Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

anyone fish around here?

anyone fish around here? im in milltown so obv i fish millpond and farrington lake. but i never catch anything, you name a lure ive used it... still the only place i catch anything i pigeon swap in east brunswick off deans hall road. even then they are only small fish. so does anyone know some quality spots around here or some good pointers. i dont mind a drive as long as its not more than an hour.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

I pretty much fish on the Delaware River since my boat is docked there. So far this year I've only caught one smallmouth about a month ago. It was a pretty nice size fish that was pulling me and the boat around. It's still early in the season and the fishing never gets really going until mid to late July. Last year was really tough with only 2 or 3 weeks all summer/fall that you could actually catch anything on lures. I don't use bait, I just use lures but I've caught smallmouth, sunfish, walleye, catfish, rock bass, stripers, northern pike, white perch, pickerel, herring on lures so there's enough to catch out on the river. But not a single bite in the last 3 weeks. There's a nice 3-4 foot long water snake living on the dock though so it makes it fun heading out in the boat!

-
Old 06-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
j0n

I usually fish in the surf, and while I rarely catch anything, I have landed a couple stingrays, sharks, and small fluke. The majority of my freshwater fishing is in a lake outside of Alstead, NH in New England. One of my tried and true bass lures is any spinner that looks similar to this:

Or if you're fishing around dusk and you see a lot of ripples on the surface from baitfish jumping, toss one of these in:

Sure to get yourself a bite if you're somewhere in the school of baitfish.
j0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Blew the boats engine over the fall/winter, working to get the new 350 in it...

Flounder/fluke/bass whatever is running...
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

i hate surf fishing unless it on a boat, to much going on, i like relaxing fishing. but yes i use the jitterbug and that safety pin lure, i also use some inline spinners and rubber worms. i guess the problem around here is its way to over fished and they dont take care of the lakes and rivers.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
z28rob18

all the places i go bass fishing are over fished. i have one slightly secret spot on a small assumpink lake that you can only get to by boat seems like everytime i go there i catch 3-4 nice bass. not the big assumpink. but i hav had some luck at the big one my uncle kills there always catching nice big bass. ive been trout fishing alot more this year. i set two poles wit power bait and use a rooster tail on another for trout.

stroker build this winter
z28rob18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
i hate surf fishing unless it on a boat, to much going on, i like relaxing fishing. but yes i use the jitterbug and that safety pin lure, i also use some inline spinners and rubber worms. i guess the problem around here is its way to over fished and they dont take care of the lakes and rivers.
You also are technically not supposed to eat anything from the local rivers sandy hook down....
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

caught a 14in bass and a rock bass abt 7in long, nothing to write home about but its a nice change after reeling in sea weed all day

Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
greenformula92

i don't fish around here anymore. i used to when i was a kid but between work and the ole ball and chain and the car i don't get to much time for that anymore. i usually go when i visit my aunt and uncle up in cape cod. he has a boat and the fishing is goooood up there. when you go your practically guaranteed dinner for a couple nights.

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

i go fishing often for trout and bass over at round valley resivour out by clinton nj. small 14' fiberglass boat.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

fishing is still slow, only caught babys so far in the ponds around me. i did have a nice day and caught 6 bass all between 1-2lbs butttttt, i was fishing on private property owned by pseg.... so if get caught im in trouble, guess i wont fish there that much

i was using a floating rapala, and sliders

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 06-18-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #12
JW

I like to fish down here in Cape May, the back bays last weekend caught about 12 flounder only 2 of keeper size and a few skates.

We mix it up go in the bay, ocean, wherever. We use live minoes in the back bays and squid or bunker in the ocean.

JW

Last edited by JW; 06-18-2010 at 01:26 PM.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:27 AM   #13
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I have now been out in a month or so, but earlier this year I caught a bunch of big Large Mouth (4lb+) If you're fishing in NJ...most likely its over-fished. Assunpink produces in weird spurts, my largest bass out of the big lake was just a bit over 6lbs with a bunch in the 2-4 range. The other Assunpink lakes are fun, some big Crappie, but last year they just didn't produce much for me. My one "secret spot" is off limits right now, it really kills be because its location is great, and the fish in there are amazing. 1lb+ blue gill are common and fight like bass, and my biggest LargeMouth so far out of there was 7-8 lbs and it wasn't the biggest one I had seen in there.

I'm not one to spot burn, so I will not shed light on other places.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey