Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
band77one
15 Second Club

Gm parts direct

Has anyone used them for parts before? Ordered a heritage grille for my dads 5th gen, they shipped a damaged item no one inspected, and I've been waiting since Saturday morning for a return email with a shipping label and refund info from them. Supposedly they have one person who handles returns who has been out since Friday. i was told I'd have a response by end of day Tuesday and nothing. Pretty crappy customer service
band77one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Been years since i have dealt with them, sorry to hear you are having trouble.

I would suggest calling the toll free number and anytime someone can't provide a resolution ask to speak to their supervisor. If you get more than one step up the chain normally you have reached someone that doesn't want to deal with the problem/people and will tell someone to resolve the issue immediately just so they don't have to hear about it any more.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

they have been good when i used them for things. like above i would call but wouldnt automatically demand a manager.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

A payment dispute, be it paypal or cc, gets attention very quick.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
A payment dispute, be it paypal or cc, gets attention very quick.
agreed, however its also a PITA for the vendor and almost is never necessary when you are dealing with a reputable company.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #6
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
agreed, however its also a PITA for the vendor and almost is never necessary when you are dealing with a reputable company.
Of course. When they were given opportunity and failed, its time to escalate.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
strick454

When i ordered from them i waited a week with no change in the status of my order so i emailed them to get an update and still no response or change. I emailed them again telling them i would like to get a refund and within an hour i got an update and tracking number and had it in a day. Doesnt seem like they want to be bothered until they are going to lose money.
strick454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
band77one
15 Second Club

yea they gave me some bs excuse the person who handles returns had a baby friday and has been out. well, unacceptable. thats not a reason someone else can't handle returns, they cant possibly have that many that its taking this long. lol. if i dont get an email later today with an update i will be calling back tomorrow morning. i was just hoping i wasnt the only one whos had issues with them, and clearly i am not lol
band77one is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge