Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
boostinsidewayz

co drive for SJ autox

i know this is probably a stretch, but do any of you autocross guys wanna let me co drive the sept SJ event?

i hydrolocked my engine 2 weeks ago, so now i can't run my car. i need an F stock car to run, my friend let me run his mach 1 this past weekend and i beat him so now we are tied for points.

if anyone is interested, please let me know.
boostinsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Blacdout96

If my car was together, I would let ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinsidewayz View Post
i know this is probably a stretch, but do any of you autocross guys wanna let me co drive the sept SJ event?

i hydrolocked my engine 2 weeks ago, so now i can't run my car. i need an F stock car to run, my friend let me run his mach 1 this past weekend and i beat him so now we are tied for points.

if anyone is interested, please let me know.
Try renting a mustang???? I'd let you co-drive, but my car is either SM or CP.....

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
198esp1

rent him dads car with the toyos /better yet take dad and you and him can race his car. moneys on dad
198esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198esp1 View Post
rent him dads car with the toyos /better yet take dad and you and him can race his car. moneys on dad
Can you run the toyo's in F-stock? Dad's car is the perfect choice, its 100% stock? I don't think it be competetive compared to a new mustang, but some points are better than no points? Let me do some checking, when is the date in September?

1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
Old 08-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
boostinsidewayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QWIKBIRD View Post
Try renting a mustang???? I'd let you co-drive, but my car is either SM or CP.....
i love your car, i was watching some of ciottis vids with your car in it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 198esp1 View Post
Can you run the toyo's in F-stock? Dad's car is the perfect choice, its 100% stock? I don't think it be competetive compared to a new mustang, but some points are better than no points? Let me do some checking, when is the date in September?
any tire is allowed in stock classes. just as long as they are on stock dimension rims. or in sj as long as its close to the original. my 00 formula was stock and i was running right with him on junk tires.

sept 27th
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
any tire is allowed in stock classes. just as long as they are on stock dimension rims. or in sj as long as its close to the original. my 00 formula was stock and i was running right with him on junk tires.

sept 27th
I can almost 100% sure borrow my dad's 93Z28 (6sp, LT1 power), but I can't tear up his new tires, so if you don't think SJSCCA (or the guy you are running for points) would pitch a fit for running on a set of 17x9.5 rims (factory upgrade size wheel, SS/WS6) with a set of well used but still serviceable TOYO RA-1's (275/40/17) I'll ask to borrow the car. You'll be slightly handicapped compared to a new Mustang, but thats where the driver factor comes in.

Let me know and I'll see if I can snag the car. All I ask is you pick up my entry fee.

Chris

1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
Old 08-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
boostinsidewayz

Quote:
I can almost 100% sure borrow my dad's 93Z28 (6sp, LT1 power), but I can't tear up his new tires, so if you don't think SJSCCA (or the guy you are running for points) would pitch a fit for running on a set of 17x9.5 rims (factory upgrade size wheel, SS/WS6) with a set of well used but still serviceable TOYO RA-1's (275/40/17) I'll ask to borrow the car. You'll be slightly handicapped compared to a new Mustang, but thats where the driver factor comes in.

Let me know and I'll see if I can snag the car. All I ask is you pick up my entry fee.

Chris

sounds like an awesome deal to me. noone will care about the tires, thats the size and wheel i was running. i think the tires will make up for the slight lack of power.

the guy in from NNJ, sergey(sp?), is pretty sick with his lt1 camaro
Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
sounds like an awesome deal to me. noone will care about the tires, thats the size and wheel i was running. i think the tires will make up for the slight lack of power.

the guy in from NNJ, sergey(sp?), is pretty sick with his lt1 camaro
I'll have an answer for you by the weekend. Sergey Babkin is the guy's name I think and he gets his F-body to scoot through the cones pretty good. The toyo RA-1s are more of a trackday tire, but they'll work and they are closer to the end of their life than the beginning. I'll let you know. Keep in mind this car is 100% stock, no exhaust mods, no CAI or anything, still riding on original shocks/springs/sways etc. It is far from a dialed in F-stock type of deal. Will be fun anyway.

Chris.

1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
Old 08-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
sab123

I am Sergey Well, I've thought of going there and doing the co-drive. But looks like the same day there will be events much closer to where I live, Porsche club at PNC Arts center and M-club at TD Ballpark.

BTW, last time Jason and I have swapped cars for a run, and I was immediately 0.7s quicker in his Mustang. Maybe it's just my tires are worn by now. But Camaro also leans so much more.
sab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Bad News.....I got shot down on the request to borrow my dad's car. He says something is making a clunking sound in the rear suspension and told me there was no way he'd let me borrow the car. I offered to fix it prior to taking it, but he we still not in a sharing kinda mood. Sorry, I tried. Offer still stands for using my car, but I know that doesn't do much good.

Chris

1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
Old 08-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab123 View Post
I am Sergey Well, I've thought of going there and doing the co-drive. But looks like the same day there will be events much closer to where I live, Porsche club at PNC Arts center and M-club at TD Ballpark.

BTW, last time Jason and I have swapped cars for a run, and I was immediately 0.7s quicker in his Mustang. Maybe it's just my tires are worn by now. But Camaro also leans so much more.
Small world isn't it? Looking closely at your pic, its kinda obvious that's E-town in the background. How's the season going for you at NNJR?

1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
Old 08-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #13
sab123

Quote:
Small world isn't it? Looking closely at your pic, its kinda obvious that's E-town in the background. How's the season going for you at NNJR?
I think Jason's beating me this year. Getting the 2nd place at Romulus National tour was the high point of it
sab123 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X