Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 10-08-2005, 04:22 AM   #1
redbanditZ28

Sorry I haven't been around much at Rutgers this semester.

Its already been a long semester and still have long to go. Studying my ass of only to receive a B on my tests. Working a Job. I am way too busy this semester to try to get something going. I hear ya about the bus situation too. I have one class on Livingston and i have the L commuter parking pass so thats not prob. But the idiots at rutgers dont allow parking at the other campuses anymore until 6pm and on. So i have a class a Busch and a few days ago it took me a half hour literally to get a bus to go back to livingston. They made me late for work and god only knows what else they made others late for. Pain in my A$$.

Anywho, i haven;t posted in a while on here. Thought i'd say hi to Jon, 79Diva, Chevelle and the others i met at the gathering back in May. I have major plans for my car. Taking a semester off this upcoming spring one and i am building my camaro in a sleeper. Nah, sleeper is to weak of a word, a hp monster. Thats better. Getting a whole new engine, a T-76 turbo, new rear, new trans, forged internals, and many other things. And i should have it done either this upcoming may or june. So maybe next time we can all get together, the car will be done. The goal is about something close to 850hp give or take. Setup to be a street car.

Anyways, thats about all i have to report. I hope all you rutgers students are doing well. Just think though, enjoy this semester, cause although you think its bad now, its going to be a lot worse when you are waking up early and freezing your ass off in snow waiting for the bus thats cramped with people. That alone is why i am happy to take this spring semester off. Hope to see some replies to this post. Wouldn't mind chatting some.
redbanditZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Hey havent seen you aroung here in a while. I dont know if you have seen but we have a weekly thing going on over at the greast trucks every wednesday night at 10pm. We had a huge turnout last week! The bus system this year at rutgers SUCKS! Good to see you are gonna make that car a beast, that thing already looks amazing! Ya should try to make it to the trucks one wednesday if you have some free time!
Take it easy

Jon
Old 10-08-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
j0n

definately swing by the trucks if you have an oppurtunity on a wednesday night...me, chevelle, 79diva, and jpizzi are usually there
Old 10-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

:woot: TRUCKS MAN!!! go to the trucks!

It's a good time. I've missed a few weeks because of school work, but I usually try to make it like twice a month. It's a real cool weekly thing. Hang out, bs, make fun of ricers. People asked me to bring another girl down, i brought my roommate and all the boys ran away from us

Definitely try to make it one week, I'm not sure if ill be there this comign week cause i have an exam on thursday, but its a bunch of fun.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #5
redbanditZ28

Its good to hear from you guys.

Good to hear from you all. I will try to make it on wednesdays. I get out of work at 8:30 PM. So i should be able to make it on weds weather permitting. Does every one who came to the last meeting that i was at show up on average? There was that cool middleaged guy with his GTO. It also looks like a lot of potential this semester. I alone see a whole bunch of f-bodies that look like they would be the type of owners who would want to join us. If you guys got some time, email me at steve1049@msn.com if you want to help me hand out flyers if you guys meet every wednesday at the trucks. If thats going to be an ongoing thing, i will make some flyers and have more people join us. Unless you don't want me to. Its up to the rest of you. Once again, good hearing from ya.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
j0n

definately try and get a bunch of people out to the trucks on wedensdays...thats become a pretty much "every-week" think...so just tell em wednesday night at 10 pm there will always be at least one person at the trucks from our group
Old 10-12-2005, 01:29 AM   #7
z2815

how do you get there from river road. or what street do you meet on?

seventy nine camaro 400 chevy sb th350
some mods
z2815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

This is the best way i know. I don't know any street names though, sorry. take river road to rt 18 S, get off at the first exit for George st. (basically stay in the right lane on 18, youll end up getting off) Go straight at the traffic light. At the traffic light BEFORE the big rail road bridge make a right. Follow that up two blocks and youll see the parking lot with trucks on your right. go around the parking lot for the entrance, and be careful if your car is lowered.

Steve,
Alex, Jon and I are about the only ones who show up every week at the trucks from the meet last year. mike came once but I think he said something about a new job so he wont be able to make it anymore
Old 10-17-2005, 12:49 PM   #9
bad64chevelle

Yeah, we havent heard from that guy with the GTO since that meet I believe. Grease Trucks this wednesday, be there!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:02 AM   #10
redbanditZ28

Would you all care if the flyers i put on people's winshields included other chevy and pontiac makes as well? I figure the more the merrier. I was thinking of impalas. There was on guy last spring who drove a black with two white stripes and it sounded nice. And also monte carlos and GTO's and things of that nature. I do see them all around livingston and college ave. Would be nice to gather all of the General's Fleet, but if you want to limit it to F-bodies, i am fine with that. I figured i should at least tell people to go to this website if they are unable to show up on wednesdays so that maybe we can all come to a bigger agreement on a bigger meeting time unless only a few people join between now and then. Maybe this upcoming Weds the 19th, i can meet you all there and give you some flyers so that you can also hand them out if you see other people who would join as well.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:34 PM   #11
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

You can invite anyone you want to the trucks, it's a public gathering.

We would also welcome others into the club, as long as they don't mind lots of F-body talk.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #12
bad64chevelle

Yeah I'm trying to convince two of my buddies to come up some night. That will prolly be the night the Chevelle will be up. They would be bringing a Monte Carlo, and a Marauder (yes its a ford, but its a nice car). Im working on getting my buddy to drive his '67 Camaro up, but I doubt he will. His only set of tires are his Hoosiers and I dont think he wants to drive it up to Rutgers on slicks.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #13
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
Yeah I'm trying to convince two of my buddies to come up some night. That will prolly be the night the Chevelle will be up. They would be bringing a Monte Carlo, and a Marauder (yes its a ford, but its a nice car). Im working on getting my buddy to drive his '67 Camaro up, but I doubt he will. His only set of tires are his Hoosiers and I dont think he wants to drive it up to Rutgers on slicks.
especially since he's such a tight-ass. he's the coolest kid ever though. he's just very, shall i say, a perfectionist?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:05 PM   #14
bad64chevelle

Perfectionist-yes
amazing car-yes
street car-yes/no

i think he would rather just race the car at this point, but hey to each his own. besides there are a few mods that just took place that made it alot less streetable, so i cant really bust his chops.

Jon

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey