Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
2kblackgtp

boiler black seal holders come in

I am going for my high pressure boiler black seal. My job has 2 clayton 100 hp firetube boilers run together. The management at my place are all for it, but the stationary engineer I work with not so much. I mentioned to him a few months ago that I wanted to go for it, he tried to steer me towards electrical instead(he is very protective over the fact he is one of the only people in the company with certifications).

I ended up finding a school that prepares you for your black seal over 2 months, and started today. The stationary engineer got wind of it and started blowing a fit and screaming about how he was going to report me to the state because I don't have 90 days experience in the boiler room. According to the information I read, if you have over 100 hp through a high pressure boiler(I have 200 overall since the're run together), you only need to be part of the company for 90 days, not necessarily working directly in the boiler room. Do I have anything to worry about? I would have happily spent 90 days in the boiler room working with him if he hadn't have tried to push me away from the idea
Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
btownws6

no you are fine i have my low pressure black seal and i had no experience what so ever. All you are going to need is a certified engineer sign off on your new license. i went through Boilertraining.com they are a certified school and you go once a week and then take the state test. so dont worry he's just going to try and scare you because they don't like it when new people come into to picture. they do require sit it time though but you cant get in trouble if someone signs off on you.
btownws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
2kblackgtp

I'm actually in the class that boilertraining has. Rich is the guys name, seems like its gonna be interesting but ALOT of math for me. Thanks man, I was getting very paranoid about that stuff
Old 01-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
69RSZ

anyone know if anybody is hireing any black seal qualifed people?I have a friend that is looking for a job and he holds a black seal. PM me or email me if you know anyone looking.Thanks Ron.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge