Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #51
HeadlessNorseman

I was in EXACTLY the same position you are when i was 18. and ill tell you i agree with everyone that says WAIT. im 24 now and i dont even care about driving a hot rod... i just like having something that starts and doesnt attract attention. Whatever we say isnt going to matter but a little patience and wisdom goes a lonnnnnng way with cash

JSFBOA

Draino?
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #52
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRocsFirebird View Post
yes 11s now lol when i'm done i'm shooting for 8-9s lol and i just got back from meeting up with kevin.. facebook war broke out i called them out we met up in a parking lot but now everything is good.. friggin kids these days
Your car doesnt run anything now from what you have been saying.. To say it runs 11's but is not drivable is not a good state of mind to have with building a car. To say what you think it will run and what it actually runs is very different. What happens if you get it back together and take it to the track and it runs 12's? If it took you 20,000 + to get your car to hopefully run 11's I cant imagine what it will cost you to run 8's!! By the time you are done and the money you have spent, you could have bought a ZR1 and been done with it!! You are dumping a crap ton of money and time into a car that you already said you wish you never would have bought!! If you are going to invest this into something at least let it be something that you want!!
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #53
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Your car doesnt run anything now from what you have been saying.. To say it runs 11's but is not drivable is not a good state of mind to have with building a car. To say what you think it will run and what it actually runs is very different. What happens if you get it back together and take it to the track and it runs 12's? If it took you 20,000 + to get your car to hopefully run 11's I cant imagine what it will cost you to run 8's!! By the time you are done and the money you have spent, you could have bought a ZR1 and been done with it!! You are dumping a crap ton of money and time into a car that you already said you wish you never would have bought!! If you are going to invest this into something at least let it be something that you want!!
it does run lol i need to put the pcv valve back in. i have to much blow by and its blowing my pcv valve out and oil goes everywhere. thats why i need a better bottom end cause the rings arnt holding up. but i ran sandro's 07 mustang and walked passed him

1988 Mustang - supercharged, heads/cam etc...

2012 Mustang - 5.0 6spd / 437rwhp 420trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Verts are gay and stalkers ride in them.
BigRocsFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #54
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRocsFirebird View Post
it does run lol i need to put the pcv valve back in. i have to much blow by and its blowing my pcv valve out and oil goes everywhere. thats why i need a better bottom end cause the rings arnt holding up. but i ran sandro's 07 mustang and walked passed him

So your mustang ran 11's or is suppose to run 11's?? And walking a 07 Mustang is nothing really to brag about. They are like mid-high 13's if you are lucky stock!! Running a car at the street and at the track is totally different as well!!

You said it yourself.. It was a mistake to buy this mustang.. If thats the case then thats the way you will always feel about it.. You will always be on the lookout for the car you actually want!! Just like when I got my v6 firebird. I modded it and said I would never sell it but deep down inside I really wanted a LS1 T/A.. No matter how fast my V6 was it wasnt a WS6.

Are you asking for our advice or are you trying to brag about how much you make for being 18??
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110

Last edited by Slow-V6; 06-12-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #55
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

facebook > logic
Old 06-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #56
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
So your mustang ran 11's or is suppose to run 11's?? And walking a 07 Mustang is nothing really to brag about. They are like mid-high 13's if you are lucky stock!! Running a car at the street and at the track is totally different as well!!

You said it yourself.. It was a mistake to buy this mustang.. If thats the case then thats the way you will always feel about it.. You will always be on the lookout for the car you actually want!! Just like when I got my v6 firebird. I modded it and said I would never sell it but deep down inside I really wanted a LS1 T/A.. No matter how fast my V6 was it wasnt a WS6.

Are you asking for our advice or are you trying to brag about how much you make for being 18??
i will take it to the track and get numbers. and i couldnt find anything and i needed something. next thing in line was a corvette and i wanted help from the forum cause i knew some people owned them. then someone my neighbor pulled that car out of his ass. they had 12 people searching all over trying to get it and the found one. but before that i was told i couldnt get one anytime soon so i wanted help for vettes. i'm not trying to sound like i'm bragging, sorry if its coming off that way

Quote:
Old 06-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #57
B4C

Quote:
You said it yourself.. It was a mistake to buy this mustang.. If thats the case then thats the way you will always feel about it.. You will always be on the lookout for the car you actually want!!
This and exactly this, get exactly what you want or you will never be happy with it.
B4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #58
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Going fast = money going faster

8 second car on the street = bad stuffs

If I could do it all over again, I would have went for a house down payment instead. Its your money though, do what you want and post pics/vids
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
sweet. don't do what I did and waste all that money while you lived at home on cars & bars. travel, have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Not trying to crush dreams but I would go talk to a financial planner. You can use that money to buy an awesome car now but you will take the depreciation hit and the nasty insurance surcharges, or you can bank the cash and use the money to set yourself up for a lifetime of good stuff a little later on.

I understand that everybody wants to drive an awesome car and be balls deep in sluts when they are 18 but you are in a unique position which allows you to secure a good future. So you can have a cool car now or a fleet of them later...
Oh My God but I just realized I am getting old. These guys gave you great advice, boring but great advice non the less. Invest in some real estate and count your money later. Then you can come back and ask whether you want a GT500 or Z06 or ???
But we were all given the same advice at one point I am sure. It's just that new cars, strippers and good times are so much in the now fun. I would buy a nice C5 and bank the rest. But thats 36 y/o eyes looking through an 18 y/o wallet. Then again you only live once.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #59
BonzoHansen
Admin.

HEY! I said "travel, have fun!"!!!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #60
79T/A

Well, by now, it's Monday and you're probably already doing donuts in a $53k car with a temp tag in the window, but I'll jump on the "Do as I say, not as I did" bandwagon. I'm almost 40. Bought ONE new car in my lifetime, and that was the Jeep Wrangler I got ten years ago, a year after I started my career. LOVE it, but still wishing I'd gone used. NEVER buying a new car again (Unless, of course, I become a zillionaire and can sneeze money). You're already miles ahead of where I was at 18, when I just HAD to have a Camaro. That car is looooooong gone and never got to be what I wanted it to.

You're making good bank now, but how long is it going to last? Any college or schooling to back all this up so you can hold onto that awesome job and do even better later on, and not have someone else get a promotion over you?

Daily driving ANY performance car in the winter is AZZ. You've already got a performance car. Either:

1. Get rid of the Fox body and have ONE performance car if you've absolutely got to have this 2012, then get a decent, cheap DD so you can hold onto SOME of its value.

2. Stop dreaming so huge, get a decent, cheap DD to beat on and enjoy your Fox body on the nice days (After you get it running properly, of course).

These days, the Jeep is modded enough that it's a BLAST to drive, but I still only do so occasionally as it's a gas pig and not the most practical for everyday use (Especially after a good romp in the woods and it's covered in mud). Just my two brown Abes...
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #61
BigRocsFirebird

Hey guess thanks for everything, i got the 2012 5.0 6spd monday. i've been busy the past 2 days driving none stop. never drove stick before and learned with boots on. got it down within 5 min. only stalled once cause i went to takeoff at the light and forgot traction control was on and she bogged out dropping the clutch. but lastnight i graduated and me and my friend did a burnout leaving next to each other it was cool seeing 2 mustangs lol but there was over 40 people doing burnouts and the kid behind us in a truck did a burnout after us and got pulled over as we took off. we lucked out

Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #62
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Two day old brand new car and the kid is already smoking the tires

This thread is that thread.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #63
Slow-V6

I never owned a brand new car but I assume its like installing a brand new motor were you have to break everything in before you should romp on it? Oh well at least its under warrenty!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #64
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
I never owned a brand new car but I assume its like installing a brand new motor were you have to break everything in before you should romp on it? Oh well at least its under warrenty!!!
haha i put 400 miles on it the first day so its kinda broken in. i'm going easy on it.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #65
Mike
BadMod

so its a 5.0 gt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #66
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
so its a 5.0 gt?
yes 5.0 premium gt 6spd loaded out. my neighbor works for ford i got 8k knocked off cause i have a D plan on it. i got one hell of a deal. it has 412hp and i already ordered exhuast intake and the tuner. they claim it adds 67hp and dyno proven but idk and i found a supercharger kit for it already. it takes it to 624hp for 8k

Quote:
Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #67
BonzoHansen
Admin.

supercharger? great, soon you'll have 2 broken mustangs with no warranty. Be smart, leave the DD alone and finish that fox body.

sounds like a fun car

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #68
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Quote:
supercharger? great, soon you'll have 2 broken mustangs with no warranty. Be smart, leave the DD alone and finish that fox body.

sounds like a fun car

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #69
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:

sounds like a fun car
Yeah your right lol I orderd the exhuast, intake and tuner. I don't need the supercharger is should be good with that. I'm hopeing 450 to hte wheels.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #70
Mike
BadMod

you will be lucky to have between 360 and 400 to the wheels.

that 412 number is at the crank, and the exhaust and tune number is a bit exagerated im sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #71
Slow-V6

Weekend car slower then you DD FTW!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #72
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
you will be lucky to have between 360 and 400 to the wheels.

that 412 number is at the crank, and the exhaust and tune number is a bit exagerated im sure.
yeah well see i'll have it dynoed. i watched a buddies dyno 406 at the wheels brand new. i know every car is differnt some are freaks and some arnt.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #73
79T/A

Quote:
Yeah, the right way would be break-in oil for the first 100 miles, change it, run it at lower RPMs for 500 miles (Read: Don't do burn outs or otherwise redline the crap out of it) and then change the oil again. And then enjoy.

Is it bad I hate this kid just a little bit for having a car worth more than all of the cars I've ever owned combined?
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #74
bobb1589

Not trying to bash or start trouble, but you sound completely irresponsible with your money... I get the whole "you only live once" thing, but seriously. To drop that kind of money at that age is insane. You can't live in the car, it's not the easiest thing to get rid of when you need liquidity, and it sounds like you're just going to want to throw more money into it. I'm not much older than you myself, but the way to wealth isn't by spending it carelessly. You might have people "starting sh^t on facebook" with you about your cars or how they are faster than you now, but buying a fast car and throwing more money into it is only going to matter for another few years until you have to worry about real things in life, like paying a mortgage, buying diapers, and putting food on the table. Also, who says your job is going to be around next year, honestly you're not in an industry like IT or Healthcare that is pretty resilient compared to other industries. Do you have a degree? If not how about throwing some of that money into going to college for something worthwhile. (Again those past few sentences aren't saying your job is lesser than any other job out there.) But to be completely honest I just graduated college and I'm one of the maybe 15% of the kids I graduated with that have a job. I'm just suggesting you think about your future. I know it's not "cool" to think about real estate or financial portfolio's at your age but I think it would be much cooler when that $50k you're spending on a car today turns to double or triple in 10 years. I know a financial planner in your area if you come around to your senses PM me and I can give you his info. You can be a very wealthy guy if you play your cards right.

Just to give you an idea go play with this calculator.

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator...calculator.htm

Anyway.... thats my rant and rave for you. Be smart with your money. No one said you have to die with it but you can also make the second half of your life much more leisurely than every other guy you know.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #75
BigRocsFirebird

i get what you guys are saying but again i never spent 50k i was going to get it then i went with the 5.0 which was cheaper and i got a D plan. it wouldve been over 40 but i and lower on it.my neighbor hooked me up. and i have a few ASE certs, i have arc flash training, certs for 6/11 rod for welding and hv/ac

Quote:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge