Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 12-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
karr95

Body Shop

Here's the deal, as with most 3rd gens in the North East mine has a little problem with rust. Overall the car is in great shape but there is one thing that will need some attention soon.

Under the hood of my GTA you have the 2 strut towers. The one on the driver side has a lot of rust and you can see little pin holes that go all the way through. Basically I am waiting to hit a really good bump or pothole and watch the shock come shooting through my hood.

I brought the car to my local body shop and they can cut out the rust, weld in a new plate and pop a new shock in there. However, these guys were a little on the pricey side and I don't know anyone that ever used them before. Anyone have any recommendations for a shop that could do something like this?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

I would take it to a shop with a good reputation for something like that.

DJ's Restoration
244 Stokes Avenue
Ewing NJ
609-530-0901

Evil90SS from this board has been working there for a while now...

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

Speaking of body shops. Not to hyjack but does anybody know where I can find a driver side fender for a 89 MR2?
Firebird67dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird67dude View Post
Speaking of body shops. Not to hyjack but does anybody know where I can find a driver side fender for a 89 MR2?
http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #5
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by karr95 View Post
Here's the deal, as with most 3rd gens in the North East mine has a little problem with rust. Overall the car is in great shape but there is one thing that will need some attention soon.

Under the hood of my GTA you have the 2 strut towers. The one on the driver side has a lot of rust and you can see little pin holes that go all the way through. Basically I am waiting to hit a really good bump or pothole and watch the shock come shooting through my hood.

I brought the car to my local body shop and they can cut out the rust, weld in a new plate and pop a new shock in there. However, these guys were a little on the pricey side and I don't know anyone that ever used them before. Anyone have any recommendations for a shop that could do something like this?

Thanks!
Where r u located?

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:55 AM   #6
karr95

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karr95 View Post

Thanks!
Where r u located?

I'm in Brick, NJ

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey