Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 07:55 AM   #1
karr95

F/S 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 82K Miles

For sale is my 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula with 82,000 miles. This car is very clean and everything works exactly how it should. Here is a rundown on what I have had done to the car:

Drivetrain: Car is equipped with its original 305 TBI engine and 700r4 automatic transmission. I had the engine completely rebuilt by JS Performance in PA in the summer of 2018. The heads and intake were ported and polished, all seals changed, complete tune up (plugs, wires, cap & rotor). The engine is running an LT1 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, taller valve springs, double roller timing set, LT1 starter, new injectors, new water pump, coated shorty headers and dynomax exhaust. All 80s smog equipment was removed with the build. Ice cold A/C that was converted over to 134A. The transmission was freshened up with fresh fluid, gaskets, super servo and higher stall converter.

Overall everything that was done just made a good car that much better. The 305 was a fun little motor in its stock form and now with the cam and supporting parts it just has so much more down low grunt. The exhaust system sounds amazing and once you hit overdrive it quiets down nicely so you can enjoy the ride without getting your ears blown out. While driving around town the transmission shifts perfectly and you don’t even feel it going from one gear to the next, until however you drop the hammer and it will chirp gears no problem.

Body: The body on this car is very straight and shines up very nicely. As you would expect with a 30 year old car there are a couple of dings but nothing serious. There is absolutely no rust on this car and the floor boards are perfect. The spoiler is on the tail end of its life but still looks ok. I had the hinges on the driver door repaired and the T-Top weather stripping replaced. I replaced the tail lights with Trans Am tail lights from the same year car.

Interior: The interior of this car is very clean, dash pad doesn’t have any cracks, the seats are in good condition and it has the screaming chicken floor mats with the correct 80s bird. All the speakers were replaced and it has a nice Bluetooth radio. I saved the stock radio if you would like to put it back. Also replaced the t-top bag and installed a new headliner.

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels: This car is equipped with the WS6 suspension and the car hugs the road very nicely. I had the rear shocks replaced, running an IROC wonder bar, Spohn weld in sub-frame connectors, poly front sway bar bushings and end links and I had the front sway bar powder coated red. The brakes are new with power stop drilled slotted rotors, pads and powder coated calipers. Also running stainless steel braided lines. The wheels are reproduction black GTA wheels that I ordered from Summit and the tires are 245 Hankook all seasons.

All in I probably have over $18K invested in this car so I am not going to give it away. I have addressed just about all of the short comings that these 3rd gen cars get so the next owner just needs to gas and go. I am asking a very reasonable $12,000 for the car, clear title in hand, will consider trades for truck, tahoe, suburban or el camino.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
Derrickx1

Formula for sale

Pics?
Old 07-13-2021, 08:45 PM   #3
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrickx1 View Post
Pics?
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/fire...9-pontiac.html
Old 07-21-2021, 01:23 PM   #4
maroman88
12 Second Club

wow thats nice
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles