Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Hats off to Jeff at Superior Chevrolet....

I had to order up some parts for getting my engine back together and after checking online at GMparts direct and Scoggin Dickey and a few others decided to go see the boys at Superior to see if they could work with me on price. And Jeff in parts hooked me up big time. GM partsdirect has sweet prices, but they kill you on the S&H. For example, I think the set of new LS7 lifters was $109, but they wanted almost $25 in S&H. Superior gave them to me for $118 out the door, win. Most of the other stuff followed the same pattern. The part was slightly more expensive at Superior, but without the insane S&H cost, I came out ahead to the tune of $40 on the total order.

Turns out Jeff has a 1969 Camaro that he's transplanting an LS6/T56 combo into, with DSE mini-tubs and a C4 IRS. Gary Betsy and himself are doing the fab/body/metal/paint so that certainly helped that he himself was a car guy. Sounded like he was doing the pro-touring thing and wanted to hit up NJ Motorsports Park when its completed.

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Jeff is a good guy. His 69 car is sweet and the car he is building sounds awesome. I was talking to him at the last Jackson outlet cruise about it.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
BigAls87Z28

verry cool always good to hear that dealers are working with customers to get their business.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
verry cool always good to hear that dealers are working with customers to get their business.
That might be true about the parts department, Jeff is a great guy. But their salespeople are horrible. I tried to go in to Superior last year and buy a new HHR SS and they made no effort at all to find me the car I was looking for. Their must have been 6 or 7 salespeople standing around talking to each other. Makes you wonder how the dealership stays open.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

On the contrary, I test drove malibus there and the guy I dealt with was great.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Jeff is a good guy. His 69 car is sweet and the car he is building sounds awesome. I was talking to him at the last Jackson outlet cruise about it.
Just got back from Superior with all my parts: exhaust gaskets, lifter trays, LS7 lifters, oil pan gaskets, O-ring for the pick-up tube, head gaskets and had a nice BS session with Jeff about cars, racing and such. He's definitely a car guy and evidently at one time was big sport bike guy also.

Sounds interested in autox so I told him to check out a couple sites and get up to the Meadowlands for a MSNE or NNJR event. It'd be nice to see some early iron out there being driven hard.

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)

Last edited by 1QWIKBIRD; 07-03-2010 at 11:37 AM.
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
On the contrary, I test drove malibus there and the guy I dealt with was great.
A guy at work bought a Cobalt SS through them and he said it was the worst buying experience he has ever had. Another guy around the corner from me bought a Cobalt SS supercharged from them and had to keep taking it back in to be fixed and they wouldn't fix it so he had to take them to court. You might have gotten the only decent guy in the place. It's amazing they are still in business.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey