Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 06-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
rgaynor85

Question Any opinions on Woodbridge auto body in Rahway??

i got into an accident on weds last week. i got rearended at a red light and pushed into someone else. Geico is gonna fix my car is the closest shop to me which is Woodbridge auto body in rahway. the work they say is garunteed sense its one of there gieco express shops or sumthin like that. ive never heard any bad things about them before anyone have any opinions on them or heard anything about them
rgaynor85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
rgaynor85

come on anyone?? someone has had to have used them or heard of somethin from them
Old 06-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Sorry man - never heard a thing about them...

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Sorry man - never heard a thing about them...

- Justin
ditto
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
V
Stalker

thats sorta one reason ill never get geico. i wanna be the one to decide where my car gets fixed.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
rgaynor85

no i had the choice, they would have wrote me a check that day after the accident, and then i could go wherever i choose, but they said if i dont wanna deal with it they have "express" gieco shops so all i do is drop it off and they fix it and the works garunteed thru them. i chose the let them do it sense its garunteed thru geico to be done right and the fact that itll be in the shop this saturday no questions asked. so far geico has been amazing with service , on top of the cheapest price i could find. woodbridge auto body was a name i had heard before, ive never heard anything bad about them and there only 2 mins from my house. they are a large place so im gonna assume and pray they do nice work. its mostly just some painting bumpers work anyway not a big deal as long as they can lay paint correctly

Last edited by rgaynor85; 06-07-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #7
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

What kind of guarantee does Geico offer?

That's important to know, because the Macco $150 paint jobs are guaranteed too....

- Justin

Old 06-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
rgaynor85

hmm, the claims adjuster i talked to said all the work is garunteed to be done correctly where if i go somewhre on my own its my responsibilty if somethin doesnt come out right. maybe ill call and ask.

and what is the garuntee macco has so i know kinda if im being screwed around. for crap work
Old 06-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #9
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgaynor85
hmm, the claims adjuster i talked to said all the work is garunteed to be done correctly where if i go somewhre on my own its my responsibilty if somethin doesnt come out right. maybe ill call and ask.

and what is the garuntee macco has so i know kinda if im being screwed around. for crap work
On their cheap jobs I think they guarantee that it won't crack or peel for 3 months. I think their high-dollar jobs are guaranteed for a year....

- Justin

Old 06-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
rgaynor85

ok so what should i be lookin for as far as a good garuntee for a good lookin paintjob, and what kinda things should i looks for to know they did a good job.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #11
rgaynor85

well i dropped off my car today at the body shop and i talked to them a bit about whats hapenein and the warrenty, they seen very knowledgable about gettin the paint right and blending and everything like they should. and the warrenty is for as long as i own the car. its thru the body shop and thru gieco. so i think im set. he said they will compound and detail the whole car when there done also so im gettin everything done i wanted and more. ill let u know how it comes out i should have it in about 1-1.5 weeks
Old 06-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #12
Zero4488
Banned

Go to Heavenly Bodywork on Rahway Ave. in Woodbridge....so much better work....
Zero4488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #13
jola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4488
Go to Heavenly Bodywork on Rahway Ave. in Woodbridge....so much better work....
i was just going to mention that. i've never had body work done, but i've heard only good things about heavenly. might be too late now though...

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #14
rgaynor85

yup to late, im not worried i think they are gonna do a good job, but i have heard good things for heavenly also
Old 06-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #15
jola

cool, let us know how the place in rahway works out for ya.

95 3.4L Firebird
Old 06-12-2006, 10:44 AM   #16
rgaynor85

will do
Old 06-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #17
rgaynor85

WELL.. i went to pick up my car today from the woodbridge auto body, my recomendation dont ever go there and tell anyone you know not to go there. the pant didnt look bad BUT i had to have found like 13 bubbles poppin thru, 1 spot was wrinkled, the crack/splinter lines from the accident were stil some there in the front and my quater have little pin hole divits wherre they fixed the dent and painted. there was only rough spots on other parts of the body they said were over spray and they would compound off for me. needless to say i didnt take the car and they are gonna fix it so its right, i HOPE they get it right. if they **** up again im tellin them i wantthe money and im takin to to either heavinly or LEE's auto body. but i still got my warrenty so they have to fix it if i dont like it lol.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:42 PM   #18
jola

wow, that sucks! i hope they do it right this time like they should have the first time. were they at least nice to you while you were telling them to do it again? lol

95 3.4L Firebird
Old 06-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #19
rgaynor85

yeah the guy was very polite and said ok dont worry dont take the car and ill talk to them monday and noted everythng that i found
Old 06-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #20
WayFast84

i got maaco paint, its guarennteed for 3 or 4 years. I really dont care and I hope it gets ****ed up. and 150 is a deal on a paint job no matter how long it last's, id get a 150 paint job for my moms car if she didnt need like tons of other stuff. If any one goes to maaco of garwood let me know I have a coupon thing that if I refer you I get fo bucks ill split the money with yah, cause Im such a nice guy.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #21
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

i went to robert christopher (aka strictly corvettes in hamilton) his guarentee is flat out if im not happy with the paint they will fix it even in 5 years from now if it cracks peels or what not ill take it back and they will re do it... when i picked up my car the first time i found on dust nib inside the door and 2 swirl marks from the rotary buffer on the gfx which they fixed right away and the owner apologized like 50 times and told me how embarrassed he was it came out of the shop like that plus gave me a free ride home in his 71 big block vette cuz my dad dropped me off to pick it up went back the next day and it was all fixed cleaned and he painted my side trim peices for free because he thought they would look better painted then the black plastic

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #22
rgaynor85

that sounds good pretty good, well ill let ya all know what happens from here on out, my father(scary guy who gets things done) is callin today to take care of it hopefully so ill find out tonite what they say.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #23
rgaynor85

well, i just talked to my dad who is the friggin man for gettin **** done, i hope im good like he is one day with talkin to people. anyway:

he got the owner of woodbridge auto body on the phone and went down my list of **** which was 1 page long of mess ups, and told him he wanted it done so you would never know it was repainted like it should be. well the owner appologized and explained the problem although said it wasnt an excuse, apparently the place i went to was a branch they opened about 4 years ago appose the the actuall shop which has been for 30 years(the reason i figured they would do good work). he explained how this place has gotton mobbed with mexicans/hungarians that can not communicate with eachother or speak english and half of them have lied on the applications so hes having a hard time gettin good workers to do good work down there.

but,
he told my dad that he knows oldschool work and how the guys that have been doin a long time do a good job, so he went and inspected the car personally and seen everythin and agreed it was definatly unexceptable and had a talk with that shop. he then took the car to the main shop to have his (oldschool guys) who know what there doin those of who do stuff like porches and **** do the car over correctly and said i should have it back in a couple days. so ill let ya know how it comes out this time, and im hoping they live up to a 30 year name and ill know for next time go to the main shop not the branch.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #24
rgaynor85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayFast84
i got maaco paint, its guarennteed for 3 or 4 years. I really dont care and I hope it gets ****ed up. and 150 is a deal on a paint job no matter how long it last's, id get a 150 paint job for my moms car if she didnt need like tons of other stuff. If any one goes to maaco of garwood let me know I have a coupon thing that if I refer you I get fo bucks ill split the money with yah, cause Im such a nice guy.

150 bucks is good but, im guessing yur car has a very orange peel rough look to it, ive seen maicco jobs before, its good for 150 but i wouldnt want it on my show car u seen my car at the edison car show so u know its defiantly not a miaco kinda car
Old 06-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #25
WayFast84

ur cars hot just needs a hood. like i said for 150 its awsome but never get higher jobs then the cheapest their, they have the worst people skills and yelled at my mother.I could also go alonng my car and show all of the **** ups they did, but like I said maaco is good for the price, and the only reason why i didnt do the cheapest was cause I cared about the car and once again I get ****ed over by life..

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance