Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
Green_Phoenix_LT1

Need A/C evac and charge

Really need my a/c evacuated and charged. I spend about 5+ hours in my car driving. Problem is I am flat broke. I am trying to see if anyone here could help me out that has access to the proper equipment and could do for a nominal fee. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way its for my 95 Trans Am. There isn't a leak in the system anymore. The original leak was from the compressor but with the help of some members I was able to replace it. Thanks again fro anyone how can offer some help.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Stevoone

I could charge it for you if you don't mind driving up to Burlington City. All i would need you to pay for is the freon, R134a is $13 per lb. Most cars take ~2 lbs
Stevoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Green_Phoenix_LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevoone View Post
I could charge it for you if you don't mind driving up to Burlington City. All i would need you to pay for is the freon, R134a is $13 per lb. Most cars take ~2 lbs
Can you evac it as well? We replaced the compressor so everything was exposed to open air and i also dont know how much oil is in the compressor.....

All i know how to do on an A/C is to replace the compressor(learned by doing) and how to recharge a system....
Old 06-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

i think our cars take around 1.6lbs and make sure you pull vacuum on the A/C system for at LEAST 30 minutes especially being open for that long. Hopefully the drier/desiccant bag are still good.

As for oil when you installed it hopefully you put some in with the new compressor but most machines you can exchange the oil.

if you were from up here in NJ i would help you out

Last edited by MyFirstZ; 06-06-2010 at 09:22 PM.
MyFirstZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
Stevoone

Evac will only remove refrigerant/air and any oil that happens to come out during the process. My machine will only run an evacuation if the system pressure is over 20 psi. If you want all of the old oil/contaminants removed then you would have to get it flushed which could get labor intensive.

I use the ACR 2000 which is the GM special tool they supply to the dealers. It does everything; Evac, vacuum, charge and flush.
Stevoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Green_Phoenix_LT1

Done.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey