Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 06-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
WayFast84

North edison body shops?

any one know of some good body shops in edison? I need a shop thats decently priced, has great customer service and is good at spot painting and matching color perfect.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
SSport

I can't recommend you a good one but I will tell ya' to stay away from Ultimate Collision on Rt. 1 (next to Home Depot) They usually do more damage than fixing anything, very over priced, and take forever.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Untamed

This is a serious post, not a crack at you.

I believe in an earlier thread you mentioned something about learning body work. This is an opportunity for you to pick up a small can of bondo (with the hardener included in a small tube) and practice filling in dents. You still have many years before you can drive your car. This is a chance to pick up relatively inexpensive materials yourself, from any auto place, and practice cleaning, scoring, mixing, applying, smoothing and sanding the stuff yourself. Then, you can practice color matching and spot painting your own car. Once you have the final product, evaluate your success, learn from the mistakes, then eventually have the professionals do it (assuming your attempts aren't as good).

Take your time. You have the advantage of having a community of knowledable people who can post suggestions while you try things out. When you get older, there will be many more responsibilities that take a lot of your time, that will prevent you from trying new things. Take advantage of the time now.

Thus endeth the lesson.

Beyond that, I can't offer any suggestions for body shops near Edison, sorry. The one I used in the past was Kenilworth Auto Body and they did a great job.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
WayFast84

I was thinking about getting a air compressor and a spray gun and working on it.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #5
Untamed

Well before you buy a compressor and painting equipment - borrow it or rent it. Try it out first. Offer to buy lunch for one or more of the people who have the equipment and are willing to drive out to your place and help you test some things. Might be a fun afternoon.

Spending hundreds on equipment that you may not use again is foolish.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey