Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Rides > The Early Years 67-92

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
camarocrazy42

my dads 1990 camaro...

In the year 1990 my dad was stationed in germany in the army. he saw the 1990 camaro and bought one on mail order. It was a factory 5 speed, black, hardtop, and a blood red interior all pulled by 305. He was 18 at the time and had it for the next 4 years. in these 4 years, he waxed it every week. this car's life spanned from racing on the autobahn, and windy back roads to crashing in farmers fields to being in the US at a dealership. When he crashed it in the farmers field, he was speeding on a back road and came to a sharp turn. the insurance guy stated that "if one more part was damaged it would have been totaled." It was rebuilt, and painted a mercedes black. my dads army buddies thought the think was wet every time they saw it because of the amazing paint job. I would love to find this car. One year when he came back to the US, he lived in new jersey, and traded the car in at a chevy dealer for a 1994 chevy silverado. This was the day he would regret.

Last edited by camarocrazy42; 10-01-2012 at 12:38 PM.
camarocrazy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
camarocrazy42

well carfax said it hit a culvert which is a large concrete structure, in Louisville TN. airbags deployed, and moderately damaged, which in other words they totaled it. 3 days later it was picked up by someone and they renewed the title on it, so it is either parted out or someone put it aside for a future project. this does not stop my search though, it could still be out there, so i will still look for it, if it is still out there, its bound to turn up sooner or later.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
WSex

amazing! hope you find it!
WSex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
greenformula92

this really can be a very painful thing to do. I have been there with a car I wanted to buy back. I found it but he was not going to sell it back to me so I had to move on. It was painful to know that I put in a ton of effort to find it but I couldn't buy it back. So be a little prepared for that if you plan to buy it back

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

build a clone, it works for the yenko guys!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yea, odds of it being back in NJ are probably slim. depending on the damage amount..it could have been cut up for part or built into some tyme of drag car that does not need to have a vin . have you tried to find a phone number or contact info for the past person which it was registered to? thats your best bet. good luck with it

for about 8 years I have been tryig to track down my uncle's final car that he built. 1975 Pro Street Camaro. tubbed, built motor, cage, incredible custom paint, the works. it was called "Mega Bucks" and was in several magazines in the early 1990's. however my uncle passed away many years ago, and tossed out all the paperwork on that car and the dozens of other muscle cars he owned. so without a VIN number i have essentially nothing to go on. one can hope though...

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
yea, odds of it being back in NJ are probably slim. depending on the damage amount..it could have been cut up for part or built into some tyme of drag car that does not need to have a vin . have you tried to find a phone number or contact info for the past person which it was registered to? thats your best bet. good luck with it

for about 8 years I have been tryig to track down my uncle's final car that he built. 1975 Pro Street Camaro. tubbed, built motor, cage, incredible custom paint, the works. it was called "Mega Bucks" and was in several magazines in the early 1990's. however my uncle passed away many years ago, and tossed out all the paperwork on that car and the dozens of other muscle cars he owned. so without a VIN number i have essentially nothing to go on. one can hope though...
Same with my dads Nova. 11.70 with a 350, qjet, cast iron manifold, and M20. I have the plates... from 1977.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
1320B4U

a 1975 pro street, named camaro would be easier to find than a regular run of the mill r/s camaro circa 1990. Speaking as a third gen owner, you can probably find the same car after 1 wk of searching so go that route. They were a dime a dozen...i guarantee if there was a water stain of the outline of Elvis on the passenger seat, i could find you one w/ skinny elvis or fat elvis, your choice.

Last edited by 1320B4U; 01-24-2013 at 03:10 PM.
1320B4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
camarocrazy42

it said the car was picked up and the title was re-issued after it was wrecked
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #10
townsend

good luck man, your gonna need it. we thought we had my father-inlaws 74 nova ss back in our hands when the guy he sold it to in high school called him saying he still had it. checked the vin and sure enough the last registered owner was that guy. after a few months of bs'ing with him bout it we went to look and it wasnt even a 74. that sucked. he dug out his old pics of the car and everything, only to have his hopes majorly let down. now we got a run of the mill 74 bench seater, that could be "his ss" again.

2021 Charger Scat

Wrench/driver 94 Camaro Ellwein 385/D1SC/CPT 4l60e/9" slow pile
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Rides > The Early Years 67-92