Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Classifieds - Other

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
The BIG Show

Unhappy Auto Magazines

I know this should probably go in the classifieds, but trying to keep it close to home and the folks I know. (Justin, feel free to move if you see fit.)

I have around 200 or so car magazines spanning from 1983 to present and am thinking about selling them. I don't really want to sell, and yea, I know - who wants 'em, but I'm unemployed and my benefits ran out a while ago with ZERO prospects on the horizon so I do what I have to do.

I'm working on an exact list, but here is an overviewI do not throw away ANYTHING.)

These are all multiple year subscriptions: Motor Trend (still current), GM High-Tech Performance (one issue has George Baxter's monster SS Conv feature if anyone remembers him, also one with Pampered-Z and ME when we were invited to the publisher's HQ to discuss prototype G8 - that one is not included), Pontiac High-Performance, Pontiac Enthusiast, Hemmings Muscle Machines (still current), Collectable Automobile, Street Thunder (pub from National Street Machine Assoc club I had joined for a while - car features and part reviews).

Non-subscription, but many years' worth:
Car and Driver, Road & Track, and various misc titles such as Hot Rod, Popular Hot Rodding, some Corvette specific special issues. I know there are more, but I'm still digging.

Ok, the hard part: I'd like $200 for the whole bunch. (Again, yes...I know) That is under $1.00 per magazine, which considering the list prices, is a steal.

I also have a rarely (maybe 4 times!) used Craftsman 6000 (could be 3000 - I have to check) pound rolling floor jack.

I would also consider selling my 85 2-door Collectors Edition Buick LeSabre to a good home (details upon request).

If there is any interest, you can reply here, or shoot me an e-mail. Hey, I have to try.

And lastly, if any of your companies are looking for a good Copy Editor/Tech Writer or Logistics/Asset Manager, let me know.

Maybe 2014 will get better for me and I will actually be able to come out to events.

Merry (insert politically correct holiday here) and Happy (hopefully) New Year.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Classifieds - Other