Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Geezer powered

inspection

Where are you guys getting stickers that are running ORP's? Its inspection time for me and I know it will not pass the visual, I know they check b/c the nj stations have cameras under the cars. Guess I'm looking for a private place. Guess one option is apply for inspection exemption, you get a triangle sticker and are limited to 3k miles I believe which is fine seeing I've gone not even that in 4yrs
Geezer powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Its illegal to pass a car without "test pipes" Not too sure how much help someone can give you on here.

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
stoney2677

This was years ago keep in mind. I got my triangle sticker from the dmv in Rahway. They checked nothing except the operation of the od. I drove around until it went up 1 mile. I drove to the exit of inspection, he wrote the mileage down, when I came back he looked at the od and applied the sticker. Not sure if things have changed.
stoney2677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
omarcamaro
12 Second Club

it changed I lost mine when I took car off road for a while they want a lot of info to get the triangle

67 Camaro RS
70 Camaro RS
95 Camaro Z28
omarcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #5
Dudbird113

Private garage
Old 06-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Very hard to get a shop that does not know you personally to give you a sticker. The state sends setup cars to shops and a loss of license is too expensive to gamble.

They don't give out collectors registrations easily anymore either. Is your car anything special? Does it get limited miles?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #7
Geezer powered

Going by some private shops today.... Collector cars requires more leg work then a few yrs ago.. I'll have to did deep and see how many 94z28's were made in my option combo.. It's def limited mi use as I think I've put maybe 3k in 4yrs. They allow 3k a yr w/ collector car..
Might just be easier to throw two cats on there and go to dmv for free then pay a private 200, I'll be in the same boat 2yrs from now...
Geezer powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer powered View Post
Going by some private shops today.... Collector cars requires more leg work then a few yrs ago.. I'll have to did deep and see how many 94z28's were made in my option combo.. It's def limited mi use as I think I've put maybe 3k in 4yrs. They allow 3k a yr w/ collector car..
Might just be easier to throw two cats on there and go to dmv for free then pay a private 200, I'll be in the same boat 2yrs from now...
The state came down on private shops a little while ago and most places won't give a regular person off the street an easy sticker. Now the state sends "trap cars" and so forth so it's really risky for the shop.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #9
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
The state came down on private shops a little while ago and most places won't give a regular person off the street an easy sticker. Now the state sends "trap cars" and so forth so it's really risky for the shop.
they have been sending setup cars for over 20 years or more!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #10
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
they have been sending setup cars for over 20 years or more!
Well, there you go!

I was going by what I was told by a place in Lambertville and another in Clinton. Never worked at a shop so I wouldn't know!
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #11
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer powered View Post
..... Might just be easier to throw two cats on there and go to dmv for free then pay a private 200, I'll be in the same boat 2yrs from now...
cat efficiency has improved enough that you wont notice much of a power loss at your level. And to fly through inspection outweighs this every 2 years.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #12
rockbox

It took me about 2 or 3 months to get my collectors registration. I wouldn't say it was hard, just required a little bit of effort and some leg work - and waiting, of course.

rockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #13
Fast92RS
Power Member

I had collector registration on my old Camaro. I got it when it was real easy to get and then was grandfathered in because I kept renewing it. I wonder if I can get it on my ZL1. I'm going to have to read the requirements again.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech