Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Slow-V6

Vick is now the starting QB in Philly!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/M...ack-for-Week-3

Wow.. Just wow. I guess the Kevin Kolb experiment is over. Still wonderring why we got rid of Mcnabb for Kolb? Andy Reid is the problem. He needs to go. Why give Kolb a 12million extension if you dont plan on using him?
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Mike
BadMod

lol. go philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
NastyEllEssWon

well mcnabbs contract was up after this year anyway. with vick as a backup and kolb still unknown it made no sense to keep mcnabb and pay him the largest part of his contract when he'd be leaving the next year anyway. this way we got some draft love with getting rid of him. i didnt want to see him go within the division but at least we got something for him.

as for kolb/vick...vick is obviously the right choice at the moment for the franchise.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
12 Second Club

Yeah. Go Eagles and Dogkiller!!!! F vick, I don't care if the Eagles go to the Super Bowl they will still have Dogkiller as QB.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
Yeah. Go Eagles and Dogkiller!!!! F vick, I don't care if the Eagles go to the Super Bowl they will still have Dogkiller as QB.

yeah and no one mentions that ray lewis was on trial for murder and skated because of him being a public figure and won the super bowl the next year.

whats wrong with killing dogs??? we kill bears...deer...birds...why not dogs??? what makes dogs so freaking special???
Old 09-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
whats wrong with killing dogs??? we kill bears...deer...birds...why not dogs??? what makes dogs so freaking special???
You're kidding me right? We kill them for food and for trophies. To compare dog fighting to that is not only extremely uneducated but also ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm with you Jeff. I've been saying for YEARS that Reid has to go and most sheep we call Eagles fans called me crazy.

The ONLY reason Vick should start is if this team has a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl or at least making a serious run. Can anyone say they're a Super Bowl caliber team? I'd hope not...because if people think that they're delusional.

Kolb is going to struggle this year....now, at least for now, it's being pushed back. They're prolonging the inevitable and for what? A 9-7 record instead of a 7-9 record? It's ridiculous.

I hope Vick does well but I don't agree with this move....Vick will be gone after this year and the "future" has to wait a while longer. We'll see how Vick does, it's great to see someone rebound from mistakes and get his life back on track(even if his crime was disgusting)...but Kolb should be starting.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Rich2279

I was suprised to hear that Vick will be starting after Reid said a few days earlier that a player wouldn't lose their job due to an injury (or he said something very similar to that). I love Philly teams, but I gave up on the Eagles years ago and just stick w/ my FLYERS. I just feel bad because my dad is such a huge fan of the E-A-G-L-E-S.

1998 Mustang GT
1992 Mustang LX

Rich2279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
Frosty

The Flyers won tonight(wahooo for meaningful preseason hockey lol)
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 09-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
Rich2279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
The Flyers won tonight(wahooo for meaningful preseason hockey lol)
Yes they did. It was great to watch the Devils lose.

1998 Mustang GT
1992 Mustang LX

Rich2279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
Squirrel
13 Second Club

on or off the field people are still people and they make mistakes.. with that being said i wish i could buy a vick jersey, but everytime i buy an eagles jersey the player is gone the next year haha
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
Slow-V6

Vick is a better QB then Kolb and with this offensive line a better choice if you think you can win the SB. Of course our Defense is not doing that well along with our special teams. If the point was to get rid of Mcnabb for Kolb so that the young team can grow together then why put Vick in there when Kolb is healthy?

McNabb is probably going to resign with the Skins if he hasnt already. They are a much better team with Him there. I cant imagine how the Skins will be next year when they fix there couple of holes they have. Were will the Eagles be? Will we stay with Vick and trade Kolb or loose Vick and try the whole Kolb thing again and have it be another so called Growing year next year?

Thank God we have the Phillies!!
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110

Last edited by Slow-V6; 09-21-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
Slow-V6

Quote:
Anyway, I'm with you Jeff. I've been saying for YEARS that Reid has to go and most sheep we call Eagles fans called me crazy.

The ONLY reason Vick should start is if this team has a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl or at least making a serious run. Can anyone say they're a Super Bowl caliber team? I'd hope not...because if people think that they're delusional.

Kolb is going to struggle this year....now, at least for now, it's being pushed back. They're prolonging the inevitable and for what? A 9-7 record instead of a 7-9 record? It's ridiculous.
I use to stick up for Reid but after they traded McNabb I knew something like this would happen. McNabb took alot of the blame for Reid's screwups and now it is obvious.

They are not a SB team and probably not a playoff team. Now instead of waiting 2 yrs untill we have a good team we have to wait and see how this situation works itself out and see if Kolb even wants to remain here after this! Its hard to believe that just last year we scored the most points in franchise history and was a playoff team to a team that almost lost to a Lions team with there 2nd string QB in...

Maybe they are going to play vick a couple of games to get some trade interest and maybe trade him before the deadline for a O line man or High Draft pick?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #13
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
You're kidding me right? We kill them for food and for trophies. To compare dog fighting to that is not only extremely uneducated but also ridiculous.

yeah because people NEVER fight animals for sport. what happens when a bull, forced against his will to perform attacks a matador??? they knife him in the heart with a sword. what about elephants that are caddle prodded until they comply to let people ride them and balance on a tiny bucket in the circus. what about horses that are injected with steroids and forced to race against their will....no people never objectify or harm animals against their will to perform. dog fighting is just the same as that in my opinion.

there are people in the nfl that have BODIES on their hands and no one says anything about that...but the minute someone lets a few dogs loose the aspca is all over them and there are rallys and protest against said fellow.

do i condone what he did? no....do i think he's being persecuted for a minor crime when there are far worse criminals in sports? yes.

oh and btw...people do eat dogs. i would.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:11 AM   #14
LS1Hawk

Quote:
I agree. If they want Kolb to ultimately be the franchise, they have to let him struggle it out on the field. We saw guys like Eli go through it, and we are still watching guys like Romo go through it. It just takes time...

And for more sports' stupidity: http://deadspin.com/5644293/the-jets...n-edwardss-dui

Last edited by LS1Hawk; 09-22-2010 at 05:18 AM.
LS1Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 AM   #15
Frosty

Quote:
yeah because people NEVER fight animals for sport. what happens when a bull, forced against his will to perform attacks a matador??? they knife him in the heart with a sword. what about elephants that are caddle prodded until they comply to let people ride them and balance on a tiny bucket in the circus. what about horses that are injected with steroids and forced to race against their will....no people never objectify or harm animals against their will to perform. dog fighting is just the same as that in my opinion.

there are people in the nfl that have BODIES on their hands and no one says anything about that...but the minute someone lets a few dogs loose the aspca is all over them and there are rallys and protest against said fellow.

do i condone what he did? no....do i think he's being persecuted for a minor crime when there are far worse criminals in sports? yes.

I'm lost, you talked about hunting bears, deer etc which is completely different than bullfighting, riding elephants. So which is it?

Also, people aren't raising Bambi for years to fight another deer. You can't compare hunting to dog fighting. You can't compare an elephant carrying people in a circus to dog fighting.

As far as eating a dog, that's fine...what does that have to do with anything? People don't hunt dogs, Vick wasn't hunting dogs. There's no way to spin it to make it OK, there's no way to spin it to justify the actions.

But, with that said he made a mistake, he ****ed up, luckily he has a skill/talent that allowed him to rebuild his life. He should have every opportunity to make things right. I just don't agree with starting him lol

Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
FoodStampsz

Simple fact you did not bring in vick to start over kolb... why start now? Granted I like everything he has been doing on and off the field and I hope he gets a nice contract but stupid move philly.
FoodStampsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
Slow-V6

Quote:
. dog fighting is just the same as that in my opinion.

The Dog fighting is bad but what really gets me is that Vick strangled dogs to death, shocked them to death, drowned them in buckets of water! Thats what gets me.. How can someone be that heartless? Its more then Dog fighting to me!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #18
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
The Dog fighting is bad but what really gets me is that Vick strangled dogs to death, shocked them to death, drowned them in buckets of water! Thats what gets me.. How can someone be that heartless? Its more then Dog fighting to me!
they never said he did that personally... he funded the ring, and attended the fights, nothing else was proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #19
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Here's the deal.....like it or not.....

Reid traded McNabb, the most successful signal caller the franchise has seen. But McNabb never delivered the goods (for various reasons, not all of which are on him). Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I think that's where Reid felt he was with McNabb, both needed a change. The Eagles weren't going to win with McNabb under center, if they were, they would have done it by now. Change is OK. Kolb was the change, he had been groomed for it.

Reid gave the job to Kolb. He had the unfortunate injury against the Packers. So Reid, being true to his guy says the job is still Kolb's, once the concussion deal is sorted out. Trouble is, Vick (3 Pro-Bowls on his resume) played very effectively in relief during the packers game and was pretty darn good against the Lions (as you would expect against the Lions). So after a day to digest the game tape and take a step back and look at the entire picture, Reid had no choice but to swallow his pride and insert Vick as the starter.

Is that fair to Kolb? Probably not. You shouldn't lose you spot due to injury. But guess what? Life ain't fair and football is a business. Reid and the Eagles are in the business of winning football games. At present Vick is better suited to win football games with the Eagles than Kolb is. Second, Reid has an obligation to the other 52 players on his roster to put the guy under center that gives them the best shot at winning. Vick is that guy at present. You can't deny his athleticism, his arm strength, his on field performance or that fact that he is continuing to make amends for his past bad acts. Kolb might be the real deal, but for now Vick is executing at a much higher level on the field. Football isn't baseball or hockey. There are exactly 16 games, not 162 or 82. Every game is critical. There is no time to learn on the fly or take a wait and see approach in today's NFL. The time is NOW.

