Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up Hitting the parts biz again...

Welp, I've come to the conclusion that ubg being out of the parts biz since Jun 05 is about 3 years too long, so I decided to pound the pavement again in search of a p.t. job. I just put in apps w/ the joke known as Auto Bone, and also w/ NAPA. Advance isn't taking on line apps, so I guess I'll have to go in and do the paper jobby. And I think I'm gonna also look into Sears for a service writer gig. I still cannot believe w/ my 20+ years experience that I can't snap my fingers and hook up w/ a joint.
Gimme a couple of days in an Auto Bone and I'll have them flying straight into respectability!

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
Stevoone

Not sure if they filled the spot yet but i know Lucas Dodge is/was looking for a parts counter person. My cousin works the counter now but he is moving out of state. They may have filled the spot since I last talked to him but I'm not sure.
Stevoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
Untamed

Bob,

This the Autozone on the south side of Hillsborough near Shoprite? I've noticed a greater number of teens and twenty-somethings working at AZ in Hillsborough and Raritan off 206. Nice people, but some of them are just there to ring up the sale and aren't that knowledgeable.

You may be getting rejected for the job because they dont want to pay you what you're worth, with 20+ years experience.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
I've noticed a greater number of teens and twenty-somethings working at AZ in Hillsborough and Raritan off 206. Nice people, but some of them are just there to ring up the sale and aren't that knowledgeable.
Agreed.

I ordered a window switch for my GTP and it took two weeks to come in. It was supposed to take 3 days but they f'd up the special order (hub transfer) twice.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
Bob,

This the Autozone on the south side of Hillsborough near Shoprite? I've noticed a greater number of teens and twenty-somethings working at AZ in Hillsborough and Raritan off 206. Nice people, but some of them are just there to ring up the sale and aren't that knowledgeable.

You may be getting rejected for the job because they dont want to pay you what you're worth, with 20+ years experience.

Yep, dat's da Bone. That store is on hallowed ground...used to be Kar/Car Parts there, and I worked for both configurations. Now THAT was a parts store!

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #6
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevoone View Post
Not sure if they filled the spot yet but i know Lucas Dodge is/was looking for a parts counter person. My cousin works the counter now but he is moving out of state. They may have filled the spot since I last talked to him but I'm not sure.
Youre cousin is Zack? I go off roading with him all the time.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge