Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
zraffz

95+ Gen 1 SBC?

I've recently finished putting together a rebuilt 350 from a 1997 K1500 Suburban.
Today I wanted to fire the motor up and realized I lost all the accessories that came on the motor. I do however have a serpentine setup off another GM. Upon closer inspection I noticed the stock vortec water pump has a coolant bypass on the water pump to let coolant cycle while the thermostat is closed. If memory serves me correctly, during a conversation today I was told the coolant bypass on the older motors is built into the block & heads.

Would I be able to use the serpentine setup that doesn't have the coolant bypass built into the water pump? How would I go about making this work without spending money on all new accessories/brackets/pullies?
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning