Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

2008 NJFBOA Monthly Meets

hey gang,

as those of you who attended yesterday heard and everyone that followed the meet ideas poll in the lounge, we are planning to make some adjustments to the monthly meet system for 2008.
some of the changes are very simple, like the change in batting order to go Central, North, then South next year. just switching North and South in the order solves a few scheduling issues.

as of now the plan looks like this:

January - Saturday, January 19th. New Year Kick Off Meet!!! Details coming soon

February - North, TBA. Suggestions?

March - South, Most likely a trip to the Texas Roadhouse again. Good spot and good food, why mess with it when the weather is going to be hit or miss anyway.

April - Central, TBA. May be a good chance to the Cruizin' to the Movies idea. Early in the season and weather starting to get warmer could really draw a crowd. We are looking at this as a charity benefit event and it will be open to anyone who cares to attend.

May - North, 3rd Annual NJFBOA Dyno Day!!! Yes, back to TTP for another day of horsepower and good eats courtesy of the TTP crew. For those who haven't gone before, TTPMom and TTPGrandma put out a killer spread of eats while TTPMatt and the shop crew give us the numbers we all like to brag about.

June - South, Cape May(cause you can't get further south than that. lol) A trip to the light house and whatever else we can come up with. Planning has already started

July - Central, BBQ & Blood!!! For July the NJFBOA will be hooking up with the Community Blood Council of New Jersey to add a blood drive to our annual BBQ festivous. Details and date will be worked out in the next few months.

August - North, 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals!!!!! We aren't going to bother trying to draw everyone to two events in one month. This is one of the major reasons for the change in the meet order. Everyone head north for the NJFBOA's 4th anniversary celebration. More announcements will be coming soon related to the 2008 East Coast Nats. Adjustments in the Car Show and Racing Rules as well as some new activities are being worked on to make this an entire weekend you won't want to miss.

September - South, TBA. We are looking for suggestions for September. This could be a good opportunity for the track rental idea if people don't mind taking a day off from work to attend. Any other suggestions?

October - Central, TBA. Sounds like a good time for some sort of season wrap up meet or maybe a costume party of some sort. Who knows? Suggestions?

November - North, TBA. Suggestions?

December - South, TBA. New Years Eve Party?

thanks again for all the great suggestions. as you can see there are still more opportunities for more ideas. if you have an idea to fill in one of the "TBA" holes, please let us know.

-Thanks

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 10-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
bandit88
Power Member / Load Driver

i might be planning a "poker run" kind of deal for the Riding center I work for
Could that be one of the meets?
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

2011 Regal CXL TO2
Old 10-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

for now we are open to attending other events but we would like to keep our primary meets as hosted and planned by and for the club. once you get details of the poker run you are planning together please let us know. one of the other changes we are trying to make for '08 is to make sure the calendar has as many events from around the region as possible, especially those that benefit charity.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
EchoMirage
13 Second Club

what about the chatterbox again
Old 10-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
what about the chatterbox again
We are hoping to incorporate the Chatterbox into the East Coast Nat's weekend.

- Justin

Old 10-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #6
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Awesome! I actually was going to make a post about that but the only North meets not taken are in February and November because I figured we could make a trip watch the Island races. Guess it worked out well in that regard.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 10-29-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
BonzoHansen
Admin.

June would be a time great poker run. Start central, head down south.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

for december '08, who would be interested in a new years eve party?
i was thinking it would be cool to have a hotel ballroom reserved so we can party until well after midnight and then jsut head to our rooms. no need to worry about drunk drivers, check points, or any of the other potentially negative BS that surrounds the holiday.
just a good safe time with a bunch of friends.
we coudl see if we can set up a deal for food and soft drinks, do the cash bar thing(with some sort of drink specials going on), and try to set up a package to include the rooms too.

sound like an idea that coudl work? what would you be wiling to pay for a complete room+party+food+soft drinks package?

Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Sounds like a good idea...depends on how much though. Cash is usually pretty tight around the holidays. see what kind of rates you can get and then I guess go from there.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #10
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i am going to get to work on it soon. i think it woudl work best to come up with a rate for the party + food and another rate for party + food + room. i certainly don't expect everyone to want to stay in a hotel, although i would want to have some system in place to make sure people are ok to drive before they leave.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

June - South, Cape May Light House?

looking into trying to reserve a few parking spots, arrange a light house tour, and local meal.
i think it would be a good opportunity to get some of our friends from delaware, south east pa, and maryland to come hang out with the usual crowd of south jersey weirdos.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 PM   #12
Mike
BadMod

tim you mean december 07-newyears day 08? if so im down becasue im off, but if you mean 08-09 i dunno what my days off will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #13
bandit88
Power Member / Load Driver

i don't think i'm going to make that new years day meet if you guys do it
jet lag FTL
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

2011 Regal CXL TO2
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #14
Knipps

thread is 08 meets so i'm assuming next year

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:34 PM   #15
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
tim you mean december 07-newyears day 08? if so im down becasue im off, but if you mean 08-09 i dunno what my days off will be

the meet planning would be '08 into '09. if someone is willing to volunteer a place to party in the new year i will volunteer to get silly drunk at their house though

Old 11-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

August '08 - East Coast F-Body Nationals Weekend!!!

ok kids, the basic plan is layed out. here is the basic plan:

Friday Night - the return of F-Body vs Mustang. we will prolly just stick to the same plan we have used in the past, a pair of footbrake bracket classes and a muffled heads up.
Saturday - we are working with some people in the hacketstown area to put together an open, charity car show. just a few bucks to enter($5ish sound fair?), goodie bags, give aways, and there will be plenty of food available. we are also looking into working with area companies to match donations or offer up give aways. the fun will benefit the Autism Society.
Sunday - the main event!!! the plans for the nats will be discussed in more detail in the nats forum, starting with in the next week or so, and will include our traditional car show and bracket and heads up drag racing.

we decided to make this our north meet so that no one has to try to spend time traveling all the way north just to have them turn around and go someplace else a week or two later.
we are also adding a lot of new promotional avenues to the nats. we expect to see a large spike in attendance and participation this year. we will be working much more closely with other regional f-body clubs, companies, and the media to get the word out before the event and to remind anyone who didn't make it of the good time they missed afterwards.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Sounds great Tim!!! I could help setup most likely if you need help since I'm so close. If I'm not down the shore I'd love to take the Camaro over and help out.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 11-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #18
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

January Monthly Meet is locked in!!!!

mark your calendars now, Saturday, January 19th. details will be coming soon so stay tuned!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #19
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

July BBQ & Blood!!!

i spoke with reps from the community blood council of new jersey today. we will be working with them to add a blood drive to our annual central BBQ. food, games, cars, great summer weather, and now helping our local communities. this is going to be a great event.

if you want to know more about blood donation, check out the Community Blood Council of New Jersey website at http://communitybloodcouncil.org/

Old 11-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #20
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
July BBQ & Blood!!!

i spoke with reps from the community blood council of new jersey today. we will be working with them to add a blood drive to our annual central BBQ. food, games, cars, great summer weather, and now helping our local communities. this is going to be a great event.

if you want to know more about blood donation, check out the Community Blood Council of New Jersey website at http://communitybloodcouncil.org/
Blood & Guts!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 11-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #21
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

When is the shindig going to be @ Duke's Park in CENTRAL NJ again?

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:08 PM   #22
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

don't have a date yet. prolly pick the exact date in late january or early february once we know what all the tracks are doing so we can avoid trying to draw against any other major events.
we are hoping for the middle or end of the month.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #23
01SS

Here is a suggestion for the sept. south event maybe we could work on a private gathering at the vineland drive-in movies. Could be pretty neat scene for photo's and if the drive-in is up to it play some old car movies or something. If everyone likes the idea let me know I could start working on it. If someone already had the idea and I didnt see it sorry.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #24
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

get me the contact info and i will get in touch with them. good suggestion

Old 01-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #25
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SS View Post
Here is a suggestion for the sept. south event maybe we could work on a private gathering at the vineland drive-in movies. Could be pretty neat scene for photo's and if the drive-in is up to it play some old car movies or something. If everyone likes the idea let me know I could start working on it. If someone already had the idea and I didnt see it sorry.
That is an AWESOME suggestion
2000 T/A WS6 - 11.190 @ 119.79...SOLD
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events