The whole dog fighting thing is wrong period. The acts were horrifying, cruel and inhumane. No argument here and no amount of community service can change what he did. In the end though, he was indicted, tried, convicted, sentenced and served that sentence. (I bet Bernie Madoff never sees significant time on the inside of a state prison and his crimes, while not as sensational, ruined far more lives.) Michael Vick's slate is clean (his conscience?), that's how our justice systems works. Second chances are what you make of them. The jury is still out what he makes of his second chance.....

GO BIRDS

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #20
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QWIKBIRD View Post
Here's the deal.....like it or not.....

Reid traded McNabb, the most successful signal caller the franchise has seen. But McNabb never delivered the goods (for various reasons, not all of which are on him). Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I think that's where Reid felt he was with McNabb, both needed a change. The Eagles weren't going to win with McNabb under center, if they were, they would have done it by now. Change is OK. Kolb was the change, he had been groomed for it.

Reid gave the job to Kolb. He had the unfortunate injury against the Packers. So Reid, being true to his guy says the job is still Kolb's, once the concussion deal is sorted out. Trouble is, Vick (3 Pro-Bowls on his resume) played very effectively in relief during the packers game and was pretty darn good against the Lions (as you would expect against the Lions). So after a day to digest the game tape and take a step back and look at the entire picture, Reid had no choice but to swallow his pride and insert Vick as the starter.

Is that fair to Kolb? Probably not. You shouldn't lose you spot due to injury. But guess what? Life ain't fair and football is a business. Reid and the Eagles are in the business of winning football games. At present Vick is better suited to win football games with the Eagles than Kolb is. Second, Reid has an obligation to the other 52 players on his roster to put the guy under center that gives them the best shot at winning. Vick is that guy at present. You can't deny his athleticism, his arm strength, his on field performance or that fact that he is continuing to make amends for his past bad acts. Kolb might be the real deal, but for now Vick is executing at a much higher level on the field. Football isn't baseball or hockey. There are exactly 16 games, not 162 or 82. Every game is critical. There is no time to learn on the fly or take a wait and see approach in today's NFL. The time is NOW.

The whole dog fighting thing is wrong period. The acts were horrifying, cruel and inhumane. No argument here and no amount of community service can change what he did. In the end though, he was indicted, tried, convicted, sentenced and served that sentence. (I bet Bernie Madoff never sees significant time on the inside of a state prison and his crimes, while not as sensational, ruined far more lives.) Michael Vick's slate is clean (his conscience?), that's how our justice systems works. Second chances are what you make of them. The jury is still out what he makes of his second chance.....

GO BIRDS

The Eagles have a better chance of winning with Vick in there but they had a better chance of winning with McNabb over Vick. Kolb is probably pretty much done. The Eagles will probably trade him. Pretty sad considering the Eagles could have drafted Anthony Spencer but decided that Kolb in the 2nd round would be there future!! Thats what I am pissed off at. If the Eagles just wanted to have a chance to win then why get rid of McNabb? I was okay with us being a 6-10 team if it ment that Kolb and the team would grow together. I am not okay with us going from McNabb's team to Vick's team for a year and maybe make the playoffs then next year be that growing team with perhaps Kolb or another young QB..
Old 09-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #21
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

If Vick plays at or very close to the current level and they deal Kolb for decent value, look for Vick to get the new deal and at 30 years old, he has plenty productive years left.

I think McNabb's time was done, in Philly. He just never could deliver the goods when crunch time came and I feel that wore the fans down. Probably a HOF'er, but at his age with his injury history it was time to move.......and he might flourish in DC or wherever else he lands.

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #22
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QWIKBIRD View Post
If Vick plays at or very close to the current level and they deal Kolb for decent value, look for Vick to get the new deal and at 30 years old, he has plenty productive years left.

I think McNabb's time was done, in Philly. He just never could deliver the goods when crunch time came and I feel that wore the fans down. Probably a HOF'er, but at his age with his injury history it was time to move.......and he might flourish in DC or wherever else he lands.
Just saw on ESPN that teams are very interested in Kolb.. Of course this is ESPN but still what a strange string of events that have happend here in the past 3 days..
Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #23
Frosty

Kolb isn't going anywhere unless some team over-trades for him.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #24
NjbadSS

I bet my dog can kick any one of your dogs ass...wanna bet?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #25
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjbadSS View Post
I bet my dog can kick any one of your dogs ass...wanna bet?

dog fighting ftw

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge