Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #51
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Andy Reid always has trouble managing his QB/clock properly in playoff games. I said 2 years ago if I were an Eagle fan I would want a new coach. I want a new Giants coach and I'm mad they're wasting time keeping Coughlin around.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #52
Frosty

I said about 7yrs ago that they'll never win a SB with Reid at the helm. But a pretty successful 12 year run(with a few bad years due to serious injuries) and 5 NFC Championship games is hard to make a case to fire him. His in-game adjustments are just horrible. I don't get it.

Oh well, time to cry myself to sleep then wake up for week full of work.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #53
NjbadSS

I dont exactly agree that the giants should fire their coach. He has had good success with the giants, the giants were terrible this yr because of injuries, not coaching. I know there are some instances that you can say he blew it, but for what he was working with, he still managed a 10-6 season.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #54
Slow-V6

Well Mcnabb was suppose to be the reason why this team didnt win in the past. They got rid of Him and used Kolb and Vick and what happend? The same thing that happened last year.. 1 and done.. Last year our Defense wasnt that good, Our Oline sucked and recievers dropped all kinds of passes as well as Mcnabb throwing crappy passes.. This year the D sucked, The Oline sucked, Recievers dropped passes, and Vick had horrible passes as well.. What changed? Everyone blammed Mcnabb for the losses last year but now everyone is making excusses for the loss this year for Vick.. Bottom line is that Vick had a great season but in the end he came up short again!! He has had 1 good Post season run when they made it to the NFC Championship game and they lost to the Eagles.. Besides that year how is Vicks record in the playoffs?? Vick is a good QB and a much better choice then Kolb to run the Eagles offense.. Everyone said look out now that Vick has all these weapons and what not but in the end nothing happened and Vick and the Eagles could not come back and win the game just like Mcnabb couldnt come back and win the game!! Was Vick hurt during the last drive of the game last night and that could have hurt there chances to come back? Would they have a better shot with Kolb in there for the last drive then Vick? Would Kolb have underthrown the 27 yd pass to Cooper in the endzone like Vick did or would Kolb have even taken that shot with 50 seconds left to play?

I like Vick as my QB and he has come a long way this year but the guy is going to be 31 next season if there is a next season. Everytime he gets hit he seems to get hurt.. I dont see him being a winner the way Mcnabb was in the past with the team.. Vick has alot of heart and is a Leader but I think at times that gets the best of him and he makes bad desicions on the field..

In the end Reid needs to go and so does Mcdermet.
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #55
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjbadSS View Post
I dont exactly agree that the giants should fire their coach. He has had good success with the giants, the giants were terrible this yr because of injuries, not coaching. I know there are some instances that you can say he blew it, but for what he was working with, he still managed a 10-6 season.
Everyteam has injuries!! Thats no excuss to give up 28 points in 7 mins to lose a game when you are leading by 21.. That was there playoff game and they Choked!! They had a historic choke!!
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #56
Frosty

You can't pin this loss on Vick, at all. Rushing the ball 12 times against a D that isn't good at stopping the run...no excuse. The offensive line is terrible so you keep throwing the ball? It was open season on Vick...AGAIN. Yet with all of that you can't tell me you didn't think they were going to win the game when they were driving down the field. When was the last time we felt that way with McNabb?

Vick made one mistake, one ball that he should have thrown a bit deeper. It's not Vick's fault that Akers sucked balls, it's not Vick's fault Celek stepped out of bounds.

The only constant is Reid, which like you said, should probably go. It's hard to let a coach go that has had success but at what point do you say regular season and some playoff success isn't enough?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #57
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
You can't pin this loss on Vick, at all. Rushing the ball 12 times against a D that isn't good at stopping the run...no excuse. The offensive line is terrible so you keep throwing the ball? It was open season on Vick...AGAIN. Yet with all of that you can't tell me you didn't think they were going to win the game when they were driving down the field. When was the last time we felt that way with McNabb?

Vick made one mistake, one ball that he should have thrown a bit deeper. It's not Vick's fault that Akers sucked balls, it's not Vick's fault Celek stepped out of bounds.

The only constant is Reid, which like you said, should probably go. It's hard to let a coach go that has had success but at what point do you say regular season and some playoff success isn't enough?
I am looking at Vicks past post season wins/losses and looking at this years.. Mcnabb got killed in the playoff game last yr because this same Oline sucked just like it did this year.. Bottom line is that Vick had the ball with a chance to win the game and he couldnt do it! If Akers made those FG's or Celek didnt step out of bounds it would have been a different game but thats football!! If Kevin Curtis didnt drop that pass in the NFC championship 2yrs ago the Eagles would have won that game but that was blamed on Mcnabb..

Like I said before Vick had a chance to win the game. All this talk about how big of a arm he has or how accurate he has become and he underthrows a 27 yrd pass to Cooper!! Vicks game is avoiding the rush!! He didnt do that last night.. Everyone including Vick knows how bad the Oline. Thats what you game plan for!

My prediction is that the Sixers are going to win a Championship before the Eagles do!!

Last edited by Slow-V6; 01-10-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #58
Frosty

So because he made a bad pass he doesn't have a big arm? C'mon man. I don't like Vick as a person, I still have trouble getting over what he did so I'm actually biased against him....but you can't blame him for this loss. There were a ton of other factors that led to this loss. His bad pass was just icing on the cake. No one was on his back when they were putting up 30+pts a game and when he was carrying the team. To flip on him now is hypocritical. The man threw one bad pass. His past means nothing, he wasn't a QB in years past, he was an athlete playing the position. This year he actually learned how to play the position. Like he said in the post-game interview, he got greedy. Emotions were running high, they were moving the ball and he took a shot into the end zone. I ask again, when was the last time, as Eagles fans, did we feel confident that McNabb was going to lead the team down the field and score a touchdown when it counted? Aside from one drive in Chicago last year I couldn't name a time. Vick proved this year he's 10x's the leader McNabb ever was. He'll be back next year, he'll learn the offense that much more, he'll be coached that much more.

Now if only they can fill some huge holes on the defense.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #59
Slow-V6

He had a bad game against the Vikings as well which would have ment a 1st round bye.. He had 3 turnovers in that game but I stood by him saying that he had a bad game..

Vick got sacked a ton of times this year and it was because of the crappy Oline.. Mcnabb got sacked a ton last year with the Eagles and that same Oline and it was because he hung onto the ball to long!!

Vick stated in the 1st meeting with the Packs that if he had played all four 1/4's against them that the Eagles would win!! Well he got his chance and the Eagles lost.. Who did the Eagles beat this year that are playoff teams? Atlanta, Indy.. Who else? It seems like 5 games or so that teams found out how to defend Vick and it has shown in his play!! I would take Mcnabb in his 1st 5yrs over Vick any day..

You tell me.. Based off of this year is Vick a big game QB??

GB killed us yesterday.. They had so many dropped TD passes that they should have blown us out but for some reason the football Gods let the Eagles stay in it for a last drive that would have won the game but just like years in the past they couldnt pull it off!! I dont know about you but I get sick of saying oh we will get them next year!!

Last edited by Slow-V6; 01-10-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #60
Frosty

Yes, Vick is a big game QB based on this year. You can't blame him for Minnesota either, the team as a whole was completely arrogant, the coaching staff didn't have them prepared. Vick had one interception, big deal. The team as a whole didn't play well and Green Bay was the better team. You talk about how GB dropped passes and should have blown us out, how is that Vick's fault? Its' not.

Is it Vick's fault Reid abandoned the run...AGAIN? No. Is it Vick's fault the play calling sucked....AGAIN? No. Does Vick shoulder some of the blame? Of course he does just like every player...but to point him out in a game filled with mistakes, bad play calling and just a piss poor effort is ludicrous. If you want to hate on him fine, if you want to blame him fine....you can join the rest of the Eagles fans that want to bash for the sake of bashing.

....and yes I'd take McNabb in his first few years over Vick but that ship has sailed long, long ago

Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #61
Frosty

...and now that football is over for me, for the most part LETS GO FLYERS!

But for now I'm a Pats fan and a Steelers fan. F the Jets and the Ravens.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #62
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

So the eagles lost, yes?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #63
Blacdout96

Football sucks period. Flyers are tearing it up, and all I keep hearing about is the Philadelphia chokers.

So on that note, I hope the Seahawks take it all the way, and then the NFL goes into a coma next year so we can focus on an actual philaelphia team that is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 01-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #64
Frosty

Yeah, definitely looking forward to the Flyers run. It should be a good one.

Last edited by Frosty; 01-10-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #65
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
...and now that football is over for me, for the most part LETS GO FLYERS!

But for now I'm a Pats fan and a Steelers fan. F the Jets and the Ravens.
Go steelers!!

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #66
Slow-V6

Quote:
Yes, Vick is a big game QB based on this year.

you can join the rest of the Eagles fans that want to bash for the sake of bashing.

....and yes I'd take McNabb in his first few years over Vick but that ship has sailed long, long ago

The 2 biggest games this year the team lost!! Was it do completely to Vick? No but he did have 4 turnovers in those 2 games alone and I believe He could have brought them back and won the game but he didnt..

The coaching sucks as well just like it did last year with Mcnabb but everyone just blamed Mcnabb for there loss.. Why??

You defended Leighton when he gave up that weak ass goal to loose the Stanley cup as well!! Look what happened to him!! Didnt the Flyers get rid of him this year? Why is that if He is so good?

Mike vick is a good QB but in the past 2 games when it mattered the most did not play good.. Is that his fault? Dont know.. sure looked like it from were I was sitting.. If the plays sucked then Why didnt Vick change them in the huddle or at the line? Isnt that one thing that pissed people off about Mcnabb is that he wasnt in control of the offense.. Well the same can be said about Vick!! He decides to do his thing when He sees 1 on 1 coverage with Riley Cooper!! Not Jackson, Not Maclin, Not Avant, Not Celek, Not Shaddy but Cooper.. Comon man.. You have the best recieving corps the Eagles have had in a very long time and you throw it up to a rookie to try to win the game for you when Jackson had a 40 yard gain 2 plays before??

The Oline sucked all year but Vick had a great season, the Defense sucked all year but the Eagles won. The difference between those games and these last 2 games was the play of Vick!! He had a 77 QB rating and had 4 turnovers in those 2 games.. Same offensive line that was there during the Skins game and the Giants game as well..

He is your QB and the reason why you made it this far but still in the end we are right back to were we were last year at the end of the season!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #67
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
Typical bitter Eagles fan! I still can't believe Akers missed those kicks.
Yeah, this in itself was a bit of a choke. The guy hits 85% of his fieldgoals during the regular season then hits 1/3 and the two misses are relative chipshots for an NFL kicker ie 40-45 yards for each.

If he hits both they theoretically win.

If he hits one they are down 21-19 and vick doesn't need to throw a TD at the end to win.

I would say that if the Eagles don't qualify as choking then Akers surely does.

Choke
: to lose one's composure and fail to perform effectively in a critical situation <had a chance to win the game but he choked>
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #68
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
You defended Leighton when he gave up that weak ass goal to loose the Stanley cup as well!! Look what happened to him!! Didnt the Flyers get rid of him this year? Why is that if He is so good?

The Flyers were cinderella's going into the finals, I didn't expect them to get past the Bruins, but fluke comebacks allowed them to make it to the finals. When they entered the series against the Blackhawks, I could see right away they were exhausted, and alot of pressure was upon them, they just werent playing like they did against the Canadaians, they played a great series and I commended them, but I didn't even once curse the Blackhawks because they were the better team right out of the box.

And as far as Leighton goes, he was a rookie goalie. Even though he was very impressive between the posts, he's still got alot to learn, look at Boucher, or Chechmanek, looked impressive during regular season, come playoff time, pressure changes things. I'm no way saying at all Leighton sucked, he was awesome, and I do feel he carried the team most of the way, and to blame him on a fluke goal is dumb, it happens, that's hockey, it was in overtime, which is why it's sudden death. I'm still puzzled as to why we got rid of him, I think if we held on to him, he would of bee na great asset to the team, or at least a great back up.

As for Vick, I seen less then desirable defense on the eagles part, dumb penalties on their part, Ball dropping from Avant, a veteran kicker aiming for the corner of the field instead of making 3 pointers, and overall a mess on the field. It happens.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #69
Frosty

Quote:
HUH? What does Leighton have to do with Vick or the Eagles? Dude, no offense but I'm completely convinced that you don't watch or have any clue about sports if you're bringing Leighton into this. I never said Leighton was great. I merely defending him in the series. But that's old news, I'm still trying to figure out the relevance in this. Also, in case you haven't watched a single game this year, Boosh and Bobs have played very well...why would you break that up in order to give Leights time to "maybe" get back into form? Furthermore he hid his back injury to the team prior to signing his contract extension. Should I keep going? lol

Quote:
The Oline sucked all year but Vick had a great season, the Defense sucked all year but the Eagles won. The difference between those games and these last 2 games was the play of Vick!! He had a 77 QB rating and had 4 turnovers in those 2 games.. Same offensive line that was there during the Skins game and the Giants game as well..
You can't be serious....you REALLY can't be serious to compare the Washington game with their D scheme and the Giants D scheme. Completely and utterly different. Washington sat back and blitzed maybe 3 or 4 times the entire game. The Giants, Vikings and Packers all blitzed a lot more, A LOT. The O-line was the same in the beginning of the year? Really? The D was the same? Have you not watched player after player go down game after game? I'm done dude, you can fall into the rest of the Eagles fans out there that have no idea as to what's going on and just want to randomly blame people. If you want to completely bypass every bad play, every missed opportunity and focus in on ONE play then so be it....it makes no sense but then so be it. I'm really confused regarding you thinking the O line and D was the same from the beginning of the year...and that statement is completely not true and not accurate. The Eagles didn't all suddenly get hurt in Week 1 . I've said my piece....no point in going any further in discussing it.

Last edited by Frosty; 01-10-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #70
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
As for Vick, I seen less then desirable defense on the eagles part, dumb penalties on their part, Ball dropping from Avant, a veteran kicker aiming for the corner of the field instead of making 3 pointers, and overall a mess on the field. It happens.
Being a Philly fan it does happen. Year in and year out.. You forgot about the 2 chances they had for the 2 point conversion were Celek stepped out of bounds and Vick just flopped on the second attempt..

They have the issue that they had with Mcnabb. All these young players with a older QB.. The team needs some Veterans on the field.. By the time these young players grow into a complete team Vick will be 34 yrs old..

Now Kolb wants out if he aint the starter, AKers wants out, We are too small on Defense. Now we need to get some D lineman, O Lineman, LB's, CB's, Backup QB, Kicker. The Eagles are in alot of Hurt. Will they give a contract to Jackson? who knows. He is inconsistant to deserve the big money that The best recievers get in the NFL and He wont except anything less. Do the Eagles resign Vick and let Kolb go? They need to make some decisions and soon.

Quote:
HUH? What does Leighton have to do with Vick or the Eagles? Dude, no offense but I'm completely convinced that you don't watch or have any clue about sports if you're bringing Leighton into this. I never said Leighton was great. I merely defending him in the series. But that's old news, I'm still trying to figure out the relevance in this. Also, in case you haven't watched a single game this year, Boosh and Bobs have played very well...why would you break that up in order to give Leights time to "maybe" get back into form? Furthermore he hid his back injury to the team prior to signing his contract extension. Should I keep going? lol

You can't be serious....you REALLY can't be serious to compare the Washington game with their D scheme and the Giants D scheme. Completely and utterly different. Washington sat back and blitzed maybe 3 or 4 times the entire game. The Giants, Vikings and Packers all blitzed a lot more, A LOT. The O-line was the same in the beginning of the year? Really? The D was the same? Have you not watched player after player go down game after game? I'm done dude, you can fall into the rest of the Eagles fans out there that have no idea as to what's going on and just want to randomly blame people. If you want to completely bypass every bad play, every missed opportunity and focus in on ONE play then so be it....it makes no sense but then so be it. I'm really confused regarding you thinking the O line and D was the same from the beginning of the year...and that statement is completely not true and not accurate. The Eagles didn't all suddenly get hurt in Week 1 . I've said my piece....no point in going any further in discussing it.
My point is that you have that, Its cool we will get them next year.. Dont you get sick and tired of coming so close and loosing it on stupid plays? I know I do.. For me I am starting to think that there might not be another chance next year!! How long can a team be good enough to win a championship?

I am sorry but Stewart Bradley was not having a great season, Brandon Grahm was not really used at all, and there Rookie safty started out hot but faultered off in the end until he got hurt.. Am I missing anyone else? Ellis Hobbs maybe? There O line lost who? Jackson there center but he was lost in the 1st game of the season if I remember correctly.. Winston Justice was benched yesterday for King Dunlap.. Instead of blaming the players who played the game we can blame it on the injuries I guess..

We lost the game because our D-fense couldnt stop the Packers in the red zone, David akers missed 2 FG's, and Vick couldnt get the 2 point conversion and the throw in the endzone at the end of the game.. Those are the 3 areas I see were we struggled the most.. Vick doesnt derserve all the blame on this game your right.. All I am saying is that He was given the chance to win the game and he couldnt. The biggest game of the season. They were down by 5 with 50 seconds left in the game with a 1st and 10 at the packers 27 yrd line.. Forget how bad the team played and what not.. You have a chance to win the game for the team and be the hero in the PLAYOFFS and back up what you said about playing all four 1/4's and beating GB. Vick is not a rookie.. This is like his 8th year in the NFL. He has been to the playoffs before while playing for Atlanta.. Pro Bowl QB and said that He thinks He is the MVP of the League.. That was His chance to prove it. If this was Mcnabb and he threw this pick I could only imagine what everyone would be saying..

Oh and GB didnt really blitz a whole lot yesterday.. They gave Vick alot of Defensive looks and I think they fooled him into making bad choices.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #71
baddest434
8 Second Club

Quote:
. He thinks He is the MVP of the League..
sorry but no way mr.vick

we all know who the MVP is this year.
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #72
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
sorry but no way mr.vick

I agree with you 100%. I just posted up what he said at a interview on the News.. After the 3 turnover game he had against the Vikes that was the end of the MVP talk on him.. I would give him the most improved player award if there is one..
Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #73
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post

Tom Brady's hair?

Quote:
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #74
Frosty

...or the product he uses

Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #75
Slow-V6

Just heard what Big Red said on his Coachs show last night about that this year was a success because not to many teams that retooled the way the Eagles did this past year would still have a shot at a SB!! At the begining of the year The Eagles said that this is not a rebuilding/Retooling year now that they lost it was?? This whole Organization needs to be retooled!!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge