Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 09-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
bokey

Does anybody know where I can find a mass air intake

I need a mass air intake (the intake sys. they had on the 2.8L) for a 91 RS. I'm just trying to do small things for right now to my engine until i get enough for a bigger one. If anybody knows where I would be able to obtain one of these or somebody has one they don't want please make a post.

Thanks
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Re: Does anybody know where I can find a mass air intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokey
I need a mass air intake (the intake sys. they had on the 2.8L) for a 91 RS. I'm just trying to do small things for right now to my engine until i get enough for a bigger one. If anybody knows where I would be able to obtain one of these or somebody has one they don't want please make a post.

Thanks
jyd...they usually sell for $30
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:30 PM   #3
V
Stalker

What exactly are you looking for?, the 91 v6 fbodies had the 3.1L mpfi and the earlier ones were 2.8l, Are you looking for the mass air flow sensor? i assume not since 91 didnt have those either, they used the same speed density computers as the 90-92 tpi cars. If you are looking for the actual intake manifold and plenum setup, someone should have one off a car they parted out, i just sold a complete running '91 3.1 engine, and i'm not sure when i'll get another, may be a few months.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Sounds to me like he is looking for the air intake piping that draws air from behind the nose on either side of the hood latch, correct?

If so, then yes, go to the junkyard - and I doubt you'll pay more than $15 for it.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:09 PM   #5
V
Stalker

i got those too, the 2.8l 6cyl ones have a hole in them for an air temp sensor. the tpi ones have that hole but it isnt cut out. the 3.1l 6cyl may or may not have the hole. I have at least 2 setups complete with the lower section. [/quote]
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:33 PM   #6
bokey

Exactly what i'm looking for

Justin is right thats exactly what i'm looking for ... on the 189cu in (3.1L) they have the intake comming in from behind the passenger headlight assembly. i want my intake so it is comming directly from the nose so what i'm looking for is the part that holds the filter (i dont know if there is a name for it but i hope you know what i'm talking about) and the piping for either side of the nose. I have gone to junkyards time and time again and find nothing. If anybody knows of any other junkyards aound here other then U-PULL-IT let me know.
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey