Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 11:49 PM   #26
procamaroz28

is it really difficult to adjust the adjustable lca's?

i think ill just remove the relocation brackets till i feel like buying the adjustable lca's cause i mght be fine without them only got 1.25" rear drop

BLK 07 CTS M6 2.8
procamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #27
198esp1

you should not need diffrent length control arms with the relocation brackets.who ever installed them dropped the ball. Should be able to use all the holes with out changing the length of the arm.
198esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #28
creeper

you *shouldn't. if you search on tech you'll find a bunch of people who ran into the exact same thing though. try reinstalling them after calling UMI. they'll tell you to loosen the torque arm bolts and swaybar. then make sure you can get it to line up with any of the 3 holes with no adjusting before bolting it into any 1.

my brackets are wedged agains the stock lca mount, so there's no way it can move back any further. maybe i'll try it again some time but it doesn't look possible to move them back any further.

also, i ordered RPM speed brackets, but they came with UMI directions and hardware, so i'm not 100% sure exactly what i have. maybe the re-installation will work with yours.

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|

Last edited by creeper; 10-22-2009 at 11:09 AM.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post

IMO you cant be serious about 3rd gen brakes being good for much, point in fact that the 1LE cars got the 12" C4 brakes.
Actually I'm quiote serious. 1LE cars were street cars set up for track racing, which is why they came with upgraded brakes, but you make is sound that all brake systems from berlinetta's to IROC's had brakes that faded rapidly. It takes alot to develop premature brake fade by just sitting in traffic, maybe you put cheap pads on, did improper maintenance, or you don't know how to drive, whatever the fact, our stock brakes are fine for normal driving, and the brakes on 3rd gens wasent GM's first attempt at disc brakes. So I raise and salute the BS flag to you good sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #30
procamaroz28

ill try to reinstall but doesn't seem promising torque arm was off when it was installed...

BLK 07 CTS M6 2.8
procamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #31
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Actually I'm quiote serious. 1LE cars were street cars set up for track racing, which is why they came with upgraded brakes, but you make is sound that all brake systems from berlinetta's to IROC's had brakes that faded rapidly. It takes alot to develop premature brake fade by just sitting in traffic, maybe you put cheap pads on, did improper maintenance, or you don't know how to drive, whatever the fact, our stock brakes are fine for normal driving, and the brakes on 3rd gens wasent GM's first attempt at disc brakes. So I raise and salute the BS flag to you good sir.
while your waving the flag around think about taking your argument to pm so this thread can get back on track.....

and creeper, if you "locked up the tires" you should check out your abs system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #32
creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
and creeper, if you "locked up the tires" you should check out your abs system...
haha i was waiting for someone to make that comment

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X