Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
WayFast84

Need some help

I kind of screwed myself over by taking a full-time position and working 3rd shift, I've been looking for a job with more humanly hours and can't find anything that pays over $8/hr. If you guys know of ANYTHING that is hiring entry level but also pays more than single digits please let me know. I am really trying to focus on school because it is way more important than anything right now but this job is ruining everything I worked for up till now.

I have 3 years experience in summer camp/after care with Edison township recreation department and have worked in security for 6+ months. I'm really looking to gain experience in other fields and do not want to be a cashier. Ideally the hours should be the same everyday so I can make my school schedule around this.

I am currently redoing my resume so it will be a few days before I can send it somewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Matt
Old 12-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
fbirdfreak

What kind of work are you interested in? The security company I work for right now is currently hiring, pays well and you get healthcare for 10$ a week. The sites differ in pay ranging usually from 9-10$ an hour, but there are a million overtime opportunities (I just worked a sweet 16 the other week that paid $14 an hour for 5 hours, and I sat around and ate for 5 hours lol.)

I know it's not much more than you're making there but you can work the living hours lol. Right now I'm at work actually :P They're pretty lenient on what you can do as long as you do your job, idk where you live but they've got locations all over NJ. Here's their website.

http://www.marionsecurityagency.com/
fbirdfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
WayFast84

Thanks ill look into it. I forgot to mention I am sora certified and did have first aid training but my certification expired. I am looking for the edison area but I travel 25 miles to work now and that's my limit. Ill take a non paying position for a while if i learn a trade(body work etc) and would love to get a black seal if a company is willing to sponsor me.

How is the management? I work for a company that promised all sorts of things they never delivered, I don't get holiday pay if I don't work the day before and the day after and my supervisor just got hired by the company that hired us, she was the glue that held the account together and with her leaving I know ill have to find something else.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
fbirdfreak

Management at my place is pretty awesome, and as far as promises are concerned you're not getting misled, I'm making $15 hourly right now for holiday pay for today and tomorrow, there are about 400 employees but the whole office is staffed on about 4 people who are extremely competent, you've just got to remember that there are only 4 people working your home office lol. other than that, like i said they have sites everywhere so you can really just tell them your mileage distance and they'll work around it, and just have to be honest with them with what you want to do lol if you want atleast 30 hours a week tell them lol.
fbirdfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
WayFast84

I filled out the info. Thanks for all the help. What kind of job site are you at?
Old 12-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

dammit luke! i wouldve applied there instead of stupid liberty had i known
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
WayFast84

Do it anyway?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey