Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 01-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
Untamed

Possibly Moving

Hi all,

My wife and I are exploring areas of central NJ to move to from Hillsborough. We're at that stage where we need a 4 bedroom home, and Hillsborough is way too expensive to find one.

I've been looking at maps closer to the shore around the Matawan, Hazlet areas because of their proximity to the Parkway. Since I would need to commute hell and gone north Jersey, I need to stick close to major highways.

Anyone live in or around that area? What are the schools like? What is the commute like? Please try to keep your answers serious as this will help me focus the search.

Thanks!
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:57 PM   #2
Gloveperson

How about one of the Brunswicks? Anything in Somorset county will be expensive though.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
MonmouthCtyAntz

Matawan,hazlet, and Howell(parts) are reasonable for Monmouth Cty

AI HCR 241's , Lunati 223/236 .615/.626 114+2 , Full Exhaust , Ported Fast 92 , Ported LS2 TB , Veraram , 85mm MAF , Circle D 4000 , 3.42's , GTP 36# , CSP Dyno tune. More on the way
420 HP/367 TQ on a Unlocked Converter & still climbing.
MonmouthCtyAntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
88gtatransam

dont know what the prices are for houses... but south brunswick is ight... schools are pretty clean.. traffic is ok rt1 rt130 and the turnpike are all with in a 2-4 min drive depending on where you are in SB... anything eles you need just ask
later,joe
88gtatransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:54 PM   #5
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

you'd probably be better off just hopping over the border into PA. WAY cheaper.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #6
Untamed

Yeah thanks guys. We actually looked at PA and it is definately cheaper. That 1.5 hour commute is a killer though so we're not ready yet to get serious about PA.

Its looking more like a move to Washington / Hackettstown or the surrounding areas. Yep... might have to defect to the north.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

I graduated from Hackettstown High in 2001, while I was in it, i didnt appreciate how good the school is, however after I got out, i realized just what HHS provided that some other schools closer to cities didnt, like personal attention, the teachers were great.. It's changed a bit, tighter security issues and such, but I'm sure the curriculum hasnt changed much. Good luck! (and youll only be 10 mins from a track )
Old 02-17-2005, 03:11 AM   #8
BigAls87Z28

Jersey Shore schools are some of the best in the state, mostly in the Monmouth County area. Its really nice around this part, plenty of sports for kids to play and plenty of leagues and such.
My parents moved us down here cause there was so much more here then in Passaic. I live 5-10 mins from the beach, hr south of the City, hr away from Philly, and less then an hr from all the Shore points.
Problem with Monmouth is that its getting really popular and its becoming expensive to live in this county, and more people are pouring in with building going up all around.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #9
Koll
14 Second Club

I have to agree with the school at the Shore are good. I graduated from Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School last year. Very good school. Houses in rumson now are really expensive (hell, a lot, no house, down the street went for 600k a few months back). But you might want to try Fair-Haven or Little Silver
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #10
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Why not lookin into the Hamilton/Ewing/Bordentown/Lawrenceville area. Not too sure on prices of houses, but Schools are good and are near MANY highways. For example-Bordentown (where i live) you can catch RT130,Rt206, TurnPike, Rt 295,195,95....yep you can pretty much go any direction you want to without leavin town.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #11
Untamed

The problem is the commute. I work in Florham Park (near Morristown) making it a long commute from central jersey. Its already an hour from Hillsborough with traffic, so moving even further south will make it worse.

Gotta go north unfortunately. North and west is my best bet.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:23 PM   #12
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Oh ok...i thought you said gonna move TO central jersey....cause ya fold NJ in half and bordentown is in the middle...
Old 02-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #13
BigAls87Z28

Well then wtf are you asking in here for! 8)
Old 02-17-2005, 10:12 PM   #14
Untamed

Cause the decision about moving north wasnt made until recently. When I first started asking around, we were considering staying in central jersey - exploring places along the Parkway south of Sayreville. But... not anymore.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey