Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

East Coast F-Body Nationals!!!!!

hey gang,
we made an announcement at teh meet saturday night, so i thought i woudl let the rest of you in on it.
friday night when tru2chevy, little g, and i went to teh track i had a chance to talk to the management of island dragway about getting something together for next summer.
they are very enthusiastic about the idea and anxious to work with us. we are going to work on getting some good ideas of a mid sumemr date to talk to teh track about first, hopefully sometime around early august(our anniversary will be august 10th).
we have nothign set in stone yet, but i can promise that every effort will be made to get a memorable event together.
i am gonna pull out teh old bag of tricks that i used in the past and a few i have added since the good ol' days.
the concept is simple: bracket racing + car show + dyno + vendors +fun runs + prizes and giveaways = a grand old time.

i will post more a more detailed thread as things get set.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:14 PM   #2
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Sounds kewl, hopefully it will happen ..... Be cool to have a grand ol' time without all the import crap overrunning the track.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:18 PM   #3
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

I personally say we skip the car show if its done at island...i just know of a lot of people that wont bring their precious fbodies their because of the roads it sits off of. JMO. Besides I was at the first ECFBN and the show wasnt nearly as good as we had hoped for and it was kinda lame giving prizes to people when there were only like a couple cars in the 1st & 2nd gen categories. Maybe it'll be better this time around but i severely doubt it and just say you put the prizes toward racing and possibly longest drive & whatever.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:07 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

so jersey, you gonna be ready to run me? hehe

hey gang,
i wanted to pass the drag clases by everyoen and see what you think. i am thinking of an all bracket format with a fun run/grudge lane as well.
all classes will be no electronics, foot brake style racing. no trans brakes or timing devices allowed in the car. no minimum/maximum weightr or tire size limits in any class. cars shoudl be "presentable" ie: nuthin falling off them and something resembling paint. all cars msut be equiped in accordance with NHRA safety rules for the et and speeds they will run. all participants must wear a helmet during the entire run as well, no passengers allowed. we also ask that you have a "full" appearing interior. that is to say carpet and 2 front seats(basically don't tin the thing) all classes will run on a .500 sportsman type tree

class 1: 6cyl bracket: open to any 6cyl equiped vehicle. no limit on tire type or size.

class 2: true radial: open to all cars competing on regular street type radial tire. no drag/autocross/ racing type radial tires will be allowed

class 3: drag radial: open to all cars competing on any radial type racing tire. no bias ply cheater slicks allowed

class 4: slick/cheater slick: open to all cars competing on any bias construction tire.

those are the basics. the rules will be narrowed and clarified as we go forward. so stay tuned.

i am also looking for suggestions for the car show. i would liek to see it spectator voted with 2 - 4 classes(we don't have a budget to support too many classes). in the past i used the simple format of seperating teh generations and having the spectators vote on the best car from each gen, the car with the most overall votes being declared the best of show. it seemed to work since it wasn't teh most original or most modded that won, it was teh car taht stood out teh best(ie: first year of teh east coast nats a dead stock/pure survivor 89 formula won, second year a radically modded 99 or 00 t/a with wild paint and a blower won)

what do you guys think?

later
tim

Old 09-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #5
j0n

i can't wait...when are we shootin for? spring or fall? if we're shootin for fall i'll be in the 12s n/a 8)

and i like the way you've set the rules...keeps the hardcore big-business racers out and leaves everything open to real f-bod enthusiasts
Old 09-28-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
skorpion317

w00t for the 6-cyl class!
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:32 PM   #7
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
i can't wait...when are we shootin for? spring or fall? if we're shootin for fall i'll be in the 12s n/a 8)

and i like the way you've set the rules...keeps the hardcore big-business racers out and leaves everything open to real f-bod enthusiasts
shooting for around anniversary time, so figure early-mid august. we think it is a good time of year since mostly everyone will be home from school or have vacations to take. hopefully it will make it easier for everyone to attend.
we aren't trying to keep out any big time racers. we jsut don't really have the budget to throw up a prize to properly attract a heads up or big tiem electronics class. maybe in a few years we can add one.

later
tim

Old 09-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
j0n

in that case i will be in the 12s n/a
Old 09-29-2004, 08:40 AM   #9
twiztidz28

sounds like a plan. count on me being there along with all the fbodies i flyer this saturday at the last cruise of the year in lynehurst at the whiskey cafe.

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:16 PM   #10
V
Stalker

i'd say you should have an unlimted class, (non-tubbed), but my car won't be ready for that till spring of '06 so nevermind. but for summer of '06 i'll be looking for it.

and maybe give a seperate award for the fastest 6spd and fastest auto... hey, its an idea...
V is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge