Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 08-18-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
Koll
14 Second Club

Ello

Ello'
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:02 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Welcome to the club!

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

welcome to the club.
if you wanna make that car og really fast i can show you how while keeping the computer and all the advantages that go with it

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
welcome to the club.
if you wanna make that car og really fast i can show you how while keeping the computer and all the advantages that go with it

later
tim
yea how fast did you go in your rs? and what were your mods i never got the chance to ask you that

[/hijack]
Old 08-18-2004, 04:27 PM   #5
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Tim had his '91 RS (305 TBI) running 14.20s - I'll let him go down the mod list.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:32 PM   #6
90FormulaWS6

Tim do you have chip tuning equipment? Im putting Lt1 cam/ 081 heads on my car within the next month and will need to burn some new chips. Any help would be appreciated.

Derek
90FormulaWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:14 PM   #7
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i have access to the software and i was planning to add a burner to the toy box soon for my "other" project car
first thing i have to do is get my laptop up and running adn i will be ready to help ya.

later
tim

Old 08-18-2004, 05:21 PM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
Quote:
welcome to the club.

later
tim
yea how fast did you go in your rs? and what were your mods i never got the chance to ask you that

[/hijack]
14.209 @ 96mph. car still had a workign a/c, power windows/locks/hatch release, and both stock front seats when i ran that hehe, heavy ass car.
i had edelbrock performer centerbolt heads(waste of money, too much head for the car) 1.6 roller tip rockers, "ported" stock tb with 350 injectors, home made AFPR, full exhaust, a shift kit, a 2k stall(waaayyy too small for the car), full exhaust, and a 3.54 rear(not nearly enough gear, wish i had put 4.10's in it)
i was still running a stock chip and cam as well. i never tuned anything but base timing and fuel pressure the whole time i owned the car.
i was also running hoosier quick time pro's, way too much tire for the car, prolly cost me a tenth or two.
basically if i had to do it again i woudln't worry about heads, i woudl throw in the LT1 cam, get some nice 4.10 gears, or at least 3.73's, 1.5 full roller rockers, a 2600-2800 stall, and burn a good chip for it. that woudl be worth mid to low 13's at full weight.

isn't it fun to look back on all the stupid stuff you did and money you wasted when trying to develop something

later
tim

Old 08-18-2004, 05:51 PM   #9
90FormulaWS6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
Quote:
welcome to the club.

later
tim

[/hijack]
14.209 @ 96mph. car still had a workign a/c, power windows/locks/hatch release, and both stock front seats when i ran that hehe, heavy ass car.
i had edelbrock performer centerbolt heads(waste of money, too much head for the car) 1.6 roller tip rockers, "ported" stock tb with 350 injectors, home made AFPR, full exhaust, a shift kit, a 2k stall(waaayyy too small for the car), full exhaust, and a 3.54 rear(not nearly enough gear, wish i had put 4.10's in it)
i was still running a stock chip and cam as well. i never tuned anything but base timing and fuel pressure the whole time i owned the car.
i was also running hoosier quick time pro's, way too much tire for the car, prolly cost me a tenth or two.
basically if i had to do it again i woudln't worry about heads, i woudl throw in the LT1 cam, get some nice 4.10 gears, or at least 3.73's, 1.5 full roller rockers, a 2600-2800 stall, and burn a good chip for it. that woudl be worth mid to low 13's at full weight.

isn't it fun to look back on all the stupid stuff you did and money you wasted when trying to develop something

later
tim
In that case... you can relive those days vicariously through my car haha jk... but your knowledge of modifying 305TBIs would help greatly

Derek
Old 08-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #10
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i would be happy to help you derek. i loved workign on teh tbi car. parts are so cheap and plentiful it is ridiculous.
i was actually thinking of looking for another tbi car at one point to do a super cheapo backyard build up to show how easy it really is. my theory is that you can happily adn very consistantly run 13's at 98mph with a LO3 base engine for under $2k in mods.
if you have a few bucks and the patience(sp?) to do a step by step build up i can show you how

later
tim

Old 08-19-2004, 12:25 AM   #11
90FormulaWS6

i have the 081 heads already but i am freshining them up within the next week new springs, 1.5rr, pushrods, lifters, head casting getting hot tanked

i have the lt1 cam also... its out of a 1997 lt1 with ~30k miles on it

so as far as what is next im thinking...posi(have an open diff right now).. 350/454 injectors... getting a new TB to port the **** out of... port match and polish the heads to the intake and headers gaskets... lots and lots of tuning

i think im in the right direction with that set up... if you have any ideas/advise shoot it out im here to learn

Derek

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey