Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
jam01

how do you use a bleeder ball?

this is embarrassing, but i need to ask. i bought a mac tools bleeder ball, it is the kind you fill with fluid and pump up to about 15 pounds. i have had it for over 20 years and i never used it. i am tired of asking for a leg when its time to bleed my brakes or others.

thanks jim
jam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
jam01

i guess i should have worded this differently, to say what attachments are needed? any way after calling mac tools twice i found they still have the attachment for my 71 chevelle. but at over $100. i think ill invest in a different system to bleed my brakes and such.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

My Motive has a plate that seals over the top of the master with clear tube and a 3/8" NPT fitting coming off of it. That is attached to the tube coming off of the pump.

For the motive, you connect everything and test it with air for leaks, and if everything is good you fill it with some fluid, pump it to 10-15 psi, and go around the car cracking bleeders until the fluid is clear with no bubbles.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
jam01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
My Motive has a plate that seals over the top of the master with clear tube and a 3/8" NPT fitting coming off of it. That is attached to the tube coming off of the pump.

For the motive, you connect everything and test it with air for leaks, and if everything is good you fill it with some fluid, pump it to 10-15 psi, and go around the car cracking bleeders until the fluid is clear with no bubbles.
thats how this one is supposed to be, only they have different adapters for the systems. i might go for one of those reverse bleeders.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech