Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
WayFast84

Rowan?

Anyone go to Rowan? I Went up there in December and everything was pretty nice. I was wondering how your liked it? How are the professors? Does your adviser actually help you out? Any problems? Which campus did you like better?
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

I just graduated from Rowan. Their engineering program is excellent, and the staff is top notch. The professors really enjoy what they are teaching and practically live on campus. The class sizes were around 25 and you can always get one-on-one help. I cant really speak for the other majors, but if they are anything like the engineering program you will be better prepared for a career than most people that went to other schools. Rowan has a giant library and their on campus gym is great. The campus bookstore just partnered with Barns and Nobles so that is well run.

There is a college center about a mile away where you can get almost anything you need. Hops and Grapes is a giant and amazing liquer store there. There is one main bar (Landmark) which has great food and good drink specials throughout the week. Atco is about 35 minutes away, haha.

What you probably want to know is how is the partying....Rowan is wild and the party weekend is Thursday to Sunday. You can always find something going on if your bored. The student center also has events throughout the week, and sells discounted tickets to shows. AC also started cheap transit systems back and forth to Rowan.

As for the bad....Rowan campus is in the middle of a not so nice area in my opinion. If you're going to walk to partys at night, I suggest you go with a decent size group. The campus security is trying to step up their game. On campus housing is crap, but then again they just built a ton of new dorms. Once you get used to the campus you will realize that the school feels small compared to others, especially for the amount of people that go there. Forget about trying to find parking, and get ready to pay towing company's a fortune.
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

lulz @ glasboro being a bad neighborhood.... I will agree its the middle of no where and a dull area though.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
jts98z28

i dont go to rowan but my brothers both do as well as a few friends, from what ive heard the advisors suck the ****, but otherwise its nice
partying is pretty awesome i wouldnt say you need a group i walk back to my car by myself or with one person every time i go never a group, glassboro isnt a bad area at all imo ive lived a couple mins away for 15ish years i'd say it isnt any worse than pitman
jts98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
iMaMoN5Ta

Used to work there, used to be a nice area.. til the murder and robberies
Old 03-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
fmybody

My gf graduated from Rowan last year for psychology... She had no problems with advisors and I visited all the time ... There were two muggings while she was there but she never felt scared or anything and neither did I ... Matter of fact like 3 or 4 of my friends still go there.. So I would say it's pretty good. most schools are near urban areas so every once in a while there are problems.. It's gonna happen at some point
fmybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkEvil View Post
I just graduated from Rowan. Their engineering program is excellent, and the staff is top notch. The professors really enjoy what they are teaching and practically live on campus. The class sizes were around 25 and you can always get one-on-one help. I cant really speak for the other majors, but if they are anything like the engineering program you will be better prepared for a career than most people that went to other schools. Rowan has a giant library and their on campus gym is great. The campus bookstore just partnered with Barns and Nobles so that is well run.

There is a college center about a mile away where you can get almost anything you need. Hops and Grapes is a giant and amazing liquer store there. There is one main bar (Landmark) which has great food and good drink specials throughout the week. Atco is about 35 minutes away, haha.

What you probably want to know is how is the partying....Rowan is wild and the party weekend is Thursday to Sunday. You can always find something going on if your bored. The student center also has events throughout the week, and sells discounted tickets to shows. AC also started cheap transit systems back and forth to Rowan.

As for the bad....Rowan campus is in the middle of a not so nice area in my opinion. If you're going to walk to partys at night, I suggest you go with a decent size group. The campus security is trying to step up their game. On campus housing is crap, but then again they just built a ton of new dorms. Once you get used to the campus you will realize that the school feels small compared to others, especially for the amount of people that go there. Forget about trying to find parking, and get ready to pay towing company's a fortune.
Thanks a lot. Atco is pretty much the main reason why it's on the top of my list, that and they have a club hockey team I could probably make.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayFast84 View Post
Thanks a lot. Atco is pretty much the main reason why it's on the top of my list, that and they have a club hockey team I could probably make.
You have a car to race?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
You have a car to race?
Probably his bike.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #10
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
You have a car to race?
We will see what I come up with. I'm having a hard time finding what I want and I'm not touching the bird till I have the bike perfect..
Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #11
wretched73

Quote:
We will see what I come up with. I'm having a hard time finding what I want and I'm not touching the bird till I have the bike perfect..
You should probably worry about college first... Not your car that doesn't run..... Or your stunt bike....
1988 TRX 250R- Ported w/ high compression on 110 octane- Out 60' your LT1

Jersey Shore Street Car Takeover (JSSCT) Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
and once i get PHB, what do i ajust it too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Seven.
wretched73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #12
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched73 View Post
You should probably worry about college first... Not your car that doesn't run..... Or your stunt bike....

I have a stunt bike? news to me.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #13
Camvill

anything you need to know about rowan hit me up. My best friends on the club hockey team and i pretty much know everyone around campus.

CURRENT RIDE- 99 Z28 with Ground Effects Slp intake Exhaust and Short Throw shifter- best 1/4 -13.34@105.6 New mods yet to be tested->Pacestter long tubes--->Tune by TTP= 349 RWHP 362 Ftlbs
Camvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #14
WayFast84

Can you find out how many seniors are leaving the team?
Old 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #15
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

So you're going to school based on where the nearest racetrack is? That's pretty ****ing retarded.

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
NJ346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #16
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ346 View Post
So you're going to school based on where the nearest racetrack is? That's pretty ****ing retarded.
Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I asked about advisers and mentioned hockey... In my eyes Kean, Montclair and Rowan are equal. If I don't dorm its kean. If I decide its worth the money what's the tie breaker? Thanks for your concerns.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #17
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

First post was about education, which is all that should matter. Everything else is a perk.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #18
LTb1ow

Quote:
Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I asked about advisers and mentioned hockey... In my eyes Kean, Montclair and Rowan are equal. If I don't dorm its kean. If I decide its worth the money what's the tie breaker? Thanks for your concerns.
For what major?

Kean and Montclair are not engineering schools... which Rowan is...

I confused.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #19
WayFast84

<--- Education major

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey