Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
Mezzy

Looking for a 69 Camaro to build

I'm looking for a 69 Camaro to build. If anyone knows of one, pm me. Thanks.
1994. Z28 A4 Full exhaust including SLP Long tubes, 3" ORY pipe, 3 in cat back, CAI, chip, maf,BMR A Arms, Panhard rod, torque arm,. Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, transmission more, including street shift kit.
Mezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
KevinW

That is a tall order! you looking for a complete car and you just want to tweak it? or are you looking for a shell to build from the ground up? 69s are not cheap in NJ. and most "project" cars are knee deep in rust.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Mike
BadMod

Just 69?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
1320B4U

A pretty decent deal for something that can be driven on a trailer and into the garage w/a title. Needs outterr sheetmetal and flrs...worth a look.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3541092262.html
1320B4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
Mezzy

I know. I'm lookin for a shell. I want to do it my way. I don't care about the rust. I've worked in plenty of body shops and can do all phases of what it would take. I'm only looking for a shell preferably, but ill look at anything knowing how hard it'll be to find something decent. I plan to drop an LS engine in it. Want to go for the pro touring look. Been saving a while, its about time I get serious and begin a nationwide hunt for the right car. I'm just trying to use more eyes than my own. I was hoping someone may know of where one is. 69 is the only year I'm looking for. Otherwise, ill find one that's needs to be redone again, even if it means paying more than I want. For me, its about building what I've always wanted. The money isn't important. I can always make more of that, but the right car is what its all about.
1994. Z28 A4 Full exhaust including SLP Long tubes, 3" ORY pipe, 3 in cat back, CAI, chip, maf,BMR A Arms, Panhard rod, torque arm,. Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, transmission more, including street shift kit.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
Mezzy

Thanks. I'll be looking into that car.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

If you don't already own one, buy a spot rot from Eastwood or a place like that. Absolutely essential in your search.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320B4U View Post
A pretty decent deal for something that can be driven on a trailer and into the garage w/a title. Needs outterr sheetmetal and flrs...worth a look.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3541092262.html
If that car is worth $5000 my 67 is worth $8500 or more. And if you show up with that much cash I'd listen.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
1320B4U

I haven't seen a 69 w/4 wheels on the ground and the subframe attached for that price...and i look a lot, thru hemmings, etc. Theres also a '67-68 in the Pine Island section(hudson valley on c/l) thats been there for awhile but again thats a '67-68....but i'd show up w/green and neg a better price regardless.
1320B4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
zraffz

Their was a 68 on craigslist for months when I bought mine. I figured it was a roach for $5,000. well some guy came and picked up a trans from me trailering that same car... he got it for $3,500 and with the exception of needing floor pans it was a damn solid car. They are out there cheap if you look all the time. Take mine for example. $6,200 or 6,300 and solid foundation with a 12 second powertrain.
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #11
Mezzy

I was hoping to pick up something for under 5k but I don't see it at the moment.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #12
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

If you see something for under 5k I would be very, very skeptical of it's true condition. There is a remote outside chance that you will find one of the 10 or so people who owns one who has not seen Barrett-Jackson or has lived under a rock for the past 15 years, but don't count on it.

That's what you get for $2200. Looked fine, needed every panel but the roof.

I'd keep in mind that what can be involved is not typical bodywork stuff like hanging fenders, doors, and floor pans. If you have to replace inner wheelhouses, a full quarter, full trunk, or frame rails you had better know what you are doing.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Mezzy

Hear ya. Gotta be skeptical these days.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzy View Post
I was hoping to pick up something for under 5k but I don't see it at the moment.
save your money. that is not enough unless you get really really really lucky.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
zraffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
save your money. that is not enough unless you get really really really lucky.
$6200 got me a car with a fiberglass front end (individual panels), new rear quarter skins and relatively solid floors. I figure flipping my motor and trans would get me under that $5,000 mark but plans changed to use it for a buggy

As stated, a quick glimpse at the other super cheap one I saw made me think he got a hell of a deal but who knows for sure.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraffz View Post
$6200 got me a car with a fiberglass front end (individual panels), new rear quarter skins and relatively solid floors. I figure flipping my motor and trans would get me under that $5,000 mark but plans changed to use it for a buggy

As stated, a quick glimpse at the other super cheap one I saw made me think he got a hell of a deal but who knows for sure.
I just looked again, your floors are a huge bonus. The fiberglass front end, fuel cell (is the trunk pan cut up?) and cage are negatives in value, but in your case it was luckily on target. And I don’t think you were getting $1200+ for that motor in trans unless your luck continued lol, so don’t feel too bad about that plan change. Still a really nice buy for what you really wanted!

If that is good at $6,200 I’ll sell mine for $8,500.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
zraffz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
And I don’t think you were getting $1200+ for that motor in trans unless your luck continued lol, so don’t feel too bad about that plan change.
Well to be completely honest, something like a fiberglass front end and hack up trunk to fit a fuel cell might not be appealing to most people but it fits the direction I wanted to go with my car so I don't see it as a negative. I do wish the interior was a little more complete but at the same time it gave me a better look at the overall condition without carpets/panels.

Jumping off topic for a second, I wouldn't be selling the motor that is in it now anyway. I figure since I have the 10 point cage, the motor, and a truck rolling chassis I can build a fun buggy lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
Mezzy

I'll keep save.g those duckets,I guess

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey