PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NJFBOA Monthly Meets

NJSPEEDER
10-28-2007, 01:40 PM
hey gang,

as those of you who attended yesterday heard and everyone that followed the meet ideas poll in the lounge, we are planning to make some adjustments to the monthly meet system for 2008.
some of the changes are very simple, like the change in batting order to go Central, North, then South next year. just switching North and South in the order solves a few scheduling issues.

as of now the plan looks like this:

January - Saturday, January 19th. New Year Kick Off Meet!!! Details coming soon

February - North, TBA. Suggestions?

March - South, Most likely a trip to the Texas Roadhouse again. Good spot and good food, why mess with it when the weather is going to be hit or miss anyway.

April - Central, TBA. May be a good chance to the Cruizin' to the Movies idea. Early in the season and weather starting to get warmer could really draw a crowd. We are looking at this as a charity benefit event and it will be open to anyone who cares to attend.

May - North, 3rd Annual NJFBOA Dyno Day!!! Yes, back to TTP for another day of horsepower and good eats courtesy of the TTP crew. For those who haven't gone before, TTPMom and TTPGrandma put out a killer spread of eats while TTPMatt and the shop crew give us the numbers we all like to brag about.

June - South, Cape May(cause you can't get further south than that. lol) A trip to the light house and whatever else we can come up with. Planning has already started :)

July - Central, BBQ & Blood!!! For July the NJFBOA will be hooking up with the Community Blood Council of New Jersey to add a blood drive to our annual BBQ festivous. Details and date will be worked out in the next few months.

August - North, 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals!!!!! We aren't going to bother trying to draw everyone to two events in one month. This is one of the major reasons for the change in the meet order. Everyone head north for the NJFBOA's 4th anniversary celebration. More announcements will be coming soon related to the 2008 East Coast Nats. Adjustments in the Car Show and Racing Rules as well as some new activities are being worked on to make this an entire weekend you won't want to miss.

September - South, TBA. We are looking for suggestions for September. This could be a good opportunity for the track rental idea if people don't mind taking a day off from work to attend. Any other suggestions?

October - Central, TBA. Sounds like a good time for some sort of season wrap up meet or maybe a costume party of some sort. Who knows? Suggestions?

November - North, TBA. Suggestions?

December - South, TBA. New Years Eve Party?

thanks again for all the great suggestions. as you can see there are still more opportunities for more ideas. if you have an idea to fill in one of the "TBA" holes, please let us know.

-Thanks

bandit88
10-28-2007, 03:08 PM
i might be planning a "poker run" kind of deal for the Riding center I work for
Could that be one of the meets?

NJSPEEDER
10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
for now we are open to attending other events but we would like to keep our primary meets as hosted and planned by and for the club. once you get details of the poker run you are planning together please let us know. one of the other changes we are trying to make for '08 is to make sure the calendar has as many events from around the region as possible, especially those that benefit charity.

EchoMirage
10-28-2007, 10:12 PM
what about the chatterbox again

Tru2Chevy
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
what about the chatterbox again

We are hoping to incorporate the Chatterbox into the East Coast Nat's weekend.

- Justin

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Awesome! I actually was going to make a post about that but the only North meets not taken are in February and November because I figured we could make a trip watch the Island races. Guess it worked out well in that regard.

BonzoHansen
10-29-2007, 12:16 PM
June would be a time great poker run. Start central, head down south.

NJSPEEDER
10-29-2007, 05:28 PM
for december '08, who would be interested in a new years eve party?
i was thinking it would be cool to have a hotel ballroom reserved so we can party until well after midnight and then jsut head to our rooms. no need to worry about drunk drivers, check points, or any of the other potentially negative BS that surrounds the holiday.
just a good safe time with a bunch of friends.
we coudl see if we can set up a deal for food and soft drinks, do the cash bar thing(with some sort of drink specials going on), and try to set up a package to include the rooms too.

sound like an idea that coudl work? what would you be wiling to pay for a complete room+party+food+soft drinks package?

1_Hot_SOM_WS6
10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea...depends on how much though. Cash is usually pretty tight around the holidays. see what kind of rates you can get and then I guess go from there.

NJSPEEDER
10-29-2007, 10:07 PM
i am going to get to work on it soon. i think it woudl work best to come up with a rate for the party + food and another rate for party + food + room. i certainly don't expect everyone to want to stay in a hotel, although i would want to have some system in place to make sure people are ok to drive before they leave.

NJSPEEDER
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
June - South, Cape May Light House?

looking into trying to reserve a few parking spots, arrange a light house tour, and local meal.
i think it would be a good opportunity to get some of our friends from delaware, south east pa, and maryland to come hang out with the usual crowd of south jersey weirdos. :p

Mike
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
tim you mean december 07-newyears day 08? if so im down becasue im off, but if you mean 08-09 i dunno what my days off will be

bandit88
10-30-2007, 06:59 PM
i don't think i'm going to make that new years day meet if you guys do it
jet lag FTL

Knipps
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
thread is 08 meets so i'm assuming next year

NJSPEEDER
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
tim you mean december 07-newyears day 08? if so im down becasue im off, but if you mean 08-09 i dunno what my days off will be

the meet planning would be '08 into '09. if someone is willing to volunteer a place to party in the new year i will volunteer to get silly drunk at their house though :D

NJSPEEDER
11-04-2007, 11:59 AM
August '08 - East Coast F-Body Nationals Weekend!!!

ok kids, the basic plan is layed out. here is the basic plan:

Friday Night - the return of F-Body vs Mustang. we will prolly just stick to the same plan we have used in the past, a pair of footbrake bracket classes and a muffled heads up.
Saturday - we are working with some people in the hacketstown area to put together an open, charity car show. just a few bucks to enter($5ish sound fair?), goodie bags, give aways, and there will be plenty of food available. we are also looking into working with area companies to match donations or offer up give aways. the fun will benefit the Autism Society.
Sunday - the main event!!! the plans for the nats will be discussed in more detail in the nats forum, starting with in the next week or so, and will include our traditional car show and bracket and heads up drag racing.

we decided to make this our north meet so that no one has to try to spend time traveling all the way north just to have them turn around and go someplace else a week or two later.
we are also adding a lot of new promotional avenues to the nats. we expect to see a large spike in attendance and participation this year. we will be working much more closely with other regional f-body clubs, companies, and the media to get the word out before the event and to remind anyone who didn't make it of the good time they missed afterwards. :)

Anti_Rice_Guy
11-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Sounds great Tim!!! I could help setup most likely if you need help since I'm so close. If I'm not down the shore I'd love to take the Camaro over and help out.

NJSPEEDER
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
January Monthly Meet is locked in!!!!

mark your calendars now, Saturday, January 19th. details will be coming soon so stay tuned!!!

NJSPEEDER
11-16-2007, 03:55 PM
July BBQ & Blood!!!

i spoke with reps from the community blood council of new jersey today. we will be working with them to add a blood drive to our annual central BBQ. food, games, cars, great summer weather, and now helping our local communities. this is going to be a great event.

if you want to know more about blood donation, check out the Community Blood Council of New Jersey website at http://communitybloodcouncil.org/

BonzoHansen
11-16-2007, 05:55 PM
July BBQ & Blood!!!

i spoke with reps from the community blood council of new jersey today. we will be working with them to add a blood drive to our annual central BBQ. food, games, cars, great summer weather, and now helping our local communities. this is going to be a great event.

if you want to know more about blood donation, check out the Community Blood Council of New Jersey website at http://communitybloodcouncil.org/

Blood & Guts!

unstable bob gable
11-17-2007, 08:58 PM
When is the shindig going to be @ Duke's Park in CENTRAL NJ again?

NJSPEEDER
11-17-2007, 11:08 PM
don't have a date yet. prolly pick the exact date in late january or early february once we know what all the tracks are doing so we can avoid trying to draw against any other major events.
we are hoping for the middle or end of the month.

01SS
01-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Here is a suggestion for the sept. south event maybe we could work on a private gathering at the vineland drive-in movies. Could be pretty neat scene for photo's and if the drive-in is up to it play some old car movies or something. If everyone likes the idea let me know I could start working on it. If someone already had the idea and I didnt see it sorry.

NJSPEEDER
01-13-2008, 09:48 PM
get me the contact info and i will get in touch with them. good suggestion :)

Jersey_TA
01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Here is a suggestion for the sept. south event maybe we could work on a private gathering at the vineland drive-in movies. Could be pretty neat scene for photo's and if the drive-in is up to it play some old car movies or something. If everyone likes the idea let me know I could start working on it. If someone already had the idea and I didnt see it sorry.

That is an AWESOME suggestion8-)

edpontiac91
01-13-2008, 10:35 PM
hey gang,

as those of you who attended yesterday heard and everyone that followed the meet ideas poll in the lounge, we are planning to make some adjustments to the monthly meet system for 2008.
some of the changes are very simple, like the change in batting order to go Central, North, then South next year. just switching North and South in the order solves a few scheduling issues.

as of now the plan looks like this:

January - Saturday, January 19th. New Year Kick Off Meet!!! Details coming soon

February - North, TBA. Suggestions?

March - South, Most likely a trip to the Texas Roadhouse again. Good spot and good food, why mess with it when the weather is going to be hit or miss anyway.

April - Central, TBA. May be a good chance to the Cruizin' to the Movies idea. Early in the season and weather starting to get warmer could really draw a crowd. We are looking at this as a charity benefit event and it will be open to anyone who cares to attend.

May - North, 3rd Annual NJFBOA Dyno Day!!! Yes, back to TTP for another day of horsepower and good eats courtesy of the TTP crew. For those who haven't gone before, TTPMom and TTPGrandma put out a killer spread of eats while TTPMatt and the shop crew give us the numbers we all like to brag about.

June - South, Cape May(cause you can't get further south than that. lol) A trip to the light house and whatever else we can come up with. Planning has already started :)

July - Central, BBQ & Blood!!! For July the NJFBOA will be hooking up with the Community Blood Council of New Jersey to add a blood drive to our annual BBQ festivous. Details and date will be worked out in the next few months.

August - North, 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals!!!!! We aren't going to bother trying to draw everyone to two events in one month. This is one of the major reasons for the change in the meet order. Everyone head north for the NJFBOA's 4th anniversary celebration. More announcements will be coming soon related to the 2008 East Coast Nats. Adjustments in the Car Show and Racing Rules as well as some new activities are being worked on to make this an entire weekend you won't want to miss.

September - South, TBA. We are looking for suggestions for September. This could be a good opportunity for the track rental idea if people don't mind taking a day off from work to attend. Any other suggestions?

October - Central, TBA. Sounds like a good time for some sort of season wrap up meet or maybe a costume party of some sort. Who knows? Suggestions?

November - North, TBA. Suggestions?

December - South, TBA. New Years Eve Party?

thanks again for all the great suggestions. as you can see there are still more opportunities for more ideas. if you have an idea to fill in one of the "TBA" holes, please let us know.

-Thanks

What will the COST be for the DYNO TIME at the TTPerformance Day in May?

NJSPEEDER
01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
not sure yet. we will have that to announce in a few weeks hopefully. the last two years it has ben $50 for 3 power pulls with a wideband and printout. i expect pricing to be in the same ballpark this year, maybe a few bucks more.
they also put out a huge spread of food for us and we get to walk around the shop and bother all the techs. :D it is a really good time

edpontiac91
01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
not sure yet. we will have that to announce in a few weeks hopefully. the last two years it has ben $50 for 3 power pulls with a wideband and printout. i expect pricing to be in the same ballpark this year, maybe a few bucks more.
they also put out a huge spread of food for us and we get to walk around the shop and bother all the techs. :D it is a really good time

What do they mean when they say A/F ratio, and what is a wideband? With the 3 pulls, do they do any adjustments i.e., timing-fuel pressure-spark plug wire check etc.?

01SS
01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
No problem I will get all the info this week.

NJSPEEDER
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
What do they mean when they say A/F ratio, and what is a wideband? With the 3 pulls, do they do any adjustments i.e., timing-fuel pressure-spark plug wire check etc.?

a wide badn O2 sensor is an accurate way to check the car's Air/Fuel Ratio while on the dyno. there is no time for adjustments between pulls, it is just three power pulls and then they bring on the next car.
the TTP dyno is available for tuning sessions, i am not sure what their rates are. you would have to give them a call and ask.

NJSPEEDER
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
No problem I will get all the info this week.

thanks. :)

ShitOnWheels
01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Just a suggestion, no idea how feasible it is. But many areas up north have lakes with fascilities of some sort. I know the one near where we are moving has this (we won't be a part of the association until we have kids though, so it won't be an option that we can work on), and there is a possibility of renting some space for a picnic of some sort with swimming and/or other activities as well. About a mile away from this lake in particular (just over the border in NY) is an old drive in movie theater that we could head to at night.

Again, dunno how feasible it is, but if anyone is a member of their lake association and can get more info it's a possibility.

Edit: Of course, now I realize north is only missing Feb and Nov...kinda silly to do the lake thing then I guess lol. But the drive in movie is still possible. It's only about a mile or so over the border in NY from Upper Greenwood Lake.

98tadriver
01-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I'll be Dyno'ing something at the TTP meet fo sho!

TTPMatt
01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
For tuning sessions we offer the dynojet at $150 per hour includes the wideband air/fuel, printouts, dyno usage, dyno operator.

As concerning the NJFBOA event, Tim and I wrapped up the details yesterday I am sure he will post soon. TTPMom got a second fridge so she's ready to make even more goodies, lol.

- Matt

DaSkinnyGuy
05-20-2008, 09:19 AM
I am just making a request that the june south meet be June 21st and or june 22nd because I will 100% be able to go those days. I am taking off of work for my birthday and I plan on being down in cape may at the familys place. I usualy work sat and sundays so thats why you never see me at the meets. My birthday is June20th so this would be an awsome weekend.

JW
05-20-2008, 09:58 AM
From what I understood was they were looking for another location for the June meet. I am not really sure what happen but I did try in get in contact with Tim but haven't heard from him in a long time.

JW :D

BonzoHansen
05-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Date for June will be out ASAP. I can tell you it will not be the 21-22. That is both GM at Carlisle and the NHRA is in E-Town. Very likely the last weekend in June, although Sat 6/14 is possible (15th is Fther's Day, so that is out).

Yes, it is a south month.

DaSkinnyGuy
05-20-2008, 01:25 PM
This is the part that stinks I have to work on the weekends and If i take off its usually to go with family. If its the weekend after the 21-22 I maybe able to go that but the 14-15th i am sure i will be working. I dont get why cape may is out of the question. Its a perfect spot and for any one who wants to take pictures of their car its a nice place to take pictures.

BonzoHansen
05-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Who said Cape May is not a possibility? Not in the summer, not with traffic, no way. But in the spring or fall, sure. Tim was trying to work out something with the light house for pics and such, but he was getting the run around.

Plus very few club members live down there.

NJ346
05-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I hope it's not on the 14th, because I won't be able to make it. My family always throws a fathers day party on that saturday so the family isn't stuck in traffic and the sunday everybody can do their own thing. Hopefully you guys will go with the last weekend in June, then I'll be able to make it out for my first meet.

Tru2Chevy
05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Who said Cape May is not a possibility? Not in the summer, not with traffic, no way. But in the spring or fall, sure. Tim was trying to work out something with the light house for pics and such, but he was getting the run around.

They all but came right out and said that they don't want our car club at the lighthouse at all, so chances are pretty good that the idea mentioned in the first post of this thread isn't going to happen anytime soon.

- Justin

sweetbmxrider
05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
so how about a cheesesteak run?:lol:

Tru2Chevy
05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
so how about a cheesesteak run?:lol:

We're already planning the Cheesesteak Run as a separate meet. All official NJFBOA monthly meets take place in NJ :)

- Justin

sweetbmxrider
05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
good GREAT AWESOME!!!!!! sorry ima cheesesteak kinda guy....

DaSkinnyGuy
05-20-2008, 06:44 PM
They all but came right out and said that they don't want our car club at the lighthouse at all, so chances are pretty good that the idea mentioned in the first post of this thread isn't going to happen anytime soon.

- Justin

Ok then meet at sunset beach thats 1 min from the lighthouse. Sun set beach to my house with 0 traffic is 2 hours and 40 mins and it isnt stopping me from driving there.