Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
JW

New Tranny Mount Issues

Well today I installed a new tranny mount from Spohn the nice Poly one But anyway got it all done and decided to go for a ride. Well as soon as I start to slip the clutch into first I notice more vibration and noise or rattleing. So I just go hmm.. ok then I get outa the driveway and on the road and when I tap the gas and I really mean tap like barely touched it, enough for the car to lunge a tad forward I hear this loud tick or clank of metal. Its only at low speed when I lunge the car a bit but also when I slam the brakes when barely rolling I noticed it also, and another thing when I close my door I hear a new metal clank under the car now. Now I am thinking maybe that it is something stupid like I dont have 1 of the bolts all the way tightened on the Tranny Support and it is wacking bottom when I tap the gas becuase it sounds & feels like its right under my seat. I am hoping thats all it is. But after getting my new rear and suspention with the Spohn TA non trans mounted one. The pinion angle was set to -2 and I am wondering if this new tranny mount screwed with the angle a bit. I dont know. I will check it out tomorrow after work, just figured I would get others thoughts on it?

Thanx,
JW
Old 02-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

even if the mount messed up the angle, it wouldnt make a "clank" when you shut your door. sounds like its not tight enough.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
JW

Yea I am going to get back under there maybe tomorrow and check it out with Rick. We will see.

JW

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline