Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
9secfirebird

7:30 tonight, fudruckers in bridgewater...come one come all

hey all
i gotta meet tim at fudruckers in bridgewater at 730 tonight, just thought id extend the invitation

mike
Old 07-29-2005, 08:17 AM   #2
Untamed

Can't make it. Getting the family ready to ship them out to the midwest for 2 weeks. I can't pack fast enough....
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Nice to see nothing has changed in the "no show" department when someone calls for a get together. Whatta turnout...3 guys. And not one F body. At least Mike and Tim showed up!

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable
Nice to see nothing has changed in the "no show" department when someone calls for a get together. Â* Whatta turnout...3 guys. And not one F body. At least Mike and Tim showed up!
C'mon Bob - 3 hours notice is tough for some people.

Besides, I was home working on getting my F-body on the road

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
Untamed

Oops, didnt even see the date of Mikes post. It was yesterday. Definately couldnt make it yesterday because, 1) didnt read the post until today, and 2) wasnt even in Somerset county until after 8pm.

Yeah need more notice than 3 hours.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:20 AM   #6
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I was working

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #7
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy

Besides, I was home working on getting my F-body on the road Â*

- Justin
Riddle me this, J...does "some people" equal "all people?"

I've seen this trend waaaaaaaay too many times in the past. One of the most famous "cluster fooks" in my memory is of an F body guy calling for a weekend cruise to a rib joint. Got so much lip service it sounded like 800 bazillion peeps were gonna show up. Welp, maybe like 5 cars showed! And the real kicker was that the fat fook who called the cruise didn't show! And he got all pizzy when I got in his face about it! unstable bob thinks it is a load of crap that ricers can call for a meet w/o any time frame, and ya get a bunch of fart pipers showing up. An F body guy calls a meet, and ya get friggin' tumble weeds rollin' across the parking lot!

Old 07-29-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
BigAls87Z28

Change Fudds in Bridgewater to Little Wawa in Toms River
Change time to 7/29 at 1030pm
subtract Tim and yourself
and thats a big yes.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #9
BigAls87Z28

And on the topic of no one showing up
First off I probably would have went, but I dont check these boards all the time, so I dont know who, what, when, where people are meeting especialy if its a random meet.
No one calls anyone to see if they wanted to go and on top of it all, an instant call to rally up a bunch of people that have jobs and lives are much different then a bunch of ricers who mommy and daddy got them a Civic and a $500 gift card to Pep boys that have no job and arent doing anything but listening to rap muisc and playing video games all summer.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:21 AM   #10
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 07-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #11
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Quote:
Nice to see nothing has changed in the "no show" department when someone calls for a get together. Â* Whatta turnout...3 guys. And not one F body. At least Mike and Tim showed up!
Blah blah blah...... we have done fine in the past.... northern gathering do fine.

North > rest of jersey 8)
Old 07-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #12
Fasterthanyou

Quote:
Quote:

Besides, I was home working on getting my F-body on the road

- Justin
...blah blah blah... crap crap crap...
An F body guy calls a meet, and ya get friggin' tumble weeds rollin' across the parking lot!

Bob's got a point. We've got 531 members and only 3 showed up in the EVENING. How many of us are working at 7:30?
Now in my defense, 3 hours advance warning is crap (aka Koll... couldn't help myself). I had already planned to go out and eat and when I read this message it was already 7:30 and I was on my way over to meet my friend at the Tiger's Tail. Had I had a phone call, text message, or better warning I would have changed my plans.
Still, 531 members and 3 show up. That's pathetic .
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #13
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
Quote:
Quote:

- Justin
An F body guy calls a meet, and ya get friggin' tumble weeds rollin' across the parking lot! Â*

Bob's got a point. We've got 531 members and only 3 showed up in the EVENING. How many of us are working at 7:30?
Now in my defense, 3 hours advance warning is crap (aka Koll... couldn't help myself). I had already planned to go out and eat and when I read this message it was already 7:30 and I was on my way over to meet my friend at the Tiger's Tail. Had I had a phone call, text message, or better warning I would have changed my plans.
personally if i were a mod I would lock down the negativity in this thread...3 hrs notice posted on an internet site for a meet thats 30+miles away from 95% of the people on this board is hardly enough time to get anything more then 3 people together.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #14
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
Quote:
Quote:

- Justin
An F body guy calls a meet, and ya get friggin' tumble weeds rollin' across the parking lot! Â*

Not all of those 531 members check these boards 24/7, or even once a day. Some of them haven't ever checked the boards since the day after the joined. Still others do work, as I'm betting the mean age is pretty low (late teens early 20s) where they are in school and take night jobs (I realize it's summer, but that doesn't mean they automatically switch to days). Still others are in classes (like myself) and have things due.

There are some people who an hour notice is enough...I'm betting for the majority, and less than half a day's notice won't work.

On top of that, not everyone can afford to drive to Bridgewater...this isn't a central jersey site. Add to that this little meeting wasn't the only meeting last night (some people went to other car shows and the like).

My point? Your 531 members just went down to maybe 25 or so who possibly would or could have attended if given more notice.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:31 PM   #15
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

What is really amusing is how people will defend not going to something that is supposed to be a showing of a common interest and unity.

Was 3 hours short notice? Maybe. Are people expected to be on the boards 24/7? No. But the way I see it is this: a meet is a meet. People start blowing off the short notice ones, and other people blow off the long notice ones. The people that DO SHOW start to say "WTF? Why should I show up if nobody else gives a crap?" Then pretty soon you have an extict club like the faded out CJCFBO {or whatever the call letters were} that I was kinda a founding member of.

Just looking at the facts! But at least I got to meet Mike {nice dood!} and see Tim again, and have to listen to his jibber jabber about how AMCs suck...

Old 07-29-2005, 03:53 PM   #16
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
What is really amusing is how people will defend not going to something that is supposed to be a showing of a common interest and unity.

Was 3 hours short notice? Maybe. Are people expected to be on the boards 24/7? No. But the way I see it is this: a meet is a meet. People start blowing off the short notice ones, and other people blow off the long notice ones. The people that DO SHOW start to say "WTF? Why should I show up if nobody else gives a crap?" Then pretty soon you have an extict club like the faded out CJCFBO {or whatever the call letters were} that I was kinda a founding member of.

Just looking at the facts! But at least I got to meet Mike {nice dood!} and see Tim again, and have to listen to his jibber jabber about how AMCs suck...
bwhahahah what a hunk of crap...i didnt even see this thread until after 6:00pm & had already eaten...some of us have lives...im not gonna drive 35+ miles in rush hour traffic to show up at 8-8:30pm to see that everyones left. Give me a break...if you want a short notice meet call your 10 closest friends & have them show up...dont post on a site where 95% of its members are at least an hour away from something thats been posted 3 hrs before you want people to meet...remember only maybe 20 people even saw that post before the meet that night not everyone has no girlfriend or wife or no kids so dont go blaming that other 500 members for not showing with an internet post
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:46 PM   #17
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Please lock this..... it is silly.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:44 PM   #18
Fasterthanyou

Wow, people really are uptight. If me and Bob are the only 2 that think 3 out of 531 (or 3 out of 25 for ****OnWheels) is still rather pathetic then WTF is this, an internet only club. Let's just scrap all the meets if nobody wants to try and squeeze in these quick meets. What's next, "I can't make it because I can't afford the gas to drive to the next meet only to find out that I was the 3rd person"... jeez. Step out of the box and look at how all these excuses are flushing this club down the toilet! Face it, 3, even if it's Bridgewater, is rather pathetic. I'm sure there are plenty of people that could have made it but for whatever reason (maybe they don't like the other members and have formed clicks and sub clubs) they won't go even though they have nothing better to do and could pick up their spirits with a quick spur of the moment outing. It's not even a parking lot meet, it was at a damn restaurant for crying out loud. So it's not like the only reason you would be driving there is to talk to some car guys.
Mods, if you want to lock this than fine. I pity some of you for not showing more disapointment. At least there is some emotion in the club... even if it took an unstable guy to strike the nerve it shows that we're still alive.
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:03 PM   #19
enRo
13 Second Club

Didnt someone mention how this was the only site without any arguments?!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #20
ShitOnWheels

Eh, here's how I see it. Had this been planned a little more in advance, there would have been more of a turnout. I don't think there is cause to get all upity about one barely planned meet not having a turnout. A couple of the planned monthly meets have had poor turnout, and I have seen some complaining about it. That's to be expected. This wasn't planned with much notice, and people have lives beyond this club. To expect a stellar turnout is just silly (oh my lord, I'm sounded like James already), IMHO. Now, if there had been at least a day's notice, and the result was the same turnout, I'd completely agree that something is wrong.

Just for the hell of it, anyone know how many people actually saw this thread prior to the meeting time? Not a single person replied to the thread prior to the time. I guess I'm just not sure how you can expect anymore than a few random people for a meet suggested 3 hours in advance. (Yes, I keep bringing up the time frame because I think that's the biggest factor in the lack of turnout.)

I'm not trying to be negative or talk down to anyone...I'm sorry if it comes off that way. I don't think the thread should be locked just because of some negativity...I think that would add to whatever problems exist. Letting it die would be the best bet.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:53 AM   #21
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

I guess I owe this board an apology. I'm sorry that I said anything about the fact that no body showed up at Fudds. I shoulda known that a meet has to have more than 3 hours notice to be valid. It was pretty crass of me to suggest that people should show up at all. I guess I don't have a life...sure, I have a marriage, 2 jobs, a fixer up home, 2 rolling restorations, a kid I am a "Big Brother" to, and enough side work to last 20 years...but no life! Hell, if I had a life I wouldn't have been anywhere near Fudds with only 3 hours notice!
And since I'm coming clean, here is another mortal sin I committed: I ATE BEFORE I WENT TO FUDDS, TOO! Heaven help me, but I was going to eat again! This is a crime that should be punished by DEATH! I should be beheaded...nah...BURNED AT THE STAKE! Well, I guess a hot stake is better than a cold chop!
So, I offer my humblest, most sincere apology. And I am also going to try and live by the words of wisdom that a few of you Dad-like figures posted. I know the lot of you have bazillions and gadzillions years of life experiences, so I'm gonna make ya'll my Cyber Dads! And today I did live by your examples:

1. A buddy of mine called me at 7:00 and asked me if I wanted to cruise Somerville at 9:00. I yelled "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, PINHEAD? THAT IS ONLY 2 HOURS NOTICE! YOU GOTTA GIVE ME MORE NOTICE THAN THAT! GOTTA BE AT LEAST THREE HOURS AND ONE MINUTE'S NOTICE!!"
And then I slammed the phone down so hard I cracked the base!

2. Another buddy stopped by and asked me if I wanted to go grab a pizza. I told him to go F' himself, 'cause I already ate!

3. My Old Man told me to stop by for a few beers and to watch the ball game. Well, because of that he is no longer my Old Man! The NERVE of him to tell me to come over for a few beers when he should dayum well know I have beer in MY FRIDGE! And he also knows I have a friggin' TV that I can watch games on! Well, that's OK, cause I have all my "new" Dads here!

Well, I feel like a new man! I have a new philosophy to live by! The philosophy of the NJFBOA lounge! I guess I won't be needing the books I just picked up about the philosophy of Objectivism! Teach me, O F body gurus of life! Shape me! Mold me! But please don't ask me to do anything w/o more than three hours notice!

Faster Than You: I owe you a beer or three! Maybe next weekend? That is more than three hours notice, right?

Old 07-30-2005, 12:59 AM   #22
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

If the time was different and I had known a day before I prolly would have been there, ask Bill I love driving far for whatever. And also, with my jobs (valet parking and chinese food delivering) I always start at 4 or 5, and go until 9 for chinese and anywhere from 11 PM till 2 AM for valet. Once in a while on a weekend I might get a 11AM-6PM, but that's pretty rare. Gotta do what I gotta do... need money, love to drive, so I drive for money so I can at least like what I'm doing. I get my schedules for valet on wednesdays and chinese food that day, so if I am already working sorry but I'm not gonna back out an hour beforehand for a random meet I just found out about

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 07-30-2005, 01:06 AM   #23
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah
Â*And also, with my jobs (valet parking and chinese food delivering) I always start at 4 or 5, and go until 9 for chinese and anywhere from 11 PM till 2 AM for valet. Â*Once in a while on a weekend I might get a 11AM-6PM, but that's pretty rare. Â*Gotta do what I gotta do... need money, love to drive, so I drive for money so I can at least like what I'm doing. Â*I get my schedules for valet on wednesdays and chinese food that day, so if I am already working sorry but I'm not gonna back out an hour beforehand for a random meet I just found out about

Not being a wise ass or trying to change the subject, but what was/is the coolest car ya ever got to park? I would think you prolly have some interesting stories as a valet. Ya ever see the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off?" There is a killer part in that movie where some valets get a hold of a vintage Ferrari. Totally funny stuff!

Old 07-30-2005, 01:30 AM   #24
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

haha... well it all depends on what your taste is (that was a general "your" ). I've had a crapload of benz, bmw, vw/audi... those porsche trucks (that cayenne turbo... DAYUM)... a bunch of vettes, and a couple times we've had z/28's (lt1 and ls1s... and a 3rd gen). A lot of ****** cars too. a lot of the time my luck sucks and I'll miss things like the porsche cars, the viper I missed tonight , a lambo, and uhh... i dunno what else. Oh, and I've had a 50's caddy and a couple of rolls royces... a bentley. The places I work at are more the german luxury car crowd, not really the american muscle crowd... f'in yuppies

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 07-30-2005, 01:42 AM   #25
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah
haha... well it all depends on what your taste is (that was a general "your" ). Â*I've had a crapload of benz, bmw, vw/audi... those porsche trucks (that cayenne turbo... DAYUM)... a bunch of vettes, and a couple times we've had z/28's (lt1 and ls1s... and a 3rd gen). Â*A lot of ****** cars too. a lot of the time my luck sucks and I'll miss things like the porsche cars, the viper I missed tonight Â* , a lambo, and uhh... i dunno what else. Â*Oh, and I've had a 50's caddy and a couple of rolls royces... a bentley. Â*The places I work at are more the german luxury car crowd, not really the american muscle crowd... f'in yuppies
Well, I have a custom grill badge on my AMX that consists of an upturned middle finger and the phrase "This is what I thing of your f'n BMW," so I guess that shows I ain't a big fan of Autobalm Eurotrash snob mobiles. But what the hey, I guess you could always "Bo and Luke Duke" 'em. lol

I won't say that the Porch Cayenne Turbo can't haul the mail, though. I was cruising down Rt 78 once on my way to work, and one of them blew past me like I was standing still! That mug was a surreal sight...all that mass moving so quickly. And it sounded pretty ominous, too! I wondered if it was an after market exhaust, or if they sound dat good right from the manf?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge