Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 01-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Good paint/ body shops in central jersey

hey guys just figured id ask....

looking for a really good paint shop in central jersey (im in robbinsville near hamilton ect) i wanna get my car buffed out and detailed and theres a couple small scratches (rock chips) that will need touched up .... basically im anal and the paint on my car is almost perfect.... but i want it perfect around spring time... thanks in advance
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

H&K and sons in Phillipsburg, NJ (warren county) ask for mark he did the paint on my pickup with flames. (pics of it in my sig link)

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*
jimmyboy8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

DJ's in ewing. evil90ss works there. they do great work

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
BigAls87Z28

Matt is crazy. They paint with Dutch Boy and rollers!! DONT GO!!
haha kidding. There is a big paint shp around here somewhere, I have the guys business card lying around.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:25 AM   #5
Rich189

hate to sound like an idiot but which ^ one of them is matt.... im kinda new here hopfully ill get to know and meet all you guys pretty soon
Old 01-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

There's a decent place out in Yardville but I can't remember the guy's name right now. I'll post back when I can remember it.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich189
hate to sound like an idiot but which ^ one of them is matt.... im kinda new here hopfully ill get to know and meet all you guys pretty soon
Matt = Evil90SS
he doesn't check the board everyday, best way to get in touch with him woudl prolly be to send a PM to Squirrel(Eric = Matt's bro) and get the shops contact info.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
redbanditZ28

There is a place in Bound Brook, near somerville. I am not sure if its still there but the guy's work is excellent. His name is chris. His work was featured in tons of import magazines with wild paint jobs. He painted my Z style hood on my 98 Camaro. Did an excellent job. Even got the paint on the hood to match the fenders without blending which saved me money.
redbanditZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #9
Traxion LT1

There is a place in Freehold Twp, may cost a little more, but he does great work
Traxion LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #10
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Now I remember his name. It's Gary Betsy. I saw a 69 Z28 he did and it was really nice. Here's a link to his shop:

Gary Betsy Auto Body
Old 01-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
Rich189

thanks for all the help guys.... it wont happen till april or so but im pretty sure im either giving the work to hardcorez28 or ill get in touch with evil90ss at dj's and give him the work
Old 01-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #12
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
Now I remember his name. It's Gary Betsy. I saw a 69 Z28 he did and it was really nice. Here's a link to his shop:

Gary Betsy Auto Body
Not the first time I have heard his name.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #13
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
DJ's in ewing. evil90ss works there. they do great work

I wouldn't hesitate to go see Danny at DJ's Auto Restorations....Class guy who does top notch work, on time and on budget. I had him paint my 70 Nova and wanted the job done right, he delivered. If you wanted to stop by to check out my Nova, feel free or if ya want some pics I'll send ya some pics also......His shop is cleaner that some of the area hospitals, no lie....no clutter, no yard full of half finished half assed cars, no lost parts.....you really need to at least talk to this guy prior to making a decision.

I still have his business card

ph:609-530-0901
fax:609-530-9107
www.djsrestoration.com

check it out....

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #14
EVIL90SS

hey....i work at DJs, and i saw pics of your car, wait till me and danny flame out the SS. but yea....at the shop right now we have a 65 GTO, 68 mustang, 72 cutlass convertable, 66 rambler, 67 camaro, 77 trans am, 65 lemans, and a 68 triumph tr350

EVIL90SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #15
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy8301
H&K and sons in Phillipsburg, NJ (warren county) ask for mark he did the paint on my pickup with flames. (pics of it in my sig link)
H&K and Sons, 135 South 5th St., Phillipsburg, NJ. 908-387-1080

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #16
coolcamaroZ28

My review of Central's Bodyshops

Gary Betsy would be a great choice. I have witnessed his work win awards at Carlisle. Here's who is good and bad in the area...

Karl Mey's - good work, shop is a little big though (de-personalizes results) - see Chuck

Body By Mule' - The owner is an ******* (Ron Mule'), but his cars have been in several magazines. The shop manager Jeff is a nice guy, but I would never take my cars there.

Body By Duie - John does nice work (took over for his father a few years back) and has a lot of custom work he does. May be a bit sloppy, though.

Trenton Carstar - Barbara and Steve are great people, but I would't trust them (or the Joyce's) with my car...(They also run Pennington Carstar)

Ficcarro's - these guys do ok for most people, but no attention to detail.

Robert Christopher/Strictly Corvettes - STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS SHOP AS POSSIBLE! Don't even drive by, these guys (Frank and Robert) are pricks!!!!

Budmans - Mike is a great guy and I've had my car there for an alignment - he does good work, but falls somewhere in the middle of my list.

JR's Autobody - This place is just plain scary, I would never leave my car there.

Marazzo's - Nice crew (Shawn, Betty and her hot daughter), but again, mass produced work is often average.

K&H - Joe and Al do nice work, but are very pricey!

Magic Finish (Lawrenceville) - Harry does average work. He painted the mirrors on my white car and swirls abound, not the place to get your car rubbed out!

Rico's - Rico is getting a bit old and Donna has an attitude, skip it...

Allentown Autobody - For a truly religious experience, these folks are doing 'Bodywork for the Lord' If that doesn't bother you, Teresa and Craig are great people who will do whatever it takes to make you satisfied, they are just a bit too far out there for me to deal with!

Charlie Allen's (at Patterson Chevy) - not to be confused with his brother's shop on kuser rd, Charlie does ok work, but he is more concerned with the bottom line and keeping his shop profitable since splitting off from his brother topay attention to his work...

G&E Autobody - Richie is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, but he does terrible work that takes forever!

That's all I can think of for now, but if we've got a guy who works at a shop on the boards, then I would probably go with him. I don't know much about DJ's (except that it's on a backstreet off Olden and Prospect kind of near Body By FM), but if this guy sees the work day in and day out, he would be the best indicator. If you have a question about another shop in the Mercer County area, let me know. I can probably tell you a thing or two about them...

--John
Old 01-27-2006, 03:13 AM   #17
Rich189

thanks a lot for all the info and i know ron mule... hes an ******* and ill never go near that shop again ... i took my old car to champion on 130 cuz the owner lived right up the street from me he did excellent work (took care of my car personally so i dunno how average work is there but id assume at least good) but he sold the shop and i dunno bout the new owner

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Old 01-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #18
SSport

I can't tell you a good shop but i will tell you to stay away from Ultimate Collision in Edison on Rt. 1.....they do good paint work but are expensive as hell (wanted $500 to do two fuel rail covers) and they take forever (they'll give you a time of 1 week and ends up taking 4 months)
Old 01-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #19
coolcamaroZ28

Quote:
i took my old car to champion on 130 cuz the owner lived right up the street from me he did excellent work (took care of my car personally so i dunno how average work is there but id assume at least good) but he sold the shop and i dunno bout the new owner
Whoa, I almost forgot about Champion, his name was Tom, right? Wow, I didn't know he sold the shop! Does he still operate the limo business or did he sell that too? That sucks, he was a nice guy...
Old 01-28-2006, 12:28 AM   #20
Rich189

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcamaroZ28
Whoa, I almost forgot about Champion, his name was Tom, right? Wow, I didn't know he sold the shop! Does he still operate the limo business or did he sell that too? That sucks, he was a nice guy...
he sold it bout a year ago and opened a boat marina but it didnt do so good and now hes tring to open another shop or buy that one back i dont know if either is actually gonna happen though.... and he sold the limo business too but the guy who runs that ended up being really nice he got me a hummer limo for my sr prom

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Old 01-28-2006, 11:42 PM   #21
Z28 Heritage

BODY SHOPS

Thomas Brothers...Corner of Asbury Ave and Shaft RD...Tinto Falls...Excellent work....See Cricket
Z28 Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:23 AM   #22
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcamaroZ28
Gary Betsy would be a great choice. I have witnessed his work win awards at Carlisle. Here's who is good and bad in the area...

Body By Mule' - The owner is an ******* (Ron Mule'), but his cars have been in several magazines. The shop manager Jeff is a nice guy, but I would never take my cars there.

Body By Duie - John does nice work (took over for his father a few years back) and has a lot of custom work he does. May be a bit sloppy, though.

Trenton Carstar - Barbara and Steve are great people, but I would't trust them (or the Joyce's) with my car...(They also run Pennington Carstar)

--John
Mule- He is a jakcass

Duie-Excellent work, Sprayed my car after I did the body work and I cannot complain one bit. They have been spraying our cars for years and they do AMAZING work.

Trenton Car Star- I am great friends with Barbara. I have Known her since i was about 9 or 10 and they do excellent work over there. Great people to work with!

Gary Betsy- Just lost one of their best workers whom i am good friends with so I dont know what the quality of the workmanship will be now.

John over at Duies is sometimes hard to get in touch with of get answers from but if time is not a problem drop the car off and you will get exactly what you want. They are great to work with though.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #23
97Formula

Thumbs up Hunt Auto Body

I've been to a few shops, and eventually found Hunt Auto Body in Fairless Hills, PA. The owner's name is Mark and is very awesome to deal with. The techs are perfectionists and they take alot of pride in their work (they will work on your car as if it was theirs!) I-CAR certified, very high quality workmanship from these guys. People with Vettes and Jags go there. They mostly work on high-end cars like these. They use DuPont Chromasystem paint, and they'll go as far as making you inspect the paintwork before they put your car back together. Pretty fair on the price as well (you get what you pay for).

I'm sure most of you already found a shop you can trust to do great body work. But if you're still looking, look no further. I don't work for Hunt, I am just so satisfied with the job they did on my car that I want others to have the same experience I had.

For more info, check out their website: www.huntautobody.com
97Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #24
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Formula
I've been to a few shops, and eventually found Hunt Auto Body in Fairless Hills, PA. The owner's name is Mark and is very awesome to deal with. The techs are perfectionists and they take alot of pride in their work (they will work on your car as if it was theirs!) I-CAR certified, very high quality workmanship from these guys. People with Vettes and Jags go there. They mostly work on high-end cars like these. They use DuPont Chromasystem paint, and they'll go as far as making you inspect the paintwork before they put your car back together. Pretty fair on the price as well (you get what you pay for).

I'm sure most of you already found a shop you can trust to do great body work. But if you're still looking, look no further. I don't work for Hunt, I am just so satisfied with the job they did on my car that I want others to have the same experience I had.

For more info, check out their website: www.huntautobody.com
Thats some good paint thats what is on the Chevelle...A little more expensive but worth it in the end.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #25
rscamaro73

OK...here's my skinny - I need a replacment dash/cowl with lower a-pillars put on my car. 73 Camaro. I have the donor metal, and there's alot to work with.

I'd prefer someone close to Trenton since I'm 5 min away......so honestly....between DJ's and Hunt.....since they're the closest....which would YOU guys take your prized baby to ? I'd do it, but its hard 9000 miles away....and I'll be back Thursday (headed to Carlisle Friday) anc can stop by there any day the week after.

Thanks for the input

NASTY Z-28.com

My Cardomain site

"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered."
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
rscamaro73 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey