Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 10-07-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
sleeperMULLET

Need help with LT1 heads an cam please!

i need to know i this cam and heads setup will work without the pistons having to be notched. i have a stock bottom end. all advice is appreciated, thanks! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8005361011
sleeperMULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:00 PM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Ah! I wouldnt touch anything from Ebay that involves internal engine components. Not my thing especially when the dealer only has 238 some sales. No thanks.

Send it to someone who has a good reputation, or order direct from a real online place!

Check out:
http://www.eportworks.com/ thats Lloyd Elliots webpage, I hear good things about him! Send him your stock heads and he custom grinds them to match his cams!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #3
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I'd guess that cam is way too much for a stock bottom end or street car.

Not 100%, but I would guess P~V clearaance will be an issue above 600 lift. Â*Also, I'd like to see someone run that cam thru desktop dyno. Â*to me that seems like an odd grind. Â*My first impression is that the duration seems short for that much lift. Â*unless they were trying to keep peak power below 7,000 RPMs. Â*The stock bottom end can't handle much over 6,200. Â*

Now those heads with a different cam would certainly work great with a well built bottom end.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning