Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 10-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
halojunkie3184

I NEED HELP A.S.A.P.

Alright people, this question is for everyone and anyone. I can't start my car at all. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it just in the on position, no lights come on, no noise, nothing. If i try to start the car by turning the key to the run position, still nothing. Its not the battery because theres not even a clicking sound when i try to start it. Does anyone know why my car wont start and why the lights arent even turning on. when i say light i mean any of the light on the whole car. the dash lights, headlights, dummy lights, dome lights, nothing turns on. please help.
halojunkie3184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

You say its not a dead battery but that still would be my first guess.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

check the battery cables
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:24 PM   #4
halojunkie3184

ok guys, i figured it out. it took me a while but i got it. thanx for the advise. it was one of two things. it was either the cables to my battery or it was my anti theft system that was in it. the reason why i dont know what it was exactly was bacause i disconnected every electrical wiring and then redid it again and it worked after i did it all. so it was one of the two. the dealership said that it was most likely the anti theft system and that the only way i could get the alarm off was to have it towed to the dealer and GM had to hook it up on the computer. I have other friends that said it was the battery cable. so it was one of the two. thanx for your help.
halojunkie3184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

glad you got it all worked out
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey