Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
92rs

door hing pins

Hi all has anyone have any tips or info for me on replacing the door hing pins I need to replace bouth on the drivers side anyony done this here yet it a 1992 camaro rs power locks and windows thanks
92rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Stevoone

I replaced the hinges on my car. Originally went in just to replace the pin and bushings but the hinge around the bushings was worn, when I put the new bushings in they were just as bad as the old ones.

Spoke with a friend at a body shop and he recommended zapping a weld at the edge of the bushing/hinge. I did that on my passenger door and it tightened up the bushing enough to fix all the play in the door.

If your in the Burlington City area I have a handfull of pins and bushings if you still want to replace them. I would not recommend trying to replace the hinges. That was a big PITA, unless you have body experience (I do not).
Stevoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
92rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevoone View Post
I replaced the hinges on my car. Originally went in just to replace the pin and bushings but the hinge around the bushings was worn, when I put the new bushings in they were just as bad as the old ones.

Spoke with a friend at a body shop and he recommended zapping a weld at the edge of the bushing/hinge. I did that on my passenger door and it tightened up the bushing enough to fix all the play in the door.

If your in the Burlington City area I have a handfull of pins and bushings if you still want to replace them. I would not recommend trying to replace the hinges. That was a big PITA, unless you have body experience (I do not).
ok thanks I am in Glassboro not sure how far away I am from you but I think I just might have to take it to a body shop to do it thanks again
92rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

It's really pretty easy to do hinge pins, you really should have one or two people helping you though (to hold the weight of the door while each pin is out).

What part are you not sure of?

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech