Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
miketa95

Major Grinding noise!

Hey guys I was hoping somebody could help my out with my truck. I was coming home from the shore, first time I had the truck on the highway in a while. When I got off the expressway, the truck started making a grinding sound coming from the front. At first I thought it was a little squeal from the brakes. It kept getting worse and worse as I drove down Rt. 73. By the time I was at my house it was making really, really, REALLY, loud grinding noise coming from the same front end area (passenger side). The noise then suddenly went away, SO I kept using the truck, and the grinding comes back and goes away over and over! What is going on? I really don't want to have to put this thing into the shop AGAIN.
miketa95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
madness410

is it a grind or like a high pitch squeel? do you drive on roads that have tiny rocks sometimes? do you only hear it when you turn?
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
miketa95

This isn't from a rock. It sounds almost like the 4x4 trying to be engaged while the truck is in drive
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Scrat's_Camaro

i would check the front drive shaft and axle shafts and make sure nothings come loose or bearings went bad. my buddys dakota made a similar noise. it would grind at slower speeds then quiet down at higher speeds and we found out the front drive shaft had alot of movement that it should. we took it off and took it for a test drive and it made no noise after that.
Scrat's_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
miketa95

If it's related to the axle shaft I am going to be PISSED. I've already had Lucas Chevrolet (The WORST stealership in existence) Re-do them TWICE.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech