Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 10-24-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
BlueFBird

gota fix my window

alrite so im not good at this stuff hey guys i got my window motor replaced a while ago now when i go to put the window up the part by the rear view mirror doesnt go up it stop about 1-2 inches be4 hittin the strippin...so it kinda throws the window off...y do u think this hapned? did the window fall outa track it goes up and down just fine.. i posted this a while ago but now that its gettin cold im tryin to fix it what should i look for when i take the door panel off...is ne1 close an would like to give me a hand near toms river?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #2
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Sound like the rear track broke if the window is tilted and moving front to back. Mine did the same. The rear track has a post that is pressed into the track that holds the window in place. It's fairly common for them to fail and pull out of the track.

The part isn't exspenvise, but it is a PITA to install and get everything realigned properly. I took the door panel off and had the local shop do the install. I actually bought the track and new windown felts, so the shop only charged me labor. $30 and it took them about 40 minutes. I figured it was worth it.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
BlueFBird

its not the whole window jus the front of it by the mirror fell the rest is fine...every one i called wanted like 100 to look at it i wa slike are you serious
Old 10-24-2005, 04:08 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

wasn't teh window coming off track a recall on teh early 4th gens?
i remember my buddy had his 94 back to the dealership to deal with it a few times.
you could go to your local dealership and ask them about it. i am pretty sure it was a quality recall for 93-95 models.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:57 PM   #5
BlueFBird

ill give them a call see wut they say...its very whobly too like i can move it back an fourth
Old 10-26-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
BlueFBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z
Sound like the rear track broke if the window is tilted and moving front to back. Â*Mine did the same. Â*The rear track has a post that is pressed into the track that holds the window in place. Â*It's fairly common for them to fail and pull out of the track. Â*

The part isn't exspenvise, but it is a PITA to install and get everything realigned properly. Â*I took the door panel off and had the local shop do the install. Â*I actually bought the track and new windown felts, so the shop only charged me labor. Â*$30 and it took them about 40 minutes. Â*I figured it was worth it.
pampered where can i find the part?
Old 10-30-2005, 01:53 AM   #7
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFBird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered-Z
Sound like the rear track broke if the window is tilted and moving front to back. Â*Mine did the same. Â*The rear track has a post that is pressed into the track that holds the window in place. Â*It's fairly common for them to fail and pull out of the track. Â*

The part isn't exspenvise, but it is a PITA to install and get everything realigned properly. Â*I took the door panel off and had the local shop do the install. Â*I actually bought the track and new windown felts, so the shop only charged me labor. Â*$30 and it took them about 40 minutes. Â*I figured it was worth it.
pampered where can i find the part?
Check out this site for pics and part numbers. I think the window track cost about $25 and the felts about $10 each ( two inside + outside)
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey