Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
wcamarors1992

new car, some questions.

I recently bought another Camaro after having my old one totaled back in July(92 Camaro). Its a 1997 SS with a few minor problems.

First of all it needs front struts and tires. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to take it to? The car has new vette rims that I don't want scratched. I live in North Plainfield, somerset county, any place near there would be great. Thanks in advance.

Heres a picture of it. It needs to be detailed...

Last edited by wcamarors1992; 08-20-2007 at 11:39 PM.
wcamarors1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
Blackwizard222

Sweet car man. Make sure you take it to a shop that knows how to handle chrome wheels. Some run of the mill shops like an STS have machines meant for taking tires off of steel rims which can damage chrome wheels. Theres a place by me that does good work but it would be a bit of a drive for ya. The guy that owns it is cool as hell though and he'll hook you up with nice tires and struts for a good price.

American Tire on Quakerbridge road in hamilton nj 08619

Btw you should throw a coat of wax on those wheels after u get the new tires, itll prevent rust from forming and will help keep the brake dust from sticking.
-CNC ported LS6 heads, PAC Springs, HPE-C cam, SLP Under-drive pulley, 160 stat, Harland Sharp Rocker arms, Volant CAI, MSD Wires, Ported TB and Stage 2 Intake by Jeremy Formato, ARH 1 7/8 Long tubes and high flow cats, MagnaFlow CatBack, GMM race shifter, Pedders street 1 bushings, Textralia OZ700 clutch, Gforce Halfshafts
455RWHP/411RWTQ
Blackwizard222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
BonzoHansen
Admin.

FWIW, I've never been in an STS that did not have a proper clamp style rim machine. And I've been in a lot of them.

Sorry, I don't know any shops up there in Plainfield.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 08-21-2007 at 07:15 AM.
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
WayFast84

I went to glenns automotive in plainfeild, I wouldnt suggest them, they half assed it, but I passed their inspection.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey