Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Rides > The Later Years 93-present

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
z28camaro94
13 sec club

My 94 Z28 Camaro

I bought the car last year on Sept 28th, my birthday. It was originally my dads car, he bought it back in '98 from a used car dealer. At that time it had 98k miles, when I bought it, it only had 124k on the clock. First thing we did to it was the exhaust. Went with Pacesetter shorties, ceramic coated, high flow cat, and a Hooker Aerochamber catback. Car came with a K&N CAI already. Next came the ICM spacer mod, MSD Blaster coil, ported and descreened MAF, home made airfoil out of wood (dont laugh, it works and it was free, haha). Next after reading about the optis, we decided to upgrade to a vented opti setup. So got the new opti, new timing cover, new timing set, new high flow w/p, and an underdrive crank pulley. We drove that set up for a while. Next my dad Bought a set of Comp 1.6 roller tips and the springs, retainers, and locks to go with it. We pulled the intake, portmatched the intake and heads to the gasket. Just slightly, nothing to crazy. Took it for a race down at Cecil County, MD and ended losing 2nd and 4th on the stock tranny. Nursed it back home to delaware county. Sat in the garage for bout a year while my dad rebuilt the trans. That was back in '03. At the time we rebuilt it with the best stuff we could get. Beast sunshell, 5 pinion planetary sets, Alto wide red band, corvette servo, we left in the stock shift plate due to the upgraded servo. Went with a TCI 2500 stall converter. I couldnt convince him to go any higher and it wasnt my money being spent, or else i woulda went with a 3200 or a 3600. After about a day of driving, we found out the hard way that he didnt install the 2nd gear band correctly, and burnt through it in no time. So back out came the tranny for another rebuild.

After that I went off to college. The car never saw the strip again with the new tranny, until I bought it off him. When he bought it, he paid $4500 for it. When I bought it, I paid $3750. Wow my own dad ripped me off. Well maybe not, the car was garaged kept the whole time he had it, is as clean as it was brand new, cept for the tear in the driver seat that we all have.

After I bought it, I swapped out the aerochamber for a magnaflow. Never liked the sound of the aerochamber. Next I upgraded the brakes to the LS1's all the way around. And thats it. Unfortunately I dont have a garage to keep it in, as I live in a condo. My neighbors hate when I work on it out front of my house. They want me to take it to someone to have it worked on. Well to bad, I know how to do the work so Im gonna do it. It saw its first ever snow back in Oct. when we had that weird snow. Other than that, I havent really done much. Other that the stupid little things that Ive posted up here about.

Here she is:

Shiny Tips!!!

My son getting ready for when its his!! haha

He said, "Daddy I wana race like you!!"

Thanks everyone for the support so far. I hope I can help all of you like you have helped me!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Dudbird113

Nice maro, always like that color green, wish my ta was that color.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
rickyd13

any future plans
rickyd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
z28camaro94
13 sec club

Always thinking about whats in the future. The near future, Id say, finish getting all the stupid lil things that bug me fixed. Next summer I will be painting it. All the black(headlight buckets, sail panel, side mirrors, door handles) will be painted Mercedes Black Diamond Metallic. The body Im going with a factory Ford color, paint code FY. Yea I know, why a ford color. Its the same color green thats already on the car, well as close as I could find, so I dont have to do the jambs. But instead of the sliver metallic, it will have a copper metallic coming up through the green. I am still undecided on what to do with the berger panel. Im thinking either copper letters or do the panel in the black diamond metallic and leave the letters green. And def some rims. Im looking at either some Y2Ks, Z06s, or iForged Aeros.

More in the distant future, planning on the entire suspension(possible back half with 4 link and connect the subframes with real rails, maybe not back half but sent up with a 4 link), s60 rear(gear set undecided), forged and boosted LT1(either 355 or 383), level 2 or 3 Performabuilt 4l60E, try to run 9.90's with full interior, 24x conversion, and what ever else I can think of. Maybe get brave and put a Dick Harrel wide body on it, I think if done right itll look awesome. But that will all take at least 10 or more years to complete. I do plan on saving at least 8k and do a whole bunch of stuff. Like the suspension and rear. Hopefully it wont take to long to save, but who knows.

Last edited by z28camaro94; 12-12-2012 at 05:46 PM.
z28camaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Rides > The Later Years 93-present