Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 03-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
rgaynor85

Anyone in central NJ that can help an Fbody guy out with exhaust?

i just installed Pacesetter Lt's and my Y pipe is shot the guy i bought it from ruined it the way he clamped it so i had to detroy it basically to get it offand it didnt wanna mate with my intermediate pipe, is there anyone in central somewhere not to far off from Woodbridge area that could take my car in and fit my new Y. i dont know any good exhaust people local. lemme know plz in need of my daily asap.
rgaynor85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
bokey

I live in the Hamiton Square area, and usually will go to Fuccello's Custom Exhaust. Never had a problem w/ him; real nice guy. A bit expensive, but well worth it.
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Fuccellos...ughhh man. I didnt have a good experience with them when I had them put the exhaust on the Chevelle. When they put the tubes over the axles they crimped them down to about 1.5" on the drivers side and even worse on the passengers side. When I asked them to fix it they werent too happy with me. We have had 4 other exhaust systems done by them (when Jimmy was doing the work) but when he stopped the quality went down. Needless to say I hacked the pipes off after the mufflers and just put dumps on the car. Good luck finding a GOOD shop that will do that kinda thing. Not many around any more.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
chrisfrom nj

theres a place in east orange called ready muffler or speedy muffler on central ave my firends go to him he makes custom exhaust
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

james (12secondv6) has a guy in north north jersey that did decent work on my isuzu for a pretty good price. its a mieineke but the guys is an fbody owner and i'm pretty sure he does custom work
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #6
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Mufflex FTW!

www.mufflex-performance.com

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #7
bokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
...(when Jimmy was doing the work) but when he stopped the quality went down...

Sorry to hear about the Nova. I didn't know Jimmy stopped doing work? When did he stop?

Mufflex, ehhh... Never really liked them. They replaced my cat on my f-body, broke the same week (I think there was something wrong w/ it cause I wasn't doing anything retarded), and they wanted to charge me full price for another one after explaining what was up. Then, I went back to them to have a muffler put on. They also found a big hold in my over axle pipe and said they had to replace it. I told them to go for it. It ended up costing me $250 to have an I-pipe put on and a muffler that I bought welded on (it was only supposed to cost me around $50 when I went in). I went driving around after and noticed that I had almost no back pressure. Went to change my oil the next day and found that he put on a mandrel bent 3'' I pipe...on a 3.1L. I never asked for that size nor did he ask me what I wanted on it. A little sneaky if you ask me...

I guess its all about personal preference IMO. The best advice I could give you is to go around, get estimates, talk to the people at the shops, and read up on exhaust.
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #8
01ws6TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Mufflex FTW!

www.mufflex-performance.com

- Justin
01ws6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #9
rgaynor85

thanks lou like u didnt tell me that on aim lol guess u love to post u post whore haha
rgaynor85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
Mike
BadMod

if your on aim, please im me at this same screenname if you still need a ypipe, i had mufflex build me a ory for my pacesetter longtubes, and it is incredible..ill share my pictures and other info over aim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:38 AM   #11
01ws6TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgaynor85
thanks lou like u didnt tell me that on aim lol guess u love to post u post whore haha
what else am i supposed to do i cant drive my dahm car and my dad isnt working today!!! im so bored lol
01ws6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #12
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

i've heard a lot of good stuff about mufflex but their prices are a little on the high side

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*
jimmyboy8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:44 AM   #13
jims69camaro

i've got a midas by me. when i asked him how much he would charge me to weld up the collectors on the headers (2 welds, right?) he started to say $60 per weld. when he caught me looking at him like he had three heads was when he started to stumble and said, he'd need to see what i was talking about.

basically, i was going to install the headers and clamp them on until i could get them welded up. $60 per weld sounds like highway robbery to me. the headers never went in and i changed my mind completely on what i was going to do with the car, so i guess maybe he was good for something.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #14
BigAls87Z28

Ugh..talk about robbed. Midas on 35, across from the Monmouth Mall, charged me 330 bucks to weld the over the axle pipe, the I pipe to the cat bracket I made, and then put up a hanger. And it still hung way too low, and clangged every time I went over a bump. I got under there and saw the rubber hanger thing they used, and just raised it up 2-3 notches, and that fixed the problem.

If I wasnt an attached store, I would tell you to bring it to my shop, and we could put it in.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:21 PM   #15
ChickenLittle

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfrom nj
theres a place in east orange called ready muffler or speedy muffler on central ave my firends go to him he makes custom exhaust
it's called Monro (but yes it was Speedy and it's the same guys) now and that would be Jeff..he just did the catback for my LSC and my TA...he's fair with his pricing and does most of the custom race exhaust around here...I trust him with all of my stuff!

he can fix that y-pipe with no problem...just give him a call. he's off on Thursdays 973-674-5333
98 Trans Am 383 M6 AKA Chuck Norris Sold
ChickenLittle is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey