Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

installed exhaust

well got my exhaust installed today... i wanted to do it myself but after working almost 90 hours this past week i just decided to let mufflex install it without the tips figuring id just bolt or weld the tips on when they come in tommarow or wed... problem now is the guys at mufflex let the exhaust hang crooked (right side about an inch and a half lower then left) because they didnt wanna wrestle with it to much then have to play with it again when i get the tips in so i guess i gotta go back and have them trim off some of the extra pipe so they mount flush and play with it so its straight

... but on a good note it sounds badass not super loud but before getting it installed i read the directions and the big muffler mounts in the i pipe 2 small ones are the ends of the tailpipe so if i ever want it louder i can just take off the 2 small ones and put in 2 pieces of straight pipe the people that will be at chilis tommarow can hear it and see the crooked ass job they did then hopfully wed i can get it in for the tips ect

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #2
ins0mnia24

Ahh see i was right it is basically a Loud Mouth type system , Thats what i said in your picture post about how it looked like it goes together by looking at the parts the 1 long in the I Pipe and the other 2 as pipe extensions to the tips if you remove them its just basically a Loud Mouth with a chambered Muffler. If you can post up a vid of how it sound's i still think i might cut out the Loudmouth and put one of them in for a little different sound
QTP Headers, Mufflex Stainless Y-pipe, Pypes Performance Exhaust, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles,Truetrac & 3:73's., Spohn.
Cartek Tuned...
ins0mnia24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
Rich189

i dont have digital video cam but my camera can take like 20 second vids so ill see what i can do.... also if ur ever up in central ill be more then happy to let u listen to it in person

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

Old 04-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich189
i dont have digital video cam but my camera can take like 20 second vids so ill see what i can do.... also if ur ever up in central ill be more then happy to let u listen to it in person
I'll try to remember to bring mine with me to Chili's tomorrow if you want. I should be able to get a video hosted up on the site tomorrow night if I do.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

very quiet fwiw with the stock cats still on it...doesnt sound half bad just quiet imo.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Does sound pretty good, but as Bill said, very quiet. Didn't get a chance to videotape it though.

I say ditch the cats and let it scream

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #7
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

cats are EVIL!!!

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:05 AM   #8
Rich189

long tubes and y pipe will be on by august im hoping along with the paint looking perfect and some new brakes.... and then over winter hopfully some nice rims jeffs 11's on the rear made me want the wheels even more

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge