Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #26
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

"IF I WERE A RICH MAN...deedle, deedle, deedle, deedle, deedle, de..."

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
"IF I WERE A RICH MAN...deedle, deedle, deedle, deedle, deedle, de..."
Hell yeah, if I hit the lottery look out. Sure beats spending $100k+ on a porsche or bmw, huh?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #28
SteveR
I <3 sheep

At least its tastefully done and not some Coddington plastic '34 Ford I guess.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #29
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Hell yeah, if I hit the lottery look out. Sure beats spending $100k+ on a porsche or bmw, huh?
I was being quite sarcastic...just alluding to another rich guy from Pro-Touring.Com with another gadzillion buck car in his collection...

Old 05-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #30
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Must be nice... Must be nice
Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #31
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
I was being quite sarcastic...just alluding to another rich guy from Pro-Touring.Com with another gadzillion buck car in his collection...
Why begrudge a guy doing his own build of an American classic? So the guy is doing well and has some cash to spend. Why is that bad? It's not an import. It's not a checkbook-call-me-when-it's-done job. It's not a phony 34 ford fiberglass wonder. So should all American cars be scratched together on the cheap? Why can’t we just look at a nice car and appreciate it and maybe pick up some tricks here & there?

What about the guy sinking 100k into a number matching restore, or even a ‘tribute’ car? They bad too?

I'm not pointing this at you Bob, more in general. I see it all the time and I think it is weak and disingenuous. If any of us suddenly came into a bunch of cash I am pretty sure we’d all build that car we’d want and not put some kind of cap spending cap it. Hell, I think that is not only un-American, it’s down right Communist! Build it bigger-better-faster! Now that is American!

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #32
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Why begrudge a guy doing his own build of an American classic? So the guy is doing well and has some cash to spend. Why is that bad? It's not an import. It's not a checkbook-call-me-when-it's-done job. It's not a phony 34 ford fiberglass wonder. So should all American cars be scratched together on the cheap? Why can’t we just look at a nice car and appreciate it and maybe pick up some tricks here & there?

What about the guy sinking 100k into a number matching restore, or even a ‘tribute’ car? They bad too?

I'm not pointing this at you Bob, more in general. I see it all the time and I think it is weak and disingenuous. If any of us suddenly came into a bunch of cash I am pretty sure we’d all build that car we’d want and not put some kind of cap spending cap it. Hell, I think that is not only un-American, it’s down right Communist! Build it bigger-better-faster! Now that is American!

Yeah, it ain't directed at me...but it shows up right after my post. How ****in' stoopid do you think I am? I can begrudge any mother ****er I want...those mega buck guys don't live in the same world as me. From what I saw, that Chevelle was a pretty high line car b/4 big bux Jody got his mitts on it. He didn't pull it outa a junkyard, work 3 jobs to build it, or live on god dayum Cup of Noodles to save money for the next bling, bling, billet part. So, you tell me when I should start up my respect o' meter. And from what I see, those mega bux guys ain't just rolling it out with one car...they have 'em lined up. So again, when should I start up the respect o' meter? And if yer nosey ass needs to know, it ain't about the bux. I have a couple of dollars rapped up in my project, like my ****in' heads that go for over 7 g's, if ya can even get your hands on a set. I'm also working with a car that I have a 13+ year history with. I had to use my car as a daily driver for some time, because it was all I had running to get my azz to work so I could make a buck to keep the project going. I also used it to get my azz to job 2 so I could keep some bucks coming in. And while I was working those Saturdays at parts stores when I woulda rather been working on the car I was dealing with all those big buck azzholes who really weren't fit to shine my Doc Martens. So again, when should I start up the respect o' meter? Don't go pointing your god dayum finger at me, or tell me that I'm un American. You're ****ing with the wrong guy, Chief...

Old 05-14-2008, 11:24 PM   #33
BonzoHansen
Admin.

No, there are a number of posts in this thread alluding to the money, yours was just most recent. But I stand by my thoughts, I just don't understand the animosity towards big $$ cars. The guy takes an American car and builds it to the Nth degree and people feel the need to rip it because it costs money??? At least this one will be driven - he's taking it on power tour. It's no queen.

Since you got defensive..."it ain't about the bux."....you basically did say it was about the money:

"IF I WERE A RICH MAN."......."just alluding to another rich guy from Pro-Touring.Com with another gadzillion buck car in his collection"

But it's now it's not the money, it's the fact he hasn't owned it for many years? I've only owned my Z a few years, is that bad? Or he didn't live on cup o noodles or work 5 jobs at once? I don't know the guy's back story, nor do I care. If he has the $$ to do that, chances are he earned the $$ in one form or another. Good for him. If a guy has money for a few, is that bad?

I never once said anything about respect, not sure where that came from. I don't care if the owner is a great guy or a complete jerk. All I said was don't hate a car because there is a lot of cash in it, because that is a constant tone in threads like this. And I find that disingenuous.

Pull your panties out of the bunch they are in. BTW, I was being sarcastic about the Communist thing. I thought you might pick up on that, lol.

Feel free to hate the owners, but love the American Muscle.

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 05-14-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #34
chrisfrom nj

looks great
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #35
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
No, there are a number of posts in this thread alluding to the money, yours was just most recent. But I stand by my thoughts, I just don't understand the animosity towards big $$ cars. The guy takes an American car and builds it to the Nth degree and people feel the need to rip it because it costs money??? At least this one will be driven - he's taking it on power tour. It's no queen.

Since you got defensive..."it ain't about the bux."....you basically did say it was about the money:

"IF I WERE A RICH MAN."......."just alluding to another rich guy from Pro-Touring.Com with another gadzillion buck car in his collection"

But it's now it's not the money, it's the fact he hasn't owned it for many years? I've only owned my Z a few years, is that bad? Or he didn't live on cup o noodles or work 5 jobs at once? I don't know the guy's back story, nor do I care. If he has the $$ to do that, chances are he earned the $$ in one form or another. Good for him. If a guy has money for a few, is that bad?

I never once said anything about respect, not sure where that came from. I don't care if the owner is a great guy or a complete jerk. All I said was don't hate a car because there is a lot of cash in it, because that is a constant tone in threads like this. And I find that disingenuous.

Pull your panties out of the bunch they are in. BTW, I was being sarcastic about the Communist thing. I thought you might pick up on that, lol.

Feel free to hate the owners, but love the American Muscle.
U "never said anything about respect?" What is this, then? "Why begrudge a guy doing his own build of an American classic?" Isn't "begrudging" the act of "DIS-respecting," which is the opposite of "respect?" You tell me, and talk outa whatever side of your piehole you want. And just for the record, I don't hate the car. I thought it was pretty dayum nice in it's first big buck incarnation. But a guy shaking another couple of 100 gs into an already 100+g car ain't gonna get me to ask for his autograph or label his ****in' theme song as "My way" about his "own build." I also don't mind the 800 million Pro-touring 69 Camaros with twin turbo LSxs that those "movers and shakers" are building. But I'm gonna call it as I see it, and follow the bouncing middle finger to a big "tuff ****" if you don't like it. Defend 'em all you want, but don't try and tell me that it's the "reality" side of car building. You have a morgage, car payments, bills for the kid's stuff, and maybe an occasional night out w/ the wife, right? The Camaro sits on the side when 'lil Bonzo needs a pair of shoes or his Little League sign up fee is due, right? Well, THAT is the "reality" of car building!

Old 05-15-2008, 12:10 AM   #36
BonzoHansen
Admin.

That is my reality, yes. But not everyone's. And the thread is about the car not the owner. I could begrudge you for not having little Bobs so you can spend more money on cars then I can, but I don't. I'm very happy you are getting the AMX where you want it and you're getting the Buick fixed right - that all rules. Life is too short to get mad at those things.

And the Chevelle is pretty neat - we obviously agree on that. That is my basic point, if a thread is about a car, so say yay or nay to what you like or don't about the car, but cash spent is irrelevant to the car at hand. Cash spent alone is no reason to make sarcastic comments - now poorly spent cash, say lambo doors on a PT Crusier, then that is something to goof on!

Oh yeah, I see what you mean about begrudge & respect. I never read it that way, but I understand why you would. But I meant it in more of the classical definition.

be·grudge –verb (used with object), -grudged, -grudg·ing.
1. to envy or resent the pleasure or good fortune of (someone): She begrudged her friend the award.

You still love me Bob?

Hey, the Yanks won.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #37
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
when 'lil Bonzo needs a pair of shoes or
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia