pod with an aeroforce scan gauge and a 10$ volt meter( to fill up the space for now) Ill get some pics for you
Old 02-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
oh one ls1 SS

Quote:
thats a good spot for them but are you going to be able to see them as good as you would be able to if it was mounted on the pillar?
Charter Member of the Spin `Em Club
01 SS -sold and misssed-
06 R6 -sold and DEEPLY missed-
02 WS6 -time for your punishment-
08 R6 -
oh one ls1 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #13
JerzLT1

i think N2O pressure is staying on the bottle at this point and fuel pressure and eventually a wideband o2 gauge will go on the pillar. Trans temp may go in the center console cause thats not something that has to be monitored during a run. another option at someone mentioned to me was putting a firebird dash in the car and mounting the gauges in the vents which im very much considering.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #14
Mike
BadMod

ima take the picks in 5 minutes, have them posted in the next half hour

Quote:
Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
JohnG

here's my 69's interior (they don't make a console-model shifter for the 1st Gen's, like they do for the 2nd Gen's, so it was a bit of work to make the Hurst V-Matic look somewhat decent in the factory console) :

in-dash gauges :

Last edited by JohnG; 03-03-2008 at 10:09 PM.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #16
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

The center cosole pod that RKsports sold was actually made by a company called Camparo design, that is no longer in business. You can find them on E-bay sometimes but they aren't cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh one ls1 SS View Post
thats a good spot for them but are you going to be able to see them as good as you would be able to if it was mounted on the pillar?

I have oil pressure and oil temp in the console pod, Fuel pressure amd boost on the pillar pod. My solution is to also use a warning light for oil pressure ( mounted on the dash next to my shift light).

http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorieslist.aspx?pid=6
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance