Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 05-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
iamsickofitall

greenwood lake or lake hopatcong

which do you think is better, and why? i'm thinking of moving out of the burbs and becoming an official redneck in a lake community. i'm not overly familiar with either...i've just been on and around lake hopatcong a few times. just looking for a few opinions before i begin a more in depth search.

a boat will obviously be in the works. another perk would be local dirtbike/quad trails if possible.

when considering greenwood lake...nj or ny. it doesn't matter.

thanks

Last edited by iamsickofitall; 05-20-2008 at 07:13 PM.
iamsickofitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

west milford is right next to greenwood lake...its decent up here. lots of marinas and stuff if you have a boat, pretty close to everything in town, lots of bars

i actually bought my saturn off a guy that owns a marina on GWL

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Lake Hopatcongs general area is pretty nice, but I'm not overly familiar with it, just know the morris/sussex area well. I just moved to Budd Lake, which I'm pretty happy with for now. Very convenient to everything, and I know Lake Hopatcong isn't far at all from here.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
nj85z28

greenwood
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
The Fixer

My friend grew up in Hopatcong and his family had a boat out there for years. It was great, and the state park is right there also so there area shouldn't get over-developed. There's lots of buildings and offices sprouting out that way now, compared to 10-15 years ago. Budd Lake has gone absolutely insane in the last few years!

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
DaSkinnyGuy

lake hopatcong, because I live in the town of hopatcong ( not lake hopatcong ) and you could buy my moms house so she can move to NC. Never anything to worry about. your 35 mins from the delaware water gap. Elevation changes between 925ft at the lake and 1,171ft at the top of lookout Mt. Only problem with the town of Hopatcong is there are some parts they are still finishing sewer construction and repaving what sewer construction has been completed. In a sense your a part of morris county with all the stores and hospitals. But its still sussex county which has alot of widlife. Its common to have deer walking in your yard and occansionly a black bear that comes to the neighbors bird feeder. Many houses are going through reconstrution to improve the summer bungalos. Much of this might not help but I have lived here all my life and have enjoyed it. There is a section of woods located at the end of brooklyn MT road that has dirt bike and quad trails and if you were to follow that out to sparta stanhope road you can get onto an old railroad path that leads from hopatcong all the way to the delaware water gap. called the lackawanna cutoff.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #7
Njgunslinger

I grew up in Hopatcong...go to Greenwood lake.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
iamsickofitall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njgunslinger View Post
I grew up in Hopatcong...go to Greenwood lake.
haha...nice

iamsickofitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #9
LS1Hawk

I like Greenwood Lake, use to play disc golf up there. Nice area.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
firehawk1120

Hey I've thrown this out before but if you need help looking I'm a realtor in the North Jersey area. I live in Bloomfield and work out of Parsippany. I've been showing homes in the W. Milford area of Upper Greenwood lake so if you need help finding a place or have to sell a home here in Clifton I'd be more then happy to help you out either way.

Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my number. Also if you need references you can ask James and Genie.

Thanks

Gene
firehawk1120 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